Dr Kuah

Calvins

Re: Dr Kuah

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:18 pm

OK he didn't .. it's all made up and fabricated
That's why, when we had a player `ill all week' we were so prepared for him not to play we got someone out of the grandstand with borrowed boots
There's one born every minute


User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:An experienced doctor employed by half a dozen professional and/or elite sporting organisations put the needle in the wrong place?? Please... the level of debate on this forum is heading south fast.
So maybe Fulton injected himself then, did he?

IMO we could pay a junkie from the streets of Cabramatta $1.30 a week with a bucket of chips and a cold Chicken Schnitzel Roll from the canteen at Leichhardt Oval to administer our needles, they always find the right spot.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:22 pm

Calvins wrote:Folkes got 2 as well didn't he ?
His last yr at Canterbury and the salary cap year ??
Bit hard to blame him for the salary cap year, but yeah he got 2.
MOTH and proud.

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:23 pm

Thank god we have never been stripped 37 points ...
We'd be paying the penalty over 2 seasons

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:28 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
Yossarian wrote:An experienced doctor employed by half a dozen professional and/or elite sporting organisations put the needle in the wrong place?? Please... the level of debate on this forum is heading south fast.
So maybe Fulton injected himself then, did he?

IMO we could pay a junkie from the streets of Cabramatta $1.30 a week with a bucket of chips and a cold Chicken Schnitzel Roll from the canteen at Leichhardt Oval to administer our needles, they always find the right spot.
Well that sums up the level of discussion in this topic doesn't it? And the basic level of understanding some of you have when it comes to how injections of this type work. Stats I've read suggest the success rate is somewhere near 70%.

If running down a successful and well respected doctor floats your boat, good luck with that although what you are saying now is bordering on being defamatory. We're talking about the man's professional reputation here.


User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:31 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:
Yossarian wrote:An experienced doctor employed by half a dozen professional and/or elite sporting organisations put the needle in the wrong place?? Please... the level of debate on this forum is heading south fast.
So maybe Fulton injected himself then, did he?

IMO we could pay a junkie from the streets of Cabramatta $1.30 a week with a bucket of chips and a cold Chicken Schnitzel Roll from the canteen at Leichhardt Oval to administer our needles, they always find the right spot.
Well that sums up the level of discussion in this topic doesn't it? And the basic level of understanding some of you have when it comes to how injections of this type work. Stats I've read suggest the success rate is somewhere near 70%.

If running down a successful and well respected doctor floats your boat, good luck with that although what you are saying now is bordering on being defamatory. We're talking about the man's professional reputation here.
Umm, no it's not. I'm giving an option on a possible replacement. Hardly defamatory.
MOTH and proud.

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:39 pm

So the doctor can keep making mistakes, to the detriment of the team, to the point where we have to drag a player out of the stands, half way through his pie and coke, in 35 degree temps, the day after he had played a game and we can't ask questions ... OK comrade

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:42 pm

More spin from our esteemed coach:

“Liam had been crook all week,’’ Sheens said.

“He became ill and we just couldn’t risk playing him in the conditions. He wanted to play but he was crook during the warm up.”

Crook during the warm up ? He didn't warm up ? He was in the sheds, unable to walk when the injection went wrong

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:43 pm

What mistakes? There is no evidence to suggest he has done anything wrong. And it's not Kuah's fault that the replacement had to be taken from the stands to play. You've obviously got some agenda against Dr Kuah for reasons best known to yourself.

You're not asking questions you're accusing him of malpractice.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:45 pm

Calvins wrote:More spin from our esteemed coach:

“Liam had been crook all week,’’ Sheens said.

“He became ill and we just couldn’t risk playing him in the conditions. He wanted to play but he was crook during the warm up.”

Crook during the warm up ? He didn't warm up ? He was in the sheds, unable to walk when the injection went wrong
So you're right and Sheens is telling fibs and it's all a big cover-up?

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:45 pm

Calvins wrote:More spin from our esteemed coach:

“Liam had been crook all week,’’ Sheens said.

“He became ill and we just couldn’t risk playing him in the conditions. He wanted to play but he was crook during the warm up.”

Crook during the warm up ? He didn't warm up ? He was in the sheds, unable to walk when the injection went wrong
This is the key point for mine, they've told us he was sick all week with a virus but he didn't warm up and no one was on standby...so that is obviously not true.

Calvins

Post by Calvins » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:49 pm

Right so someone who was ill all week and was so in doubt wasn't covered by an extra sub ... by a coach with almost 600 games (albeit he has lost most of them, particularly in the last 15 years). I think it is patently obvious there is a cover up when the `facts' being stated make no sense whatsoever. I was at the ground with a mate who received a text from someone in the dressing room before kick off. Now add this into the fact that the application of simple logic wouldn't lend itself to the `facts' being spouted by the coach and the fact our doctor has form for this with Farah, Moltzen and KG and anyone can see what`really happened'

User avatar
Craegus
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW, Australia

Post by Craegus » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 3:57 pm

Ok, I have read this entire thread and I really think this is way overblown.

The facts stated are:

The needle was for his sternum injury
The needle went in the calf
Fulton couldn't then walk

Let’s look at these statements:

The needle was for his sternum injury

This is in no doubt, we all saw the battering that Liam got against Manly

The needle went in the calf

This is the part I would debate, either the location was wrongly mentioned as the thigh might be the actual location (as pain killing injections are given here as there is more blood flow in the buttock/thigh region so uptake of the pain killer is faster).

Or

Fulton had a leg injury that we did not know about.

Fulton couldn't then walk

It is most likely Liam had a reaction to the pain killer, which does happen from time to time.

So,

Did something happen to Fulton before the game? Probably

Have similar things happened in recent years? Yes

But as several people have said people react to injections differently, so what might work for one may not work for another or may even have a negative effect.

Should Keith have gone back on last year after dislocating his knee? Probably not, but from my experience of dislocating my knee (and having it go straight back in) it hurts like hell, but it is hard to determine if there is any damage unless it is catastrophic (as the knee won't swell or have any visual or physical evidence until a scan is completed). So if Keith wanted to go back on (which I cannot say if he did or not, but most players do not want to just sit on the sidelines) and nothing could be detected through initial examination then there is a 50/50 call to be made. And in all honesty would you say no to Keith if he was fired up an wanted to get back out there if there was a possibility that there was nothing wrong?

As for Tim, Robbie and Liam, as I said before people can have different reactions to the exact same procedure/medication, it could simply be that these guys reacted differently to the injections than what everyone else does, or even that it was just a one off and they simply had a reaction on that specific day (it does happen).

Am I a medical specialist? No, but I have seen and experienced a hell of a lot through a member of my families health issues so I have seen similar things happen (just not in a sporting sense).

And though we don’t hear about it I am sure this happens at all clubs.

I am not saying that Dr. Kuah is not at fault but with the amount of sporting organisations that hire him and their opinion of him I would give him the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

And if the club wants to go with the line “Liam was ill all week” then it is their prerogative.

It was one loss to a team that has been playing well and handled the conditions better than we did.

So, let it go people, these things happen, there are still 22 rounds to be played and you cannot win or lose a premiership in the first month.
Image

Brooksy19

Post by Brooksy19 » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:04 pm

But Kul, Why does the club or Tim Sheens fell that they have to lie to us.

It's obvious to all and sundry that it was a mishap (i.e needle) taht kept him from playing... If he was carrying an injury and was under any doubt at all, why was there NO standby player ? Absolutely inexcusable.

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:05 pm

Its a tiresome thread this one. Most people who are out in defense of Kuah are overlooking the main point and labelling us hysterical or sore losers.

If there was a needle why shy away from saying so. Thats my issue, not how many times needles go wrong or how many needles go right. If it was one of those things where there was an element of risk, then why not say we tried to needle him up and it had no effect.

Whilst ever they beat around the bush about Liam being sick all week without carrying a standby player then my assumption is they are diverting the truth........why?

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:23 pm

Tooth,

I made it clear I dont care whether a needle was involved or not. Neither you nor the grommit who started this post know anything about medicine.

The post is highly defamatory and makes allegations without any facts to support it.
Last edited by southerntiger on Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Bwahaha....so depending on who says what determines your judgement....dont let bias cloud you, its as dangerous as assumptions.
Not at all. I actually respect you Ink. This time you associated yourself with a nutter (calvin). I based this on what he wrote, so clearly no bias involved.

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 4:37 pm

southerntiger wrote:Tooth,

I made it clear I dont care whether a needle was involved or not. Neither you nor the grommit who started this post know anything about medicine.

The post is highly defamatory and makes allegations without any facts to support it.
For all you know they could have reams of files at home regarding their post.

You too are also being highly defamatory and making allegations without knowing what information they have at their disposal.
MOTH and proud.

Locked