Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

Post by The Tooth » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 1:48 pm

Unbelievable, some people. SouthernTiger..... :lol: Wake up and use some common sense to form your own judgement. You don't have to believe the Tele, the club or Calvins ( Well done mate for holding your opinion when everyone wanted to shoot us down - I wondered about the calf but in the most part you raised an important issue imo). Read between the lines. It doesn't and never did add up.

Anyone who thinks this is only a minor issue hasn't considered just how bad it could be. Imagine if it was Farah or Benji. Back page news in every paper I reckon. Imgaine if it was semi final time.

I don't know how many needles go wrong or more-so how many go right with Kuah, but without all the knowledge I'm concerned. I'm concerned about future needles to our players, but more importantly I'm concerned with the lies. Why lie? Thats still the question. Imo Sheens and the club are also concerned, so much so that they don't want the truth known.


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 2:07 pm

Eddie wrote:True Simon. I don't really have a issue really with Sheens trying to protect his players or staff, thats a good quality to have. Keeping his cards close to his chest in regards to injuries is well within his rights. We don't have to know. Although I think his comments don't really add up.

I can understand people getting a little worked up. We had to pull someone out of the stands for a First Grade game, we got hammered, people spend their money and people want to know the truth. Some supporters want a clearer explanation as to why one of our key players named in the 17 didn't make it to the field.
Couldn't have said it better myself Eddie.

I have not once blamed the doctor or believed the Telegraph, all I did was question the club's response that was given on Sunday for Fulton not playing and it simply doesn't add up. That is all. Am I being unreasonable? I don't think so.

Like Eddie, I would prefer not to be lied to about why one of our key players didn't play, and why he will also not play this weekend.

Also agree with Simon in that we got to see Jason Shirnack and we know he is up to it if we get some injuries in the future. We have plenty of talented kids in the reserves, so every first grader should be under pressure to keep their spot.

User avatar
cnx_tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by cnx_tigers » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 2:36 pm

There's only one person who administers needles in a footy club. That being the Doctor.

You blokes saying "the TELE didn't name him" have got to be joking stating there's no chance of a legal issue.

Look up the word 'inference'.

Geez.

I hope he sues them if it's not true.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 2:40 pm

I will do you a deal. For a bit of a lark I will go and look up the word inference whilst you go and look up the standards of proof required to pursue an action for defamation of character
Image

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 3:43 pm

The link to the daily telegraph story seems to be broken now. The plot thickens... or, probably just a dodgy link...


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 4:38 pm

smeghead wrote:I doubt there will be a response from the club to the article
Yet they (cuzzo) were very quick to point out the error of the media a week or two ago of a couple of players (forget who) returning early from injury.

We all know they BS....who could forget Sheens'... "We bought him as a utility" re: Morris at the back end of last year....they treat us like fools

The point many are missing is WHY the BS now....looks to be covering incompetence - someone forgot an 18th man....made sure this week though huh...how many we got on the bench...six or seven? :lol:

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9503
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 4:46 pm

hammertime wrote:The link to the daily telegraph story seems to be broken now. The plot thickens... or, probably just a dodgy link...
Here it is - just above an absorbing story about Trent Waterhouse's greyhound...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5844500271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Post by tigeress » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 6:13 pm

Sounds like a bad one no matter what way you look at it ! We all hope he recovers quickly as -the team needs him !

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:04 pm

Calvins wrote:Southern Tiger, perhaps if you, like the rest of us, spunked considerable money and a considerable amount of time bothering to go to games in the hopes that people are doing their job properly you might feel some pain about this whole sorry situation. But as you are reading match reports, downloading torrents or listening to 2gb on the net you don't put anything into following the team so aren't concerned when a Doctor punctures a player's lung, and causes a player who played the day before to have to be pulled from the grandstand to play in borrowed boots as if we are the Dungog under 14s. I had a massive saturday night and had I known that a doctor had again ruined another player's efforts to take the field I could have stayed home on my couch whilst we had a thousand run in against us because our best defender was off the park, through no fault of his own
Thanks mate. I will stop supporting the tigers because i dont live in Australia. Another wonderful argument.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:07 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Southern, are you serious?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Telegraph, the club said Fulton was sick all week. He was so sick that they didn't have anyone else on standby.

How is that not a lie, seriously??

T-REX: Calvin's info was wrong. But again my point has absolutely nothing to do with the needle, the doctor or what was written in the Telegraph.

My point is the club told us Fulton was sick all week when we didn't even have a player on standby, that is a load of absolute crap and simply a lie.

Do you understand my point, or is someone going to bring up Calvin and the Telegraph again?
Mate I understand your point now and its a fair point to make.

But I really dont understand why anybody would care if the club lied to us about, or covered up, an injury. I see it as a non-issue. .

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:14 pm

Eddie wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Seems like an stuff up by the doc. Not his first, however im sure 95% of the time he gets it right. doesn't really bother me.

Happened to Andrew Johns if i recall in 1997. Had a needle which accidently punctured a lung.

The cover up by Tim Sheens and co looks like amature hour. Are some people here part of the Tigers spin department?, if not they should apply now. Because they are doing their best!
Thats assuming it is a cover up. Your relying on a telegraph story to say it isnt true. Given your family I thought you would know better than to rely on such stories Eddie.
Im just trying to put 2 and 2 together boss. The Tigers version that he was crook all week holds no water as we had to pull a player out of the stands - fact.

* Fulton doesn't make it out to warm up, no player on stand by
* Spends a night in hospital due to complications with an injury (the club told us that)

Your right we are speculating. We do no what happened for certain. I have my opinion, and I reckon it is a more realistic version of events then others. What is childish is the spin doctors chasing and hounding posters through 10 pages
Eddie perhaps these spin doctors, I guess you are referring to me here, are sick of the fact that every thread becomes an anti-Sheens and anti-club bash. I am sick of it. I criticise the club and Sheens on many occasions. When I do it, I base it on solid grounds i.e. the re-recruitment and persistent selection of Fitzy. To make every thread here a bashing of the club, makes it very hard to come here.

I dont even care about the speculation. You will note that i never said Calvin lied or was wrong (although i do question people relying on the telegraph for anything other than lighting the BBQ).

Why dont I care whether Calvin is right or wrong? Because even if it is true, which i seriously doubt, I still am not medically qualified so as to be in a position to question Kuah. I will leave that to the experts. I have enough faith in the club, that if Kuah had indeed screwed up either now or in the past, action would have been taken or will be taken. I honestly dont believe any intelligent person could think otherwise. The club, at least from outside impressions, looks to be one of the most professionally run clubs in the game. No one has been able to explain to me why the club would endanger its players with a doctor that is allegedly incompetent. This conspiracy type stuff belongs in pulp fiction, not in rational arguments.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:34 pm

The Tooth wrote:Unbelievable, some people. SouthernTiger..... :lol: Wake up and use some common sense to form your own judgement. You don't have to believe the Tele, the club or Calvins ( Well done mate for holding your opinion when everyone wanted to shoot us down - I wondered about the calf but in the most part you raised an important issue imo). Read between the lines. It doesn't and never did add up.

Anyone who thinks this is only a minor issue hasn't considered just how bad it could be. Imagine if it was Farah or Benji. Back page news in every paper I reckon. Imgaine if it was semi final time.

I don't know how many needles go wrong or more-so how many go right with Kuah, but without all the knowledge I'm concerned. I'm concerned about future needles to our players, but more importantly I'm concerned with the lies. Why lie? Thats still the question. Imo Sheens and the club are also concerned, so much so that they don't want the truth known.
Whose judgment am i relying on if not my own Tooth? I guess i must be reading too many club press releases :roll: :roll:

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:37 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
fergiefurr wrote: well then what don you think happened?

honestly?
I dont care what happened. I care what happens on the park.
so IF it is true, it wouldnt bother you?

also dont you think the fact that one of our best defensive players was ruled out literally 5 minutes before the game, and a bloke who played a game in 30 degress temperatures the day before, was called on to make his debut with NO warm up may have effected our performance on the day?
What would bother me is if the club hired under-qualified people to save a few bucks in critical areas. That clearly isnt the case. Kuah is the best in the business according to all reports. Unless i am told the club failed to adequately respond to genuine concerns about the medical care of our players, i see this as all hooplah. As of yet not a single person has raised "genuine concerns".
Last edited by southerntiger on Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:43 pm

Eddie wrote:True we don't know. Although the fact that Fulton won't comment on what happened suggests it was a bit of a stuff up. I mean if he did it tackling a bag I think he and Sheens would of come out and said it. Based on the flimsy line from Sheens about him being crook all week (with no player on stand by) and the "no comment" from Fulton my opinion is there is some sweeping under the carpet being done. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.
I agree that the no comment line by Fulton is strange. But without more I am willing to let "strange" slide by.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:46 pm

Eddie wrote:Mr. T-Rexxxxx

Seeing you are the king of bold quoting posters and re-buttal, Where do I blame the loss on Fulton not playing??

What I am saying is some supporters are angry because we got smashed and some of the pre kick off disruptions (which surely had some effect) have not been properly explained. The club doesn't have to let us know, but I can understand people being frustrated with the conflicting stories regarding Fulton. I can understand people being frustrated that in a First Grade match he had a to pull a player out of the stands with borrowed boots when Sheens said Fulton had been crook all week (then why would you not have a player on stand by?/).
Not one person has said you dont have a right to be annoyed that Fulton didnt play.

I do say that people (not you) dont have a right, without sufficient knowledge both in terms of facts and reasonable medical practices, to slander the medical staff of the Wests Tigers.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:56 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
fergiefurr wrote: probably the same reason they would keep a coaching staff that had got us to the finals once in 7 years
Ahhhhhh,the Moth mantra.

I dunno why you dont just have it in ur sig,that way you dont have to retype the same line over and over again.
A least they have the number of years right now. Previously it was 8 and 9 years.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28400
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 7:57 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Mate I understand your point now and its a fair point to make.

But I really dont understand why anybody would care if the club lied to us about, or covered up, an injury. I see it as a non-issue. .
People love the club, its players and staff...the club wants us and at every opportunity encourage us to financially support them.

And you - dont understand - why they'd care about being lied to?

That's crap!

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:04 pm

Nope not really and not on this type of issue. I invest a lot of my time and money into supporting this club but I dont expect anything more than that they perform on the park.

A winning Tigers game provides me with one of the joys on my week. That is all I ask for.

Locked