Benji - The Messiah

User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Re: Benji - The Messiah

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:36 am

Alwaysownyou wrote:Lawrence did make one very poor read, but it wasn't a game breaker in my opinion.
The directly scored as a result?
I hate South Sydney.... immensely


User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:37 am

simonthetiger wrote:Im pretty excited about A.Fifita......didnt he look the goods??
Feel free to add more!!! I was only getting started....
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27787
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:34 am

Kaiser wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:Lawrence did make one very poor read, but it wasn't a game breaker in my opinion.
The directly scored as a result?
The bloke who attemped to stop Aubusson first didn't help the situation...

What about Galloway...Huge effort from him....
Schirnack getting a taste.....

but yes ....Benji is no longer a naughty boy....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 12:11 pm

No geo... it's cost us the season
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

User avatar
beachtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:12 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Post by beachtiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 12:16 pm

That no look-flick pass to Moltzen was an absolute terrible play. He had the line beaten, there was no one in front of him for 20 metres, all he had to do was run through the gap he created, run to Carney and draw and pass and Moltzen was in, untouched...

That for mine is a reason why he is more of a liability than an asset at the moment.

He had the chance to turn the game around and he blew it because at the end of the day all he wants is a highlight reel.

That flick pass should have had him running 80 laps of concord yesterday.[/quote]

:deadhorse: All I can hear from this post is "Blah, blah, blah...I have no idea what I m talking about and just want to bag the bloke,...blah, blah, blah"

If your so intent on bagging the team and can't see that Benji has improved and matured as a player then there is no substance in your post and it should be treated as such!!


User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 2:50 pm

beachtiger wrote:That no look-flick pass to Moltzen was an absolute terrible play. He had the line beaten, there was no one in front of him for 20 metres, all he had to do was run through the gap he created, run to Carney and draw and pass and Moltzen was in, untouched...

That for mine is a reason why he is more of a liability than an asset at the moment.

He had the chance to turn the game around and he blew it because at the end of the day all he wants is a highlight reel.

That flick pass should have had him running 80 laps of concord yesterday.

:deadhorse: All I can hear from this post is "Blah, blah, blah...I have no idea what I m talking about and just want to bag the bloke,...blah, blah, blah"

If your so intent on bagging the team and can't see that Benji has improved and matured as a player then there is no substance in your post and it should be treated as such!!
Do you know what maturing actually means?

A mature footballer would not have thrown that pass at the time he did, nor in the manner that he did.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 2:55 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:Do you know what maturing actually means?

A mature footballer would not have thrown that pass at the time he did, nor in the manner that he did.
Mate even JT and Prince throw some stupid passes or push a kick...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 2:59 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:Do you know what maturing actually means?

A mature footballer would not have thrown that pass at the time he did, nor in the manner that he did.
Mate even JT and Prince throw some stupid passes or push a kick...
I wouldn't Pearce on Prince if he were on fire.

Thurston would have consolidated on the break drew the fullback and sent Moltzen over under the post.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32196
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:37 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:Do you know what maturing actually means?

A mature footballer would not have thrown that pass at the time he did, nor in the manner that he did.
Mate even JT and Prince throw some stupid passes or push a kick...
I wouldn't Pearce on Prince if he were on fire.

Thurston would have consolidated on the break drew the fullback and sent Moltzen over under the post.
Is that a fact? Because at this stage it's purely hypothetical at best. I wouldn't swap Benji for any other 6 in the comp.

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:52 pm

Is that a fact? Because at this stage it's purely hypothetical at best. I wouldn't swap Benji for any other 6 in the comp.
Marshall has loads of potential. I'll give him that, but he still does stupid stupid things.

His no look passes that sail out over into the grandstands or his pass on Sunday - he does dumb things at crucial times.

He needs to eradicate those things out of his game.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:54 pm

But all our lynch pin players have that in them, Marshalls flicks, Farahs kicks out on the full from impossible angles and Moltzen handing off the ball to Heighno
Image

User avatar
Alwaysownyou
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:13 pm

smeghead wrote:But all our lynch pin players have that in them, Marshalls flicks, Farahs kicks out on the full from impossible angles and Moltzen handing off the ball to Heighno
Yet Marshall is the only one that does it EVERY game.

He is enigmatic, at best.
MOTH and proud.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:14 pm

Farah does it 2 from 3 games
Image

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:16 pm

You are either trolling again or have no idea.

Marshall is in career best form.

He was enigmatic,that was about a year ago.

A tear later he is our most consistent and best player.

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:17 pm

Geo. wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:Lawrence did make one very poor read, but it wasn't a game breaker in my opinion.
The directly scored as a result?
The bloke who attemped to stop Aubusson first didn't help the situation...

What about Galloway...Huge effort from him....
Schirnack getting a taste.....

but yes ....Benji is no longer a naughty boy....

na it was lawrences fault he had a bad day defensively especially when he charged out of the line which created a hole you could park a jet in
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:19 pm

Alwaysownyou,
I only post occasionally, but i do read most of the stuff that's written on this forum, and you would have to be the most negative person, along with a couple of your mates i have have ever heard. The fact that it's all directed at the club and people you support is mind Boggling.

How can you be criticizing Benji for that one play, and completely ignore the other magnificant things he's done in the last 2 weeks?

Try and enjoy yourself a bit more, stop looking for all the negatives and see all the good things it brings to your life.

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:20 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Yeah you are right,Bunji is a liabilty.

But JT missed a tackle in his last game,he is a liablity too.

And Slater got penalised....he is a liabilty too.

If the Tigers/Cowboys/Storm dont sack these players and their coaches then they are mediocre.

What a peanut.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,the mediocrity,Im swimming in it,tastes like honey.......mmmmmmmmm.

:lol:
He blew it. Cost us points. Could have been a massive turn around for us, but he had to make it look pretty. If it were any other player they'd be hauled over the coals for it, but not Benji...

You even wrapped him for blowing it...

Goes to show how much you know about football.

I'll give you a tip, the objective is to put the ball down the other side of the white line, and you earn points.

You don't earn any extra points if it is the result of a flick pass. Especially when your support player is not expecting it because it was a) far too early to pass the ball and b) the wrong option at the time, and the wrong option was poorly executed.
benji wasnt through a hole he was covered you need to pay closer attention, the flick pass wasnt the option but he was gonna be tackled in 5 metres anyway
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:23 pm

I don't get some of these posts that hack Marshall. Every player in the game makes mistakes. Benji atm makes fewer than most of the top players.

He has been our best player by a mile for a while now.

Post Reply