If we have the same bench we will lose

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: If we have the same bench we will lose

Post by smeghead » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 1:10 pm

I only saw him last week Geo so can only comment from that. His poor effort led to a try directly. However at this stage of the season maybe it is harsh putting it down to lazyness as fatigue is a real possibility as well

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 1:15 pm

Yossarian wrote:
southerntiger wrote:I watched the game again yesterday and to be honest I think we have been a little harsh on Cayless and Moors. They werent nearly as bad as some have suggested and, apart from the Moors knock on that led to the second try, had nothing to do with the turnaround in the second 20 mins. The biggest culprit in respect of this was Chris Heignington. His miss on George Rose, and the stupid penalties he gave away, was under 7s type work. Chris really needs to pull his socks up for mine.
130m+ running, 34 tackles and you talk about missing a tackle on a guy who stepped inside him? And the penalties he conceded were a joke... Not saying he was man of the match but he was nowhere near as bad as some of you guys go on about.

Oh yes he was. Dumb penalties at dumb times. He could have been pinged a couple of more times as well. Tough up the middle however and should be retained, but no more crap penalties.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 1:16 pm

Fair enough Smeg....the more he spends in State Cup the better for now I guess....

Someone mentioned Cayless is a few weeks away from his best....Why is he doing it in First Grade?

50mins State Cup a week would be better....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

BRET

Post by BRET » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 1:59 pm

magpiecol wrote:Could not agree more. Another forward on the bench if Fitzy is called up. I think that Flanagan could fill in in the backline if needed. (Ellis certainly could and has done for Leeds). Who that forward might be is a matter of opinion. Andrew Fafita could be ok. But not, repeat not Gower. After watching the Newtown game last night he was very very ordinary. Overrated would be an understatement.
You could not be more wrong about the 2009 NSW Cup Most Valuable Player of the Year.

Most Valuable Player Award
Sep 24, 2009

Balmain Ryde’s David Gower has taken out the NSW Cup Most Valuable Player award at the New South Wales Rugby League annual presentation dinner tonight.

2009 has been an exceptional year for Gower who, in July, was selected in the NSW Residents team and won the Apprentice of the Year at the Central & Northern Sydney Regional Training Awards night. In September he made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in their round 26 victory over the Bulldogs and he is also highly regarded by Wests Tigers and Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens.

On Sunday Gower will take to Leichhardt Oval for the Tigers when they play the North Sydney Bears in the 2009 NSW Cup Preliminary Final. Gower has been inspirational for the Tigers in the final series and he says a premiership with Tigers would cap off a terrific year.

“To be named NSW Cup player of the year is a huge honour because there is some prestigious talent in this competition,” Gower said.

“All the accolades in the world don’t compare to a Premiership though.

“To win one with all my mates at the Tigers would be a dream come true because we have worked so hard for it.”

Gower beat out a host of prestigious talent including Hep Cahill (Storm), Samu Wara (North Sydney), Danny Williams (Bankstown City Bulls) and Ben McFadgean (Windsor).

http://www.tigers.org.au/news/296/93/Go ... 20Article/
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 2:24 pm

simonthetiger wrote:You have to give Cayless and Moops more time.Too early to tell with them.
I've started calling him Moops too - great minds. Or Seinfeld fans anyway.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 2:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:You have to give Cayless and Moops more time.Too early to tell with them.
I've started calling him Moops too - great minds. Or Seinfeld fans anyway.
It's Moors....If they need more time....Isn't it Called Reserve Grade?
Ivan's Laws

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 2:31 pm

Not unless you have other players who can come in and do a better job than them..at this stage of the season i dont think any of our rookies are quite there.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 2:43 pm

A small bench may be an advantage in the afternoon heat on Sunday, 29 and muggy does not sound like conditions for 110kg + men.
And, as 'the_scene' noted, the rookies just aren't there yet. great potential yeah, but give a little time.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 2:55 pm

See that's where it's great to have different opinions....

Gower and /or A Schirnack would offer the same 34mins of Cayless against Manly...

Allowing Cayless longer stint's on the field in State Cup...would get him up to speed sooner wouldn't it?

Anyhow I'm glad Sheens picked him on the Bench against his old Club....

Fire Up Jase....Rip in to them Rorters... :deadhorse:

they could've kept ya but they let ya go......not part of the 3 year cycle to buy a Premiership......
Ivan's Laws

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 4:09 pm

BRET wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Could not agree more. Another forward on the bench if Fitzy is called up. I think that Flanagan could fill in in the backline if needed. (Ellis certainly could and has done for Leeds). Who that forward might be is a matter of opinion. Andrew Fafita could be ok. But not, repeat not Gower. After watching the Newtown game last night he was very very ordinary. Overrated would be an understatement.
You could not be more wrong about the 2009 NSW Cup Most Valuable Player of the Year.

Most Valuable Player Award
Sep 24, 2009

Balmain Ryde’s David Gower has taken out the NSW Cup Most Valuable Player award at the New South Wales Rugby League annual presentation dinner tonight.

2009 has been an exceptional year for Gower who, in July, was selected in the NSW Residents team and won the Apprentice of the Year at the Central & Northern Sydney Regional Training Awards night. In September he made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in their round 26 victory over the Bulldogs and he is also highly regarded by Wests Tigers and Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens.

On Sunday Gower will take to Leichhardt Oval for the Tigers when they play the North Sydney Bears in the 2009 NSW Cup Preliminary Final. Gower has been inspirational for the Tigers in the final series and he says a premiership with Tigers would cap off a terrific year.

“To be named NSW Cup player of the year is a huge honour because there is some prestigious talent in this competition,” Gower said.

“All the accolades in the world don’t compare to a Premiership though.

“To win one with all my mates at the Tigers would be a dream come true because we have worked so hard for it.”

Gower beat out a host of prestigious talent including Hep Cahill (Storm), Samu Wara (North Sydney), Danny Williams (Bankstown City Bulls) and Ben McFadgean (Windsor).

http://www.tigers.org.au/news/296/93/Go ... 20Article/

Most valuable reserve grade player of 2009. This is March 2010, six months later. He is not good enough for first grade at this time.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 4:14 pm

A determination made from watching a 2 camera, fourty two minute edit of a 80 minute game? Ok :)

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 4:18 pm

smeghead wrote:A determination made from watching a 2 camera, fourty two minute edit of a 80 minute game? Ok :)

Yeah.....pretty rough call.

1st game and he isnt good enough????

alien

Post by alien » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 8:21 pm

prattenpark wrote:A small bench may be an advantage in the afternoon heat on Sunday, 29 and muggy does not sound like conditions for 110kg + men.
And, as 'the_scene' noted, the rookies just aren't there yet. great potential yeah, but give a little time.
It just means some of the forwards might need more of a rest which is why we should have 2 front rowers and 2 second rowers on the bench. We should anyway.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 8:35 pm

Geo. wrote:See that's where it's great to have different opinions....

Gower and /or A Schirnack would offer the same 34mins of Cayless against Manly...

Allowing Cayless longer stint's on the field in State Cup...would get him up to speed sooner wouldn't it?

Anyhow I'm glad Sheens picked him on the Bench against his old Club....

Fire Up Jase....Rip in to them Rorters... :deadhorse:

they could've kept ya but they let ya go......not part of the 3 year cycle to buy a Premiership......

My theory is to have last weeks bench play 80 minutes in the State Cup this week and bring in a new bench and see how they perform. Then rotate them again. Then after week 5 pick your best NRL bench.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:10 pm

Oh dear....... :lol: :lol:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:21 pm

Why ......at least it's constructive....

A bit like the rotation policy in cricket......never liked it

Outside the square ....don't see any other coach doing it but heeey might work.....

I think we should go down the Smith path by naming 6 players on the bench....keep everyone happy......
Ivan's Laws

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:36 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Oh dear....... :lol: :lol:
Hellooo Simon,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dai6CC5BA

So whats your favoured bench, Newman, I mean Simon . . . . :?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:01 am

I honestly don't see much value in dropping Cayless or Moors to state cup for game time's sake. Considering they're both on the bench anyways, their impact is going to be at the very least no more than what Shirnack or Gower would provide if given the same role. Sure they might play more minutes back a grade but in Cayless's case especially, he's expected to play a significant role both on and off the field for us and i still feel he'd offer more by just being there.