Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 65

hybrid_tiger

Moltzen

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:24 pm

I'd like to know how many people in here think he should remain at fullback?

A simple yes or no answer. Yes, he should remain at fullback, no he should never play fullback again.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:24 pm

yes

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:31 pm

He can play the position but I think we need him at half. Tiquri to fullback and Fitzhenry can keep the wing spot warm till Tuiaki is back.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:32 pm

i dont think these are ever simple answers Hybrid.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:34 pm

No...after just watching the reply.....

Iv'e changed my mind.....

Lortay for fullback....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:37 pm

He is a liability. Positional play is very ordinary. Not showing enough courage or conviction is attacking the ball and getting our sets started. Ive always though he was a liability at fullback and it is showing

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:40 pm

I said Yes, Hes too good for the bench or reserve grade although wasnt today and I am liking Lui more and more i watch him

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:42 pm

Eddie wrote:He is a liability. Positional play is very ordinary. Not showing enough courage or conviction is attacking the ball and getting our sets started. Ive always though he was a liability at fullback and it is showing
Some of his efforts in defence were an absolute disgrace, if you go out there you have to put your body on the line and he just doesn't do it.

That's a real shame to say as I'm questioning his effort, but it has to be said. He needs to harden up, drink some concrete.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:48 pm

I agree.I don't want to say he is soft. However to be a fullback you need courage in running the ball back and being the last line in defence. He is way too timid.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:58 pm

My issue with this question is this.

I agree that Moltzen needs to be in the team. The question is where. Unlike others I dont think he is a genuine halfback. I can understand why Sheens has tried to develop him into a fullback because a lot of his skillset suits that position. I also like the idea of, in 12 months time, having a fully developed Lui playing alongside Farah and Marshall in the halves.

HOWEVER, it seems (I havent seen the game) that the experiment of Moltz at fullback simply isnt working. As he should be in the team this probably means Lui should go to the bench or back to Reggies. If we are going to have a utility on the bench I would definitely prefer Lui over Fitzy.

This being said, Moltz needs to step up regardless of where he is playing. A lot of his problems over the past two weeks have been a lack of commitment - both in attack and defence. This is going to be a problem in the number 1 or 7 jumper.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:08 pm

southerntiger wrote:My issue with this question is this.

I agree that Moltzen needs to be in the team. The question is where. Unlike others I dont think he is a genuine halfback. I can understand why Sheens has tried to develop him into a fullback because a lot of his skillset suits that position. I also like the idea of, in 12 months time, having a fully developed Lui playing alongside Farah and Marshall in the halves.

HOWEVER, it seems (I havent seen the game) that the experiment of Moltz at fullback simply isnt working. As he should be in the team this probably means Lui should go to the bench or back to Reggies. If we are going to have a utility on the bench I would definitely prefer Lui over Fitzy.

This being said, Moltz needs to step up regardless of where he is playing. weeks have beenA lot of his problems over the past two a lack of commitment - both in attack and defence. This is going to be a problem in the number 1 or 7 jumper.

Not true....when he is up in the front line he is dominating. He is like jeckle and hyde with those positions.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:11 pm

I think we are a diferent team when Moltz is at seven.

We tried something.

It hasnt worked.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:13 pm

stryker wrote:

Not true....when he is up in the front line he is dominating. He is like jeckle and hyde with those positions.
We will have to disgaree on this one mate. My video analysis yesterday confirmed my opinion that Moltz is far from a genuine HB. That being said, he is a good footy player and we need him in the side. He doesnt appear to have the overall game for fullback. Time to shift him to the 7.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:15 pm

While he did some bad things....He aslo did some good...

Looks much more comfortable in the front line......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:20 pm

Voted no, excellent player, but FB just isn't his spot at the moment, maybe in the future who knows, but not right now. The decision could be made anyway if Lui is out injured for next week, in theory, you'd think Moltzen would just slot into the half back spot, then it's just a matter of bringing in a full back. There was talk about Lote going there.... might work. I'm concerned that if things don't work out well initially, that changes won't happen until it's too late.

Mind you, the game probably would have been different if Gibbs and Fulton weren't pulled out the night before the game and then just before kick off.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:22 pm

Geo. wrote:While he did some bad things....He aslo did some good...

Looks much more comfortable in the front line......
I would agree with this. In the 7 is definitely the right decision based on current form.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:40 pm

Does anyone think he looks really nervous at fullback? From my recollection last year, he used to have pretty safe hands around the ball, but he has dropped a few doozies in the last few games. 3 or 4 bombs last week and then a few fumbles today, one which they scored off.

That, and he really doesn't like to run at the defense.

Any ideas what it could be? Fear of his head getting injured? or maybe he has dropped some confidence after Sheens picking Lui over him at half?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:45 pm

southerntiger wrote:
stryker wrote:

We will have to disgaree on this one mate. My video analysis yesterday confirmed my opinion that Moltz is far from a genuine HB. That being said, he is a good footy player and we need him in the side. He doesnt appear to have the overall game for fullback. Time to shift him to the 7.
what is your definition of a genuine halfback?