Today proved one thing

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Re: Today proved one thing

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:48 am

TIGER wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
TIGER wrote:Your all missing the point which is WE CAN'T DEFEND!!!
It was 36 degrees for gods sake! We lost our starting lock and prop before kick off who are both very strong in defence. Did you watch the Manly game? Our right side looked woeful in defence though and that IS a concern for me...
It was 36 degrees for the Roosters to.
I was waiting for this dumb comment...

That's why we put 32pts on them....
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 6:36 pm

lets just put it down to one of those games hey.

if we bounce back against parra round 2 will soon be forgotten
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:34 pm

ron burgandy wrote:lets just put it down to one of those games hey.

That's about the most sensible post I've read since Sunday morning. :sign:

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:41 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:lets just put it down to one of those games hey.

That's about the most sensible post I've read since Sunday morning. :sign:
I dont think parra will come off that last half against manly like we did. They have a roll on. Hope they only play 40 mins next week, and we play for 1 min more
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:17 am

or maybe the folkes hype was just that.

after all the hype about the mental toughness folkes was bringing i sure didn't see it.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:25 am

Last year we beat the raiders on Mon night, then went up to Townsville in stinking heat and lost badly. Did we win the next one? I remember I was pretty disappointed in round two last year but attributed it to heat and short turnaround. I think we are a better team than last year, Marshall is better, and Farah won't play that poorly again. I think we'll Parra a real shake on Friday.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:49 pm

bonstonker wrote:or maybe the folkes hype was just that.

after all the hype about the mental toughness folkes was bringing i sure didn't see it.
Yeah, fitness, grit, mental toughness etc etc ... we have it for 20 mins a game so far - about the same as last year. Really hope to see it more on Friday

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:31 am

So what do we do check to see what the temp is gonna be and if it's too hot for the Tigers put our money on the other team. Some of the pathetic excuses that people come up with. Too hot, Too cold, Too wet, Sheens playing people out of position, our bench, such and such a player was out,etc etc.
How about this for a reason we rarely play for 80 mins we play good in patches usually when we control the ball and dominate possession for long periods and hopefully when we do dominate possession we score a few points which usually wins us the game or at least makes the scoreboard look like it was a close game when in actual fact we were ordinary for most part.
Teams know if they can weather the storm without leaking too many points then the points will come there way when momentum swings.
Like gus said it looks like we only want to play when we have the ball and things are going our way.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:14 pm

Not pathetic excuses Tiger it's called support which is what the club and players need. It's all very easy to jump up and down when we win but it's when we lose that the REAL supporters show their colours. Jumping ship and saying "i told you so" is far too easy.

I just don't understand if you ar so sure it's going to be bad news why bother at all? Why not go and follow the Storm or the Dragons? Maybe the Bunnies will have you as they are giving away memebrships apparently.

tigersnumberone

Post by tigersnumberone » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:50 pm

One good performance, one bad performance.

Parra are just in the same boat as us at the moment.

There is no reason we cant bounce back and beat them on friday night. We have the talent.

Its that simple.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 1:21 pm

One place where we def look the good against Parra is the 6/7.

Robson,Mortimer v Bunji and Moltzen.

I like that a lot.

The player that worries me is Mateo,he has been quiet this year and loves the offloads.

We have to get numbers in on him,same Liam isnt there but I expect our boys to swarm all over him.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 5:12 pm

sorry mate but playing in those temperatures can effect you no matter what type of training you do, especially in round 2 where most players still dont have their legs under them yet, bottom line was we gave away to many penalties and dropped to much ball from the 20th minute to the 60th minute, when we cut those penaties out and held the ball you saw what we could do, if we had another 15 mins we would of ran over the top of them.

the positive i seen in the first 2 weeks is we have finished off the game in the last 20 mins, that proves the fitnness is there its that middle part of the game when our bench comes on that we seem weak.
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 2:31 pm

ron burgandy wrote:

sorry mate but playing in those temperatures can effect you no matter what type of training you do, especially in round 2 where most players still dont have their legs under them yet, bottom line was we gave away to many penalties and dropped to much ball from the 20th minute to the 60th minute, when we cut those penaties out and held the ball you saw what we could do, if we had another 15 mins we would of ran over the top of them.

the positive i seen in the first 2 weeks is we have finished off the game in the last 20 mins, that proves the fitnness is there its that middle part of the game when our bench comes on that we seem weak.
that middle part of the game where farah gave the ball away twice,moltzen gave it away twice and benji gave up points.
the kick by farah and the pass by moltzen were pure mental mistakes.not sure what reason to give for the blunder on his goaline.
the type of mistakes we heard would become less frequent because of the folkes training towards mental toughness.

hearing farah talk once again about the players hanging their head after a try is scored against us shows nothing has changed yet.
and those were the conditions to see a change.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 28 Mar, 2010 2:32 pm

TIGER wrote:Nothing has changed.

# We are the weakest team in the NRL physically and mentally.
# Mark my words from what i've seen so far and i know it's only round two but WE WILL NOT MAKE THE 8 THIS YEAR.
# We just can't compete when we don't have the ball.
# We make the dumbest mistakes in the game.
# Yes we can score points but we can also leek points worse than any other side.
# We would win the comp if we get 70% of possession every week but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.

Buckle up for another up and down frustrating year where we look unstoppable one week and utter utter garbage the next.
I need a another beer.
TIGER, understand your posts last week, but hope you have come around.