Flanagan

Marshall_magic

Re: Flanagan

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 11:25 pm

I like him already. Was given a chance to step up today, and he took it with both hands. Full credit to the bloke, played really well after being shifted at the last minute.

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:29 am

Agree with a lot of the above. He played well in tough conditions and showed us what he's made of. True, he isn't massive and he did play the Liam Fulton role, so I'd be much happier for him to fill the obligatory 'utility' role on the bench.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:35 am

G. Strombolli wrote:Agree with a lot of the above. He played well in tough conditions and showed us what he's made of. True, he isn't massive and he did play the Liam Fulton role, so I'd be much happier for him to fill the obligatory 'utility' role on the bench.
Completely agree with what you've said... He was very solid out there and was easily the best forward on the day.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:08 am

IMO he's showing a lot of promise but i don't think he's ready for 1st grade
I don't think he's up to the speed of the game but given time he could be a very good interchange player

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:18 am

He showed a crisp enough passing game and enough agility to convince me I want him in the 14 jersey this year as a utility if we have to carry one

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:27 am

Kaiser wrote:
G. Strombolli wrote:Agree with a lot of the above. He played well in tough conditions and showed us what he's made of. True, he isn't massive and he did play the Liam Fulton role, so I'd be much happier for him to fill the obligatory 'utility' role on the bench.
Completely agree with what you've said... He was very solid out there and was easily the best forward on the day.

until fafita came on the field.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:51 pm

Impressive game from Flanagan. He did well.
MOTH and proud.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:57 pm

I was concerned when Liam was ruled out but he did a good job out there. Credit to him. Showed enough to believe he'll make it in the nrl over time.

The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 6:49 am

Just read that he won the players' player award.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:16 am

a nice pass he gave tuqiri the other day ( vs roosters)
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 29 Mar, 2010 8:19 am

good to see him back up last week with another solid display.
hope he keeps on going and doesn't hit a brick wall in a month or so.

looks to be an upgrade over halatau and may have cost less.

ClockworkCarrot

Post by ClockworkCarrot » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 2:45 am

bonstonker wrote:
I believe his dad is underwriting his stay in Oz so I should think he's costing your club considerably less than anybody else in the first grade squad. Basically your paying him peanuts, but he wanted a crack at Oz and his dad's money has helped make it happen.

It's great to see it working out for him though. A very talented player who didn't get the opportunities he deserved at Wigan because of Brian Noble's preference for anybody, no matter what the quality, with an Aussie passport.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 8:57 pm

ClockworkCarrot wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
I believe his dad is underwriting his stay in Oz so I should think he's costing your club considerably less than anybody else in the first grade squad. Basically your paying him peanuts, but he wanted a crack at Oz and his dad's money has helped make it happen.

It's great to see it working out for him though. A very talented player who didn't get the opportunities he deserved at Wigan because of Brian Noble's preference for anybody, no matter what the quality, with an Aussie passport.
Thanks for the heads up Clockwork - we have been there done that with young stars being overlooked for old plodders - i think we will have to up the ante to keep this kid.

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:59 pm

Mark is going great guns....if he keeps going at this rate and if the club sees him as part of the future of the club we will need to table and close a deal in the near future or we may lose him to a rival NRL club.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ClockworkCarrot

Post by ClockworkCarrot » Wed 31 Mar, 2010 4:47 am

Whilst you may be right about re-negotiating his contract, I wouldn't take it as a given that Mark will be pushing for this. If his dad is anything to go by he wont be your run of the mill footballer always looking for a better pay day at the expense maybe of actually furthering his rugby career. If Mark has inherited any of his dad's genes (and he clearly has on the rugby field) not only will he be an intelligent ball handling forward but he we also be intelligent off the field. I'm sure financially he wont want the mickey taking but I'm also sure he'll want to do what's best for his career.

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Wed 31 Mar, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for the insight. To be honest I never did see his dad play and I know it was with his help that he is with the Tigers. If he continues as he is he will no doubt be something special. I am sure that all his fans, even his biggest fans "His Family" wish him the very best in his career, and hope that he realises all his goals. But would like him to be playing for Wests Tigers at the peak of his career. I know that this year in the NRL will help develop him into a player where he will be in high demand here and at home. Fingers crossed he continues to excel in this game and that he stays at the Tigers beyond 2010.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.