And thats why.....

NJLM78

Re: And thats why.....

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:18 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Who wrote this? Your a peanut!!! While many players didnt put in yesterday, there was alot of variables that contributed to this poor result.

I think you need to look closer at our key players. Farah was average, Benji took too many risks at the wrong time (but this what makes him so good), Lui busted his ankle in the 7th minute, Ellis couldnt run and Moltzen is still learning to be a fullback. If these boys dont put in and lead this team around the park, we will be on the end of many more defeats like yesterday.

Dont bag the players if you dont know what direction they have recieved from the coach. Maybe Moors, Flanagan & Fitzy did everything at 100% as instructed by the boss. Time will tell if they are in the team next week, and if they are, well they probably did everything right!!!
I assume that first comment was directed at me?? Sorry for being a passionate supporter and actually wanting the team to do well and for feeling disappointed when they don't. Next time they lose (and I hope that is a way off) I will drag out every excuse as well to help me feel better about it.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:23 pm

Kaiser wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:Sure it was hot and there were players out. However we normally seem to play round 2 in Townsville. No its not season over because you lose one game. I don't think anyone is expecting the team to win every game. But we need every competition point we can get. It was a bad day at the office but conceding 44 points to the team that finished 16th last year might be a concern. I don't want another year when we need to win 4 out of our last 5 to make 8th place. I can understand the point Spaceman is making.
You are kidding!

Ok... We conceded 44pts.. correct. They also conceded 32! On a day like that... defence is always going to go missing. On 3 occassions in the second half we gave up cheap possession when we looked like scoring a few plays later. This lead to 2 of their tries aswell!!

Mix that up with 2 late ommissions from the side and I'm not sure what people expect sometimes.... I'm not saying we were unlucky... you make your own luck and own left side defence was disgusting and our fullback played terrible!

But to start saying "We can't win the comp" after this game is pathetic!

Sorry, where did I say we can't win the comp? I hope we do as I have an investment on us doing so. And no I wouldn't write that if I was kidding.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:38 am

It was directed at the original post mate....
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:39 pm

Kaiser wrote:It was directed at the original post mate....

I thought it was for me as it came with my post.
My Apolgies. Cheers.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:55 pm

I don't see how we can blame it on last minute injuries etc when we still put 32 points on the board, and when the other team played in the same stifling conditions.

Sure Farah & Moltzen had an off day and alot of the boys were delivering rocks and diamonds, but the reality is it was only one game that we have lost out of two. I could understand the criticisms if we had lost both games.

The answer to the problem is simple based on the last two games which the exact same thing happened: We have to stop going missing (both mentally and physically) in the middle 40 of the match. If we play the middle 40 like the first and last 20, we'd flog any team on their day. It will be interesting to see what Folkesy and Sheens do about it.

The only difference between the match against Manly and Roosters was the rate and intensity of which points were scored against us which determined the outcome of the match.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...