Benji - The Messiah

ron burgandy

Re: Benji - The Messiah

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:24 pm

Icon wrote:Alwaysownyou,
I only post occasionally, but i do read most of the stuff that's written on this forum, and you would have to be the most negative person, along with a couple of your mates i have have ever heard. The fact that it's all directed at the club and people you support is mind Boggling.

How can you be criticizing Benji for that one play, and completely ignore the other magnificant things he's done in the last 2 weeks?

Try and enjoy yourself a bit more, stop looking for all the negatives and see all the good things it brings to your life.

mate its like at work or with the missus, they forget the 1000 good/great things you do for them and soley point out the one bad thing. I can wash the dishes vacumm the house wash and hang out the clothes but if i forget to get her a drink with dinner thats the thing she harps on totally forgetting all the great things ive done before that
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:27 pm

ron burgandy wrote: benji wasnt through a hole he was covered you need to pay closer attention, the flick pass wasnt the option but he was gonna be tackled in 5 metres anyway
What I love about the Benji bashers is they hack him but his mistake if it was a mistake was not a big one. Moltzen probably should have caught it and he was in a better position than Benji. Maybe it was the wrong option maybe not.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:30 pm

tiger05 wrote:I don't get some of these posts that hack Marshall. Every player in the game makes mistakes. Benji atm makes fewer than most of the top players.

He has been our best player by a mile for a while now.
He hasn't even been our best player this year!

Galloway has that mantle.
MOTH and proud.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:35 pm

tiger05 wrote:
ron burgandy wrote: benji wasnt through a hole he was covered you need to pay closer attention, the flick pass wasnt the option but he was gonna be tackled in 5 metres anyway
What I love about the Benji bashers is they hack him but his mistake if it was a mistake was not a big one. Moltzen probably should have caught it and he was in a better position than Benji. Maybe it was the wrong option maybe not.

im not having a go at benji hes been our best player the last season in a bit, i was just stating to the dude who said marshall had 20 metres of clear space infront of him that it was not true, he pulled that pass off way to many times to critisize him for one that didnt, plus i think at that stage we were well behind it wasnt like he did it when it was 12-10 and 5 minutes left

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:37 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I don't get some of these posts that hack Marshall. Every player in the game makes mistakes. Benji atm makes fewer than most of the top players.

Your opinion - because you say so doesn't make it so.

My "Opinion" - Benji by a mile

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:40 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
tiger05 wrote:

im not having a go at benji hes been our best player the last season in a bit, i was just stating to the dude who said marshall had 20 metres of clear space infront of him that it was not true, he pulled that pass off way to many times to critisize him for one that didnt, plus i think at that stage we were well behind it wasnt like he did it when it was 12-10 and 5 minutes left
It was early in the second half around 10-15 gone. If you don't even know the pass I'm referring to, why are you refrencing it? :lol:
MOTH and proud.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:43 pm

i know what pass you are refering to, so tell me what was the score? im guessing at that point it was like 32-12 right

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:59 pm

ron burgandy wrote:i know what pass you are refering to, so tell me what was the score? im guessing at that point it was like 32-12 right
No I don't think so. I'll watch the replay tomorrow and let you know.

On a personal level you have really ruined one of the greatest characters in film history, using his moniker.
MOTH and proud.

sleet52

Post by sleet52 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 5:04 pm

Alwaysownyou Benji is such a great player because he takes those risks. Thurston, Prince, Johns would not have thrown that ball that is what makes Benji unique. Look at the try against the Eels last year no other player would have thrown a reverse flick pass on the run but Benji did and we scored. Do you question why Benji through that flick pass in the Grand Final? What would u have said if Pat Richards dropped that pass?

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 5:14 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:i know what pass you are refering to, so tell me what was the score? im guessing at that point it was like 32-12 right
No I don't think so. I'll watch the replay tomorrow and let you know.

On a personal level you have really ruined one of the greatest characters in film history, using his moniker.

my real name is ronald francis burgandy no lie ask a mod they can check it for you, the ron from the movies name is spelled different, but i agree one of the great comedic characters of all time, you wouldnt believe the hysteria that went with my name after that movie came out, one incident with a police officer where he asked my name and i told him it he refused to believe me until i produced my ID

willow

Post by willow » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 5:52 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:

Without Marshall we wouldn't have beaten Manly. You truly are blinded by your own arrogance.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 5:57 pm

Comparing Galloway to Marshall shows that someone has completely lost it.

I reckon Galloway has been superb and he is a player who has made a real difference to the team however he is not the same type of player that Marshall is.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 8:34 pm

Benji is the best in the world and he`ll prove it up against Hayne this Friday night. If you`re aren`t happy with his form so far this season, nothing can make you happy !

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:23 pm

Dont worry about this bloke he's talking utter crap - If it wasnt for Benji we would have been way down the ladder last year and last with a bullet this year so far.

Good to see so many sticking up for him now....two years back these numbers would have been in reverse

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 4:17 am

I'd just like to lend my support to the notion that Benji is the best player in the world right now.

As for the flick pass to Moltzen - rule number one if you're playing for the Wests Tigers, for some years now, has been:

If Benji has the ball in his hands, be alert, expect a pass at any time! Tim Moltzen should have been alert and he should have caught the ball!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 9:50 am

What was with Benjis pass to Moltzen before he threw it to Heigno (who wasn't expecting it) to drop, that was the worst piece of football i have ever seen in an any age in my entire life, local under sevens do better than that and i blame Benji for it, he went to dummy half and almost handed the ball to Moltzen who just shouldn't of got it at all they were standing still right next to each other embarrassing stuff. I don't think any other team is capable of doing some of the things we do.