My views on todays game

ron burgandy

My views on todays game

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:33 pm

first off it wasnt gonna be easy losing gibbs and fulton on game day they are 2 guys who play alot of minutes and possible ruined the rotation.

Ill disipline to many penalties and in those conditions we were always gonna pay the cost.

lui at 7 isnt working offensively and defensively hes to gun shy in both departments

fitzy today had the chance to step up with 2 rookies inside him and he came up with 2 poor decisions that cost tries also his positional play was below acceptable, very poor lack of communication was also a reason we leaked so many points down that side

lawrence threw it back to 07 with some of his defence today, but it was his first bad game defensively since mid 08 so that forgivable

fafita was very good in debut very damaging prop he should get a spot on the bench for the rest of the season

moors played well especially in a role he isnt acustom too, i thought he held his own and was one of our best

moltzen is out of his depth at FB he has to be moved to the halfback role, he looks better there and so does the team when hes there

all in all it was a pretty bad display today, can we right it off to the conditions? maybe. the score board said we lost by 12 but dont let that fool you we copped a butt whoopin today
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:36 pm

Seems like a good summary of today's game. We were really flogged but as a positive - maybe those last few tries will help us in for and against later in the year.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:39 pm

Notice...... no mention of Farah who for a leader failed miserably.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:40 pm

Geo. wrote:Notice...... no mention of Farah who for a leader failed miserably.....
I love Robbie - but is there another team who makes a consistent habit of getting a penalty and failing to find touch?

I mean really, that's just U7s stuff - yet year after year we are complaining about the same problems.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:42 pm

Geo. wrote:Notice...... no mention of Farah who for a leader failed miserably.....
sorry robbie didnt get 3 try assists 4 LB assists and a try so that must mean he had a terrible game, im not gonna bag him for an average game that most other teams would kill for from their hooker, he cant ALWAYS make up for other under performing players

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:44 pm

Farah was in everything early. I remember thinking he would again be the difference between the teams again today. But yeah he didn't offer much after that. Very unlike him. But he will return to his winning ways next week.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:47 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
Farah was in everything early. I remember thinking he would again be the difference between the teams again today. But yeah he didn't offer much after that. Very unlike him. But he will return to his winning ways next week.

i think its time others start stepping up and not relying on robbie so much, he cant do everything.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:52 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:

i think its time others start stepping up and not relying on robbie so much, he cant do everything.
Look I love Robbie but the simple fact is that he hasn't been stepping up in a while. It isn't like it is simply the two games this season.

Now he is close to getting there but personally I'd like to see him simply focus on getting out of dummy half and giving good service to the forwards. He could help us own that ruck.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:53 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
sorry robbie didnt get 3 try assists 4 LB assists and a try so that must mean he had a terrible game, im not gonna bag him for an average game that most other teams would kill for from their hooker, he cant ALWAYS make up for other under performing players
What are you on about??? He was bloody aweful today I noticed two line breaks where the players ran straight past him and he bearly even tried to make the tackle - looked like he couldn't have cared less.

His passing was terrible, his kicks were as well, he always picked the wrong times to have a scoot, when he did run the ball he ran straight across field and then delivered hospitals to his runners.

Fair dinkum his game was 3/10 today....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:54 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
I love Farah to....but anyone thinking he wasn't largely responsible for the loss is kidding themselves....

Ron.... unlike others I don't expect those amazing stats every week...what I do expect from your elite player is to find touch from a penalty, not arm Grab in defence and better service from dummy half for someone of his class....

Yes.... Lawrence missed a tackle that led to a try....have a look who was the first to miss him
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:55 pm

We were left flagging in the heat. Farah not finding touch and then throwing an interceptt, both at 12-0 was criminal. The momentum shift went their way and we never got it back. Not that we helped our cause, however on a stinking day we lostthe flow of possession and were always going to suffer.

Few late injuries, a hot day and a quick turn around from Manly are some "reasons not excuses" for Sheens to use. Be interesting to see if we can turn it around in 4 days time. I don't want to hang them on todays effort however it wasn't great.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:58 pm

WOw......I love Robbie,one of my fave players of all time.

And I reckon for all the times he has won us games he deserves a shocker or two.

Well he had it today.He looked like he was ON early.....but his grabbing defense cost us today.

Cant believe his lack of intesity in defense.....and that kick when we were 12-0.

Ouch.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:02 pm

@ tiger05

robbie was second in the dally Ms last year and smashed smith friend and ennis in all statistics, it wasnt even close, to say he hasnt been stepping up is dumb, i can count on one hand the amount of games robbie had a "shocker" in the last 4 years, he wasnt great today but he was hardly inept either.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:14 pm

Robbie was done on his best but he wasn't alone. Sometime teams just don't play well. And today was one of them. Hopefully they are up for next week.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:16 pm

Eddie wrote:We were left flagging in the heat. Farah not finding touch and then throwing an interceptt, both at 12-0 was criminal. The momentum shift went their way and we never got it back. Not that we helped our cause, however on a stinking day we lostthe flow of possession and were always going to suffer.

Few late injuries, a hot day and a quick turn around from Manly are some "reasons not excuses" for Sheens to use. Be interesting to see if we can turn it around in 4 days time. I don't want to hang them on todays effort however it wasn't great.
Sounds like a fair assessment Eddie.

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:17 pm

Im not going to neck myself yet.

See you at the game on Friday night

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:19 pm

ron burgandy wrote:@ tiger05

robbie was second in the dally Ms last year and smashed smith friend and ennis in all statistics, it wasnt even close, to say he hasnt been stepping up is dumb, i can count on one hand the amount of games robbie had a "shocker" in the last 4 years, he wasnt great today but he was hardly inept either.
I know that this is the case but the stats are misleading. Did you see the way he played in Origin - he was terrible.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:40 am

Robbie did some great things but seemed to run out of gas then made mistakses.
Looking at his long term form perhaps the question shoudl be "Has Robbie's career peaked?"