If we have the same bench we will lose

the_scene

Re: If we have the same bench we will lose

Post by the_scene » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:11 am

I dont know how this 'Bug' character gets away with criticising Sheens..First he names a team with numerous players out of position including Benji at centre and now he wants us to completley change our bench every week. IMO the bench showed potential, players like Cayless and Moors will improve by being tested against the best. Rookies may have all the potential in the world but they lack the experience and can ake crucial mistakes when they first come into grade...apart from the truly special ones, they need to be nursed into first grade not chucked intot he deep end.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 1:22 pm

the_scene wrote:I dont know how this 'Bug' character gets away with criticising Sheens..First he names a team with numerous players out of position including Benji at centre and now he wants us to completley change our bench every week. IMO the bench showed potential, players like Cayless and Moors will improve by being tested against the best. Rookies may have all the potential in the world but they lack the experience and can ake crucial mistakes when they first come into grade...apart from the truly special ones, they need to be nursed into first grade not chucked intot he deep end.

Look Scene, I name players in position buddy, Benji in the Centres can still be 2 receiver. He can receive the ball whenever he wants, it just gives him more space. It also give Lui a chance to play 5/8.

But that is what a forum is for, it is for discussion. Players like Cayless and Moors will improve, I agree. But players like Gower, Mataka and Fifita should be given a crack as well.

I have no doubt, once injuries set in that they will all get a good go. But Daniella or Brown?? I mean really ???
Corey Norman killed them for the Bronco's and how old is he?? 17-18??.

Rhys Pritchard in 23 years old mate. He is a GUN. He has more talent in him than any of the nlokes the Fonz is considering. Do you agree?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 1:35 pm

Biggest problem playing Benji at Centre would be the defensive like Bug

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 1:42 pm

Benji showed no defensive lapses last Monday night tackling blokes 20-30kgs heavier than himself..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 1:46 pm

Yes but that was defending with Lawrence inside him.

A Centres defensive work rate is higher and more difficult than a halves. Why drain him when it is not needed? He relishes in the role of chief playmaker

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:03 pm

smeghead wrote:Yes but that was defending with Lawrence inside him.

A Centres defensive work rate is higher and more difficult than a halves. Why drain him when it is not needed? He relishes in the role of chief playmaker
He can be chief playmaker.

The other night against Manly, Moltzen slotted into the halves, Lui was one wider than him and Benji was one wider than him.

We then carved up.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:06 pm

Not true Moltzen was playing second reciever on the right.....Benji on the left like always....Farah and Lui where the link men...

Benji only came to the right once and nearly split them

Thought this was about the bench....

What's the difference between a 5/8th and a second receiver BuG.....

I mean if Lui is playing 5/8th on the left and Benji in the centres...where is Lawrence?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:07 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:Benji showed no defensive lapses last Monday night tackling blokes 20-30kgs heavier than himself..

All people have issues tackling people 30KG s heavier
UTT - Up The Tigers

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:23 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:Benji showed no defensive lapses last Monday night tackling blokes 20-30kgs heavier than himself..

All people have issues tackling people 30KG s heavier
Alfie Langer didn't..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:25 pm

Agreed and you can throw Geoff Toovey in the mix with Langer

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:31 pm

Tripping people isnt Tackling...
UTT - Up The Tigers

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 3:39 pm

Alfie may have tripped in your opinion but unfortunately, the only opinion that counted at the time was the referee, match review committee and the governing body. They deemed Alfie's tackling style legal and that's the opinion that counts.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 5:06 pm

Geo. wrote:Not true Moltzen was playing second reciever on the right.....Benji on the left like always....Farah and Lui where the link men...

Benji only came to the right once and nearly split them

Thought this was about the bench....

What's the difference between a 5/8th and a second receiver BuG.....

I mean if Lui is playing 5/8th on the left and Benji in the centres...where is Lawrence?
Geo that would only be from a play the ball from near the right hand touchline mate. Tha is what I mean. When you are playing centre a side it is a different kettle of fish.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 5:22 pm

once the first interchange was made we went backward ....i wouldnt feed cayles and junior moors .......

alien

Post by alien » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:56 pm

Chris wrote:Alfie may have tripped in your opinion but unfortunately, the only opinion that counted at the time was the referee, match review committee and the governing body. They deemed Alfie's tackling style legal and that's the opinion that counts.
Just because his hands were also on them it doesn't mean it isn't tripping. I'm surprised they let him get away with it over and over again.