If we have the same bench we will lose

Balmain Bug

If we have the same bench we will lose

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:19 pm

The Fonz has already indicated that the 17 will more than likely be the same.

We need a better bench. The players on the bench last night played terrible. (Except Fitzy who only played a few minutes)

Punt the three forwards and let them find their game in reserve grade.

Bring in Gower, Fifita, Mataka or anyone that can catch a ball and hit it up with power.

We will get flogged if we turn up with the same bench. The Fonz must change things and change players when they have not performed. Not persist with them like in years gone by.

He needs to trial others on the bench to identify the best solution.

Over to you Fonz.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:47 pm

We do need a better bench but we can still win with the same bench.

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:53 pm

I agree with you Bug.., i would definately punt Cayless and maybe Flanagan. Cayless is as effective as Moltzen running balls back from kicks.
Just heard Ryan will be out for 3 weeks, God i can't believe Fitzy will get a crack. I feel sick.

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:56 pm

The bench will change.
Fitzy will start due to the suspension dished out to Beau Ryan.
(Scary stuff thinking of a Carney/Anasta Bomb going up and Moltzen and Fitzy going to take it)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

More starch needed in the reserve forwards if we are to dominate forthe majority of the 80 minutes atleast.
Andrew Fifita would be a great inclusion. He loves to throw an offload this kid.
:D
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Mad Tiger

Post by Mad Tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:00 pm

Flanagan looked to struggle to me...

Moors didnt do much at all...

Cayless was average in his 1st stint, but looked much better in his 2nd stint, i would stick with him as i think he will only get better once he gets used to the speed etc...

Fitzy, well i dont want to even go there as ill get shot down by the fanboys...

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:17 pm

we can still win with that bench but i think the usage needs to be looked at. No more taking Gibbs and Galloway off at the same time. The rotation needs to change if the bench stays the same. Maybe even start with Cayless leaving Gibbs to rip in when Galloway goes off.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:31 pm

Depends how we play I guess.

I was sitting there in awe of the muscle we showed early, I was thinking Simon would be loving it too, but also wondering how long we could keep it up....as it eventuated, not long.
If we play our own game and dont get sucked into playing the other teams as I think we did last nite, and we use the bench a bit more evenly and wisely, and without one player on there for one player only...then I see no reason why we cant win again....only hope theres much more impact from those coming off it this week.

Trying to play basically 15 against 17 as last nite will see us come undone eventually

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:22 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:The Fonz has already indicated that the 17 will more than likely be the same.

We need a better bench. The players on the bench last night played terrible. (Except Fitzy who only played a few minutes)

Punt the three forwards and let them find their game in reserve grade.

Bring in Gower, Fifita, Mataka or anyone that can catch a ball and hit it up with power.

We will get flogged if we turn up with the same bench. The Fonz must change things and change players when they have not performed. Not persist with them like in years gone by.

He needs to trial others on the bench to identify the best solution.

Over to you Fonz.
Again...what was Manly's excuse...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:25 pm

You guys are too impatient... Cayless and Moors had major injuries last year really preventing them from playing consistent footy. you think an off season is going to help them out? They need the match practice and i think by keeping them there it will help build there confidence and bring the much need spark off the bench. Cayless can be damaging like he once was... give him tim.. Moors is big and looks strong.. but coming off a broken leg last year isnt easy.. hell need a couple of games to come good. I say good on sheens for keeping the same team

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:Depends how we play I guess.

I was sitting there in awe of the muscle we showed early, I was thinking Simon would be loving it too, but also wondering how long we could keep it up....as it eventuated, not long.
If we play our own game and dont get sucked into playing the other teams as I think we did last nite, and we use the bench a bit more evenly and wisely, and without one player on there for one player only...then I see no reason why we cant win again....only hope theres much more impact from those coming off it this week.

Trying to play basically 15 against 17 as last nite will see us come undone eventually
While I give Georgie Rose his due credit....he was impact++

Rodney and Seu Seu were as effective as soggy loo paper.....

Kite didn't do much either....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:45 pm

Last night the bench failed to do a great deal and offered no real impact. Having said that, while I think there could be better options at the moment, we've got the same 17 named and no amount of whinging will change that. The Roosters play a different style to Manly though and hopefully the Tigers bench are up to the task and improve on last night.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 6:01 pm

Drop one of the smaller guys off the bench and replace with one of our younger fair dinkum props. If Fitz replaces Ryan then simply add a big prop.

Not only do we need more size on the bench, we will also need more props during the season so may as well blood them now before they have to perform under too much pressure.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:08 pm

cayless did ok, nothing special but once he gets his legs back he will be a valuable asset to us, id expect to see the best of him come round 10.

as for the rest of the bench id be happy if they were all dropped but that wont happen, but i do believe that gower HAS to be there
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:27 pm

Its funny really - if we lost that game last night that bench would have changed. They really couldn't maintain the metres and agression of the opening 20mins. We win though and it stays the same. If Fitzy goes onto the wing for Ryan we really need someone with some size there. Shirnack or Fifita possibly.

fainty

Post by fainty » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:27 pm

When's payton due back???

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:29 pm

fainty wrote:When's payton due back???
Round 3 at this stage.

BRET

Post by BRET » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:46 pm

Roosters will be licking their lips awaiting our interchange after watching last nights game.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:31 pm

Moors and Cayless will be there, though both could have player much better than the other night. Flanagan looked a little out of his depth so some time in reserve grade would probably be good for him. Fitzhenry will probably be put on the wing though I think we need someone stronger under the high ball. Brown comes to mind for size but his ability under the high ball has questions from trial form I believe. Daniella is possibly an option though has spent most of his times in the centres this year. Pritchard has been talked up though I haven't seen any of him. Maybe the experienced wingman Fitzhenry is the best option after all outside young Ayshford?

On Beau Ryans case, it looked accidental though in definition its a crusher tackle.