Dr Kuah

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5923
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Re: Dr Kuah

Post by Kul » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:26 pm

To be fair, they do have a point
It is happen at a frequency that is of concern

now I don't know if it's doctors fault, a fault with procedures being followed, a fault with the drugs being used or a fault with the players, but either way the issue has happened enough times and it should be investigated.

the funny thing is, i'm sure that's what's happening today at concord
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com


T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:34 pm

Frequency????

4 times in over 6 or 7 years he has been there.. and the 4 times its "HAPPENED" is all speculation... No one from the Club has come out and said it has happened due to FAULT.. no one from the players have whinged about it.. people only get their info from the papers and media outlets....You really think if he was negligent he would still be there, or have the papers gotten a hold of it. ??????????

T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:40 pm

people need to understand that if there is a need for an injection they obviously have an injury... IF the injection doesnt work, IT SIMPLY DOESNT WORK.... IF the body part where it is injected to goes numb that is useally from hitting a nerve... OR the body doesnt take to the injection with the injury at hand... ...

its not a simple fix and not a miracle cure....

We dont know if its happened at other clubs. they prob dont even know if its happened here.. WHO CARES ABOUT the injuries other clubs have... the news papers dont jump on things like this so its not spoken about... so how are u to know players from other clubs are not in the same boat....... Does CALVINs go through al the forums, or ring the respective clubs and ask every week, every year?

dont think so

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2911
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:44 pm

T-REXX wrote:Frequency????

4 times in over 6 or 7 years he has been there.. and the 4 times its "HAPPENED" is all speculation... No one from the Club has come out and said it has happened due to FAULT.. no one from the players have whinged about it.. people only get their info from the papers and media outlets....You really think if he was negligent he would still be there, or have the papers gotten a hold of it. ??????????
im mates with a players brother who last year was ruled out for a lot longer then he should have been after being put back on the field when he shoudnt have been.

the player blamed the person who sent him back out

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:46 pm

Wonder who that could be ....


User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:47 pm

Did said player want to go back on the field? Did he tell the doctor he was fine?

Not accusing just asking as a doctor can only make a call based on the information in front of him.
Image

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:51 pm

simonthetiger wrote: It is hysterical.

Someone turn the big light off so these pesky moths(cough cough) will fly away.
hehehe yeah i know who it is but i also thought he was 'alwaysownyou' but im not sure about that now.

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:53 pm

I've rarely known anyone to be `fine' after dislocating a kneecap
Even if it goes straight back in
And everyone knew at the time the kneecap dislocated

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:57 pm

Coming from you who were there obviously?
Image

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 2:59 pm

Kul wrote: the funny thing is, i'm sure that's what's happening today at concord
I wonder what will be investigated first:
- The needle that was as accurate as a John Morris grubber
- It happening for the 4th time in 3 seasons
- Not having a player on stand by for someone `ill' all week (their words not mine)
- The evasion settings of the defensive guru's flying fox that has had us tackling so well for 4 years
- Playing players out of position (again)
- The witches hat formation in the pregame warm up
- Trying to find more `reasons', but not `excuses' as to why we almost had 50 on us ... a feat not achieved by any side since the great Nick Graham, Jason Moodie and Chris paterson were turning out for us

I expect the head honchos have been bunkered down all day and will have resolved the issues by changing the cable on the flying fox and changing the colour of the witches hats to yellow

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:01 pm

I wasn't there when Junior did his ACL at Lang park either ... but even at 12 I knew he shouldn't, wouldn't or couldn't go back onto the field

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:03 pm

Calvins wrote:
Kul wrote: the funny thing is, i'm sure that's what's happening today at concord
I wonder what will be investigated first:
- The needle that was as accurate as a John Morris grubber
- It happening for the 4th time in 3 seasons
- Not having a player on stand by for someone `ill' all week (their words not mine)
- The evasion settings of the defensive guru's flying fox that has had us tackling so well for 4 years
- Playing players out of position (again)
- The witches hat formation in the pregame warm up
- Trying to find more `reasons', but not `excuses' as to why we almost had 50 on us ... a feat not achieved by any side since the great Nick Graham, Jason Moodie and Chris paterson were turning out for us

I expect the head honchos have been bunkered down all day and will have resolved the issues by changing the cable on the flying fox and changing the colour of the witches hats to yellow
That flying fox would have to be the worst inventions ever.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:06 pm

Calvins wrote:I wasn't there when Junior did his ACL at Lang park either ... but even at 12 I knew he shouldn't, wouldn't or couldn't go back onto the field

Did you know when you saw him come off that it was his ACL? Or was it just something speculated by the commentary team and confirmed by later press?

I would assume (yes I freely admit this is assumption) that even after a player is strapped after an injury that the player does a run through fitness test with the doctor. The player obviously told the doctor there was no pain etc and made his way back out there.
Image

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:07 pm

On the contrary it is a brilliant invention.
Royce used it on the Penrith squad when he was first grade coach there.
He got them some silverware on the back of the fox
Or at least some kitchenware ...

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:10 pm

smeghead wrote:
Calvins wrote:I wasn't there when Junior did his ACL at Lang park either ... but even at 12 I knew he shouldn't, wouldn't or couldn't go back onto the field

Did you know when you saw him come off that it was his ACL? Or was it just something speculated by the commentary team and confirmed by later press?

I would assume (yes I freely admit this is assumption) that even after a player is strapped after an injury that the player does a run through fitness test with the doctor. The player obviously told the doctor there was no pain etc and made his way back out there.
Not that it mattered last year .... we were so top heavy with barnstorming props we could afford to lose Big red for 10 weeks. I mean we could call on a player who had `retired', one with a worse than shocking attitude and one who makes 3m per (sideways hit up) and who was responsible for the single worst attacking set I have ever seen from a WT or Balmain side

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:11 pm

Calvins wrote:On the contrary it is a brilliant invention.
Royce used it on the Penrith squad when he was first grade coach there.
He got them some silverware on the back of the fox
Or at least some kitchenware ...
You raise a point...

How many wooden spoon recipients are there on our coaching staff?

I dare say Sheens picked up one or two at Penrith in his early days, Roycey certainly did, and let's not forget how bad the Cowboys were under Sheens...
MOTH and proud.

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:13 pm

Folkes got 2 as well didn't he ?
His last yr at Canterbury and the salary cap year ??

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9699
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:15 pm

An experienced doctor employed by half a dozen professional and/or elite sporting organisations put the needle in the wrong place?? Please... the level of debate on this forum is heading south fast.

Locked