Interesting stats re roosters

simonthetiger

Interesting stats re roosters

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:18 am

Was just having a peek at the stats.

Not one Rooster forward cracked 100 metres,and thats without Gibbs and Liam.

And......Galloway,the only forward to crack the ton(119 from 13) also got 5 offloads away.

The big feller did miss a tackle on Guerra for a try,but those stats are nuts,if he can keep delivering offloads he is gonna really pay off for us.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:22 am

That was the disappointing thing Simon. The Tigers made more ground and Galloway was the pick of the front rowers out there yet the Tigers still lost. Just goes to show how important defence is. The team held the Roosters pack fairly well, it was just compounded my mistakes and penalties which gave the Roosters good field position in the first place.

Thinking about it a bit more though, considering the Tigers were as flat and uninterested as they were...We still managed to score 32 points while playing very ordinary. I'd really like to see the team dig in against the Eels in defence.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:31 am

They def didnt kill us up the middle like Manly.

But.....they were smart.They kept loading up the edges and we werent adjusting.

It looked simple from up in the stand......they had overlaps and we werent sliding across like they did in defense.

Poor ol Ayshford had two blokes running at him all day.

Another stat.......biggest metres goes to Lote......

182 from 12 hit ups.Next best was Sauce.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:46 am

Galloway will end up dominating in the rep arena by this time next year. ANZAC test reserve, Origin starter, Four Nations tourist...

He is close to the best player in our line up.
MOTH and proud.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 12:58 pm

After seeing Fifita go well Im feeling a lot better about the bench(thats if he gets picked of course).

And I still have hopes for Moops and Cayless,who went a little better than the week before.

And ol Tame Tupou is still around.

Round 2........very early.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 2:48 pm

simonthetiger wrote:After seeing Fifita go well Im feeling a lot better about the bench(thats if he gets picked of course).

And I still have hopes for Moops and Cayless,who went a little better than the week before.

And ol Tame Tupou is still around.

Round 2........very early.
Do you honestly think he will get any game time this year?

We bought him injured and he is still injured.

Is it the same injury we inherited when we signed him?
MOTH and proud.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 2:59 pm

I reckon Moors and Cayless will prove to be a waste of money....Of all our 2010 signings the only one worth it is Tiquiri...The rest are a waste of $$$..Why on earth we didn't pool the money spent on the rest and buy at least one other good buy like Tiquiri is beyond me...?

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:02 pm

alexaki wrote:I reckon Moors and Cayless will prove to be a waste of money....Of all our 2010 signings the only one worth it is Tiquiri...The rest are a waste of $$$..Why on earth we didn't pool the money spent on the rest and buy at least one other good buy like Tiquiri is beyond me...?
I'm happy to give Cayless more time, but he's not looking flash at the moment. Reggies for game time would be his saviour.

Moors, went okay on Sunday by far and away not our worst player on the field.

Although he wasn't that flash against Manly.
MOTH and proud.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:17 pm

alexaki wrote:I reckon Moors and Cayless will prove to be a waste of money....Of all our 2010 signings the only one worth it is Tiquiri...The rest are a waste of $$$..Why on earth we didn't pool the money spent on the rest and buy at least one other good buy like Tiquiri is beyond me...?
I think Moors is starting to show some promise. He used a bit of footwork at the line against the Roosters and wasn't belted around as much. He's a fairly solid unit who has a bit of improvement left in him if he continues to knuckle down and work hard.

At the moment, Benji is the clear standout for the Tigers. Lawrence looks solid, as does Galloway, but the Tigers have been scratchy for the first few rounds for years now, and this year looks to be no different. There's enough talent in this side to trouble any team but at the moment the team isn't playing as one unit for 80 minutes, they're only playing for 40 minutes and really need to sit down together and discuss the poor attitude in defence and fix it quick smart.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 3:22 pm

willow wrote:
I think Moors is starting to show some promise. He used a bit of footwork at the line against the Roosters and wasn't belted around as much. He's a fairly solid unit who has a bit of improvement left in him if he continues to knuckle down and work hard.

At the moment, Benji is the clear standout for the Tigers. Lawrence looks solid, as does Galloway, but the Tigers have been scratchy for the first few rounds for years now, and this year looks to be no different. There's enough talent in this side to trouble any team but at the moment the team isn't playing as one unit for 80 minutes, they're only playing for 40 minutes and really need to sit down together and discuss the poor attitude in defence and fix it quick smart.
That was nearly right, except Galloway has been our best performer so far this year, he is 9 lengths in front and pulling away from them 50m out.
MOTH and proud.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 4:58 pm

Stats pfft, mean nothing
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:19 pm

king sirro wrote:Stats pfft, mean nothing
Yeah,ur right.

Im sure the coaches wouldnt use them.

:lol: :lol:

The stats that I quoted to me are extremely interesting and told the story of where our opposition strengths are.

In the game against Manly they really smashed us up the middle.The stats reflected this by showing that three Manly forwards got over 130 metres.None of their backs topped 100.

In the Rorter game,to the eye we held them in the forwards and they got us out wide on the edges.The stats also reflect this.Not one Rorter forward made 100 metres,but two of their backs did.

2 different styles of games with stats to match.

But Im sure that stats mean pffft nothing.

:lol:

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:21 pm

And while Im at,the stats showed again that Galloway was by far our best player up front.

Again spot on.

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sun 28 Mar, 2010 7:57 pm

the man reason why the roosters forwards didnt crack the 100m is cause all our mistakes were in our half