Today proved one thing

TIGER

Today proved one thing

Post by TIGER » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:17 pm

Nothing has changed.

# We are the weakest team in the NRL physically and mentally.
# Mark my words from what i've seen so far and i know it's only round two but WE WILL NOT MAKE THE 8 THIS YEAR.
# We just can't compete when we don't have the ball.
# We make the dumbest mistakes in the game.
# Yes we can score points but we can also leek points worse than any other side.
# We would win the comp if we get 70% of possession every week but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.

Buckle up for another up and down frustrating year where we look unstoppable one week and utter utter garbage the next.
I need a another beer.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:29 pm

im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt with the heat and fulton and gibbs late withdrawls it seemed our day was doomed.

we didnt show up defensively for sure and giving away dumb penatlies added to the fatigue in the conditions.

we only had 30% of the ball from the 18th minute to the 60th minute and you will always struggle with those numbers going against you.

friday night will be interesting because the eels have struggled to score points big time and today they got hella luky with 2 tries that shouldnt have been, if we put in a good defensive effort and get the win against the eels ill be more confident today was just a hiccup
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

willow

Post by willow » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:33 pm

Round 2 and 1 loss it all it took for the doomsdayers to come out. The Tigers were far from their best today and have a whole lot of improvement left in them. They were missing 4 regulars today and two players who are normally very reliable in defence in Farah and Ayshford came up with 8 missed tackles between them, 4 of which led to tries.

If the Tigers play like this for half the season I'll be worried, but it's only round 2 and hardly the end of the world, let alone season.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:39 pm

:lol: -------------> Manly, Dogs, Souths, Sharks 0.....

Proves some supporters really should find a better team---------> Melboune Storm perhaps....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:42 pm

just too many injuries. that manly game obviously took a lot out of us.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:51 pm

I watched the 2005 highlights DVD this week and one thing that really stood out was that in almost every game, win or loss, we scored at least 26-28 points.

If you are scoring points you should be ok.

The Roosters are playing good football and their form shouldn't be discounted.

In saying that I still don't think we are giving ourselves the best opportunity to win with some of the selections.

Moltzen simply isn't a fullback, it's nice having a number one that can take a place in your attack (which he can) but he just isn't a fullback.

Lui needs more time in the lower grades but I believe will come good in time.

I think Fulton needs to be on the bench along with three big forwards.

I would run a big forward alongside Ellis in the second row with Heighnington at lock.

Not the end of the world, but certainly familiar territory for this team.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:55 pm

its only round 2 people are stressing out a little too much too early. the extreme heat, the missing players (ryan, fulton, gibbs, tuiaki and payten) it could of been worse. we will lose lui due to injury and ellis for the trip so we are still not going to be full strength for sometime.

the rorters are a completely different side this year, been impressed with what theyve done thus far. cant take too much away from them they played most of the 80mins we played the first and last 20.

badger

Post by badger » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:01 pm

Good thing Tiger's not a Parra supporter or he may have had them all hung drawn and quartered by mid season last year

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey i'm not stressing out i'm just pointing out the fact that nothing has changed with this team.
And making an early call that we will again not make the 8 thats all.
It's my opinion and i'll refer to it at the end of the season, hopefully i'm wrong but i haven't been for the last three years.
Keep making excuses though it was hot etc.
We can't defend fullstop, we haven't been able to defend for some time now this year is no different, teams that can't defend don't make the top 4 and don't win premierships. How more clear does it have to be? What players have we got this year that will drastically improve our pathetic defense?
We only want to play when we have the ball, we're like the Panthers they won't make the 8 either.

Tigerstripes

Post by Tigerstripes » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:57 pm

You are absolutely correct - it's the same old story.

But it's easily fixed by doing three simple things

#1 - Play a fullback at fullback & a halfback at halfback
Is Molzten in the same league as Brett Hodgson? Can you see him ever developing into the same class as Hodgson? He doesnt chime into the attack, no positioning, can't catch etc etc. Not his fault - he is a halfback

#2 - Have two big second rowers and a metre eating prop
We have a few decent forwards. We need more. Fulton is too light.

#3 - Have four forwards on the bench
Which coach in their right mind plays wingers on the bench to give play them for 10 minutes at the end? This ploy is so stupid it beggars belief. Get four big forwards on the bench and rotate them. We have enough speed and creativity on the park in the starting 13.

Sheens won't do any of the above though.

- He has shown a penchant for playing people out of position (Fitzhenry at 6, Marshall at 7, Morris at 7, Moltzen at 1). It usually takes him about 2 years to figure this out, if ever

- For some reason, Sheens is in love with small skinny backrowers

- And lastly, he thinks playing wingers on the bench is a masterstroke.

So yes - nothing will change. On the positive side, if we fail tio make the 8 again this year, he has to go

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm

Mentally weak teams don't come back from 20 points to 4 down.

We'd lost the game before we went out; Manly bashed the bejezus out of us. Fairly obvious from the unexplained withdrawals of Gibbs & Fulton.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 10:33 pm

I agree with everything Tigerstripes has stated.

1. Get some good go forward throughout the game. Forwards who hurt the opposition. We have them - Galloway, Fifiita, Schirnack, Ellis, Heighno etc. Gibbs is a good player. Fulton can play but only if we get a bunch of forwards who run hard.

2. Fix fullback - I'd play Tuqiri there.

3. Play Moltzen and Benji in the halves.

4. Pray Robbie finds his mojo. You can help him out there by giving him a clearly defined role. Play at dummy half. Get the forwards rolling through the ruck. Run it and make a bust when you can. Take the kick when it is on. Get the ball to Marshall and Moltzen early.

We have a good squad and we can win the comp. Sheens has to bite the bullet and fix the key positions as well as play the forwards who have mongrel.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:30 am

Your all missing the point which is WE CAN'T DEFEND!!!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:33 am

TIGER wrote:Your all missing the point which is WE CAN'T DEFEND!!!
It was 36 degrees for gods sake! We lost our starting lock and prop before kick off who are both very strong in defence. Did you watch the Manly game? Our right side looked woeful in defence though and that IS a concern for me...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:46 am

Round two,heat wave,turn around from Monday night,last minute injuries, two very dumb plays when your up by 12. Iam not too worried, the wheels fell off big time and our defense was exposed but that was a combination of fatigue and lack of possession.
Friday night could be also a tough night on the back of injuries and fatigue. To play three matches in 12 days at this time of the season is a big big ask

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:49 am

Kaiser wrote:
It was 36 degrees for gods sake! We lost our starting lock and prop before kick off who are both very strong in defence. Did you watch the Manly game? Our right side looked woeful in defence though and that IS a concern for me...
It was 36 degrees for the Roosters to.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:06 am

TIGER wrote:Nothing has changed.

# We are the weakest team in the NRL physically and mentally.
# Mark my words from what i've seen so far and i know it's only round two but WE WILL NOT MAKE THE 8 THIS YEAR.
# We just can't compete when we don't have the ball.
# We make the dumbest mistakes in the game.
# Yes we can score points but we can also leek points worse than any other side.
# We would win the comp if we get 70% of possession every week but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.

Buckle up for another up and down frustrating year where we look unstoppable one week and utter utter garbage the next.
I need a another beer.
A bit of an over reaction at this stage of the comp.We didn't have the greatest of preparations.The only thing Sunday proved is that Moltzen is not our best fullback option & Lui is not our best 1/2 back option

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:28 am

TIGER wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
It was 36 degrees for the Roosters to.
Yes heard Smith on the radio this morning saying .......conceding 32 points in a game wont win you too many and that the side was effected by the heat.......

We can defend....they just didn't yesterday.....Lasting memory from the game is Big Lopina Paea strolling through Cayless and Farah like they weren't there.......and big Sauce and Heighington's effort stop Guerra's second try....and they are spose to be our better defenders...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile