Benji - The Messiah

beachtiger

Benji - The Messiah

Post by beachtiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:56 am

I know that there is a lot of doom and gloom about how the boys went yesterday and to be honest I was hurting after our performance...BUT...if nothing else I saw one Benji Quentin Marshall continue to develop into a complete, calculating and damaging attacking weapon!!

The transformation of Benji from a flashy player that can turn a game on it's head, albeit with some inconsistency, into a leader of his team with some impeccable timing and astute attacking skills, to me has been a beautiful thing to watch towards the back end of last season and the first two games of this season. I really fell that Bunji has really taken the next step in his evolution as a player both on and off the field.

Even off the field he seems to have matured and is a much more level headed and thinking mans footballer and I think that is evident in the way he is playing now. He seems to have taken the inconsistency out of his game and is a much more controlled and thoughtful player with an ability to pull out the right play when its needed and then to calm down the attacking raid for the next play when it isn't on.

If he continues like he is and we get a few other things sorted out in the team (fullback and bench) then I really think we will go a long way this season. Keep your heads up Tigers fans because with Benji evolving like he is and from what I can see as only a couple of minor tinkerings needed we are in good shape!!
:sign:

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:41 am

Well said.

He is in imperious form.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:44 am

Yep totally agreed. He is one of the best players in the game and unlike last season we wont be waiting until the 16th round to see him find some form. It's a good sign.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:47 am

How about his step and no look pass to Moltzen????

Who wasnt looking.....he even fooled his own team mate!!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:49 am

He is the best player in the world... simple really
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:51 am

Kaiser wrote:He is the best player in the world... simple really

As scarey as that sounds I think you are right.

How cool is that???

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:59 am

simonthetiger wrote:As scarey as that sounds I think you are right.

How cool is that???
It was a long time coming... but he's finally there. Getting a full season under his belt last year was exactly what he needed to become the leader he is.

It annoys me endlessly when people say he is over-rated... it's generally the same gooses who say the same about Johns...

I've never seen a player like Marshall. His ability to read the game is second to none and when he is running at the line with blokes running off him i have never seen a defensive line retreat like they do on Marshall.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 7:54 am

Kaiser wrote:

How cool is that???
It was a long time coming... but he's finally there. Getting a full season under his belt last year was exactly what he needed to become the leader he is.

It annoys me endlessly when people say he is over-rated... it's generally the same gooses who say the same about Johns...

I've never seen a player like Marshall. His ability to read the game is second to none and when he is running at the line with blokes running off him i have never seen a defensive line retreat like they do on Marshall.
There are still some posters on here who knock him. It must be tough having one of the best players in the world in top form on your team so I understand where they are coming from.

When we won in 05 Prince was a weapon I think Benji is getting better than that. Its scary.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 8:09 am

tiger05 wrote:
Kaiser wrote:

How cool is that???

There are still some posters on here who knock him. It must be tough having one of the best players in the world in top form on your team so I understand where they are coming from.

When we won in 05 Prince was a weapon I think Benji is getting better than that. Its scary.
That no look-flick pass to Moltzen was an absolute terrible play. He had the line beaten, there was no one in front of him for 20 metres, all he had to do was run through the gap he created, run to Carney and draw and pass and Moltzen was in, untouched...

That for mine is a reason why he is more of a liability than an asset at the moment.

He had the chance to turn the game around and he blew it because at the end of the day all he wants is a highlight reel.

That flick pass should have had him running 80 laps of concord yesterday.
MOTH and proud.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 8:46 am

Yeah you are right,Bunji is a liabilty.

But JT missed a tackle in his last game,he is a liablity too.

And Slater got penalised....he is a liabilty too.

If the Tigers/Cowboys/Storm dont sack these players and their coaches then they are mediocre.

What a peanut.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,the mediocrity,Im swimming in it,tastes like honey.......mmmmmmmmm.

:lol:

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 8:57 am

simonthetiger wrote:Yeah you are right,Bunji is a liabilty.

But JT missed a tackle in his last game,he is a liablity too.

And Slater got penalised....he is a liabilty too.

If the Tigers/Cowboys/Storm dont sack these players and their coaches then they are mediocre.

What a peanut.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,the mediocrity,Im swimming in it,tastes like honey.......mmmmmmmmm.

:lol:
He blew it. Cost us points. Could have been a massive turn around for us, but he had to make it look pretty. If it were any other player they'd be hauled over the coals for it, but not Benji...

You even wrapped him for blowing it...

Goes to show how much you know about football.

I'll give you a tip, the objective is to put the ball down the other side of the white line, and you earn points.

You don't earn any extra points if it is the result of a flick pass. Especially when your support player is not expecting it because it was a) far too early to pass the ball and b) the wrong option at the time, and the wrong option was poorly executed.
MOTH and proud.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 8:58 am

Seriously mate nothing would ever make you happy... :roll:

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:03 am

Kaiser wrote:Seriously mate nothing would ever make you happy... :roll:
Yeah there is plenty of things that make me happy.

$50 on Bellagio Wynn in the last at Rosehill on Saturday was one of them!

But seriously, how can anyone be happy with what we have dished up so far this season?

We even have "fans" wrapping Benji for blowing a massive chance that could have been a 12 point turn around because I think Pearce scored his first try off the mistake, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was off the Moltzen drop off the poor Benji pass.
MOTH and proud.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:04 am

Past that...

Also I'm sure that Moltz called the pass, which he should never have.

Yes it was a mistake but jeas... if that's why he's not great in your opinion then perfection is all that could ever make you happy.... a footy aint round... maybe you should support another sport, but even then you are always going to be bitter.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:09 am

Moltzen should have been looking.....it was Bunji.

But please dismiss his game on one incident you troll.

So forget his two tries,numerous line breaks/try assist etc etc etc.

I should know better than to bite,but geez in every thread there is some sourpuss just rolling out the same garbage.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:12 am

Alwaysownyou wrote: But seriously, how can anyone be happy with what we have dished up so far this season?
1. Lote Tuqiri showing all the doubters (not pointing fingers champ) he is all class and is only going to get better!
2. Benji Marshall in devastating form!
3. Lawrence's and Ayshford's form has been up there with the best centers in the comp (ooops he made one bad defensive read against the Roosters... he's been playing terrible actually)
4. Lui has made a VERY solid start to the season... he's not the greatest i know but for a kid's for few steps in the NRL he's shown quite alot of promise
5. Fulton's game back in round 1 was a great sign that he'll be another solid buy!
6. Flanagan's game seemed to settle against the Roosters and if he plays like he did against them he'll be a very good bench player.

I can keep going? A loss is a loss... get over it...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:14 am

Im pretty excited about A.Fifita......didnt he look the goods??

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 9:24 am

Kaiser wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote: But seriously, how can anyone be happy with what we have dished up so far this season?
1. Lote Tuqiri showing all the doubters (not pointing fingers champ) he is all class and is only going to get better!
2. Benji Marshall in devastating form!
3. Lawrence's and Ayshford's form has been up there with the best centers in the comp (ooops he made one bad defensive read against the Roosters... he's been playing terrible actually)
4. Lui has made a VERY solid start to the season... he's not the greatest i know but for a kid's for few steps in the NRL he's shown quite alot of promise
5. Fulton's game back in round 1 was a great sign that he'll be another solid buy!
6. Flanagan's game seemed to settle against the Roosters and if he plays like he did against them he'll be a very good bench player.

I can keep going? A loss is a loss... get over it...
Jury is out for me with Tuqiri. I was not a fan of his signing.

But he is making me eat my words after 2 very very good games of football this season.

I've already Flanagan in another thread, I'm not hijacking threads you know.

I wrapped Lui on his round 1 game, again, not hijacking threads.

Lawrence did make one very poor read, but it wasn't a game breaker in my opinion.
MOTH and proud.