Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Re: Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

Post by tiger4ever » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 1:03 pm

willow wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Let it go gents,

All that matters is that Liam will be back for round 4 for the challenging treck down to Canberra.

Also - I dont have to sell him in My NRL dream team.
Indeed, let it go. The injury happened and it is being dealt with. Unless any of us were in the dressing sheds and know the full medical history behind what happened, we are purely speculating and it is getting us nowhere. Liam has declared he will be back against the Raiders and is looking forward to it. That will do me.

Yeah happy hes back for round 4 and not concerned about a so called mishap which may or may not be true.

Willow apart from a few on here everything they say on he is speculation.

They may not of been in the sheds but let me tell you they know somebody who knows somebody who told them and its a good excuse to complain about the club and its staff.

I hate seeing nevilles on here thinking they know more then our coaching staff.dreamland


T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 1:38 pm

The Tooth wrote:
T-REXX wrote:
The Tooth wrote:So there was a needle. The needle went wrong and thats why they had nobody on standby.
They should have just said as much. The truth is much easier most times.

No doubt there will be nothing more heard from the club on this matter as they obviously didn't want these headlines.
Its just not a good look and made even worse by lies.
The Paper still has it wrong...

there was a needle.. the needle isnt what caused the problem.. thats all im saying on it..
Well that sort of comment only adds fuel to the fire imo. My point is still the same though.... the club hasn't told the truth and it looks ugly. What are they hiding T-REXX? Maybe you can elaborate in a PM to me.
See how a little white lie can snowball. Surely if there was nothing worthy of a cover up they'd just come out and say what happened. I know thats not going to happen now though. You've got me even more concerned now.
Tooth

they are not hiding anything.. the conspirecy is made by people in the media and forums... This forum is making it a conspirecy with all the rumours flying around..

They havnt said anything what so ever on the whole saga.. So they havnt told a lie.. reason people think there has is because someone heard something about it whilst in the rooms and already we konw that was a crock of crap... There is NO COVER UP...

You are right, my statements are no better then anyones here... but for the people who know me, know that i dont BS nore make up stories. Im telling you how it is, if u dont beleive me that is fine... only problem i have is when tossers like CALVINs etc etc.. start accusing someone like Kuah and saying that they are incompitent when they have NFI on the situation and comparing him to Dr Death PATELL (sp) plus after all his accusations we find out his SO CALLED person in the sheds where he was told the Needle was stuck in a CALF when it clearly wasnt makes him look like a bigger tool then he really is..

There is a difference when it comes to team selections, the way the club is run and people can have a b**** about it... i always have an opinion,, BUT BLATENTLY ACCUSING someone is totally different.. and unless they have the medical background, medical experience, OR WAS THERE And KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE IS IS TALKING ABOUT, they should shut up and take it as it is..

Troy

T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 1:46 pm

LASTLY

round 3 is here.... giddy up.... lets smack the eels back to the river...

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 1:47 pm

:lol:
If you dont care what happened, then dont browse this thread. I'm so annoyed with you guys hijacking this thread with nothing more to say except get over it, or we are just speculating or we dont have medical degrees, blah, blah, blah. What about 30 pages of speculation on Lote's signing. Farah's back, Benji's shoulders......If you dont care, dont speak up, if you're not interested then dont read it.

I do care and I will speculate. I want the Tooth, the whole Tooth and nothing but the Truth.

Again, I'm sure if it was Benji or Farah not playing for 2 weeks there would alot more questions and alot more headlines. I rate Liam and I think he's missed whenever he is out, so I reserve my right to care. Dont think for a second Liam isn't spewing he's not playing, he's just toeing the clubs line on this one and keeping his mouth shut.

I'm a Sheens supporter and the club in general. I'm not just jumping on the negative bandwagon and looking for any opportunity to have a whinge. Its got nothing to do with us losing, but everything to do with why the truth has been diverted and its all hush hush. The whole thing stinks imo.
tiger4ever wrote:
willow wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Let it go gents,

All that matters is that Liam will be back for round 4 for the challenging treck down to Canberra.

Also - I dont have to sell him in My NRL dream team.
Indeed, let it go. The injury happened and it is being dealt with. Unless any of us were in the dressing sheds and know the full medical history behind what happened, we are purely speculating and it is getting us nowhere. Liam has declared he will be back against the Raiders and is looking forward to it. That will do me.

Yeah happy hes back for round 4 and not concerned about a so called mishap which may or may not be true.

Willow apart from a few on here everything they say on he is speculation.

They may not of been in the sheds but let me tell you they know somebody who knows somebody who told them and its a good excuse to complain about the club and its staff.

I hate seeing nevilles on here thinking they know more then our coaching staff.dreamland

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 1:56 pm

C'mon T-REXX

There was a needle and the needle didn't work. The club has said nothing about this and instead inferred that Liam was crook all week and didn't pass the final medical assesment. Thats a cover up in my book or atleast steering clear of the truth.

I appreciate there have been wrong things stated and some pretty poor posts from both sides of this arguement, but for mine all I've asked is why not tell the truth if there is nothing to hide.

The Paper still has it wrong...

there was a needle.. the needle isnt what caused the problem.. thats all im saying on it..[/quote]

Well that sort of comment only adds fuel to the fire imo. My point is still the same though.... the club hasn't told the truth and it looks ugly. What are they hiding T-REXX? Maybe you can elaborate in a PM to me.
See how a little white lie can snowball. Surely if there was nothing worthy of a cover up they'd just come out and say what happened. I know thats not going to happen now though. You've got me even more concerned now.[/quote]

Tooth

they are not hiding anything.. the conspirecy is made by people in the media and forums... This forum is making it a conspirecy with all the rumours flying around..

They havnt said anything what so ever on the whole saga.. So they havnt told a lie.. reason people think there has is because someone heard something about it whilst in the rooms and already we konw that was a crock of crap... There is NO COVER UP...

You are right, my statements are no better then anyones here... but for the people who know me, know that i dont BS nore make up stories. Im telling you how it is, if u dont beleive me that is fine... only problem i have is when tossers like CALVINs etc etc.. start accusing someone like Kuah and saying that they are incompitent when they have NFI on the situation and comparing him to Dr Death PATELL (sp) plus after all his accusations we find out his SO CALLED person in the sheds where he was told the Needle was stuck in a CALF when it clearly wasnt makes him look like a bigger tool then he really is..

There is a difference when it comes to team selections, the way the club is run and people can have a b**** about it... i always have an opinion,, BUT BLATENTLY ACCUSING someone is totally different.. and unless they have the medical background, medical experience, OR WAS THERE And KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE IS IS TALKING ABOUT, they should shut up and take it as it is..

Troy[/quote]


T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 2:24 pm

C'mon T-REXX

There was a needle and the needle didn't work. The club has said nothing about this and instead inferred that Liam was crook all week and didn't pass the final medical assesment. Thats a cover up in my book or atleast steering clear of the truth.

I appreciate there have been wrong things stated and some pretty poor posts from both sides of this arguement, but for mine all I've asked is why not tell the truth if there is nothing to hide.
Who told u the needle didnt work? I know the tigers have mentioned NOTHING ABOUT IT...

see how things quickley change when people have no idea... only reason people said the needle didnt work is cause the papers and CALVIN said so....

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 2:28 pm

Pretty obvious isn't it.

Liam needs a needle to play. Liam gets the needle but can't make it onto the field. Woops! Who's in the stands to cover him?

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9512
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 2:29 pm

Here's an idea. Join the Balmain or Wests football club and go to the AGM with your questions about our medical staff. If it really bothers you that much you won't object to paying the $11.

T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 2:45 pm

The Tooth wrote:Pretty obvious isn't it.

Liam needs a needle to play. Liam gets the needle but can't make it onto the field. Woops! Who's in the stands to cover him?
ok so rather then know the FACTS, ull just speculate... which is what u are doing...make it up as u go.. and the further u go the better

Troy

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28982
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 2:58 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Yeah happy hes back for round 4 and not concerned about a so called mishap which may or may not be true.

Willow apart from a few on here everything they say on he is speculation.

They may not of been in the sheds but let me tell you they know somebody who knows somebody who told them and its a good excuse to complain about the club and its staff.

I hate seeing nevilles on here thinking they know more then our coaching staff.dreamland
Top post!!!!!.....sums it up best for mine......

Bring on the Eels.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:10 pm

Sterlo on the channel 9 commentary said it, now both the SMH and Telegraph have had articles on it. Where theres smoke...
The club has said nothing about it, apart from that lame story about Liam being crook all week and go figure, no stanby player. Yes I'm only speculating, but not from nothing. Put it all together and the club is hiding the truth.

Anyway we are getting nowhere because the club will just stay silent on the matter until it all blows over. Their initial intention imo. I dont like that one bit.
T-REXX wrote:
C'mon T-REXX

There was a needle and the needle didn't work. The club has said nothing about this and instead inferred that Liam was crook all week and didn't pass the final medical assesment. Thats a cover up in my book or atleast steering clear of the truth.

I appreciate there have been wrong things stated and some pretty poor posts from both sides of this arguement, but for mine all I've asked is why not tell the truth if there is nothing to hide.
Who told u the needle didnt work? I know the tigers have mentioned NOTHING ABOUT IT...

see how things quickley change when people have no idea... only reason people said the needle didnt work is cause the papers and CALVIN said so....

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:16 pm

Yossarian wrote:Here's an idea. Join the Balmain or Wests football club and go to the AGM with your questions about our medical staff. If it really bothers you that much you won't object to paying the $11.
I'm in QLD. A bit far for me travel to hear the same lame story along the lines of Liam was a bit crook and didn't pass Kuahs final assesment.
If thats the actual truth then I'm junping the fence to the sack Sheens crew, because not carrying an extra player when someones been crook all week is inexplicable for a proffessional coach. More-so its an unlikely story me thinks.

I'm seriously at a loss with how you guys cant see whats happened.

T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:20 pm

The Tooth wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Here's an idea. Join the Balmain or Wests football club and go to the AGM with your questions about our medical staff. If it really bothers you that much you won't object to paying the $11.
I'm in QLD. A bit far for me travel to hear the same lame story along the lines of Liam was a bit crook and didn't pass Kuahs final assesment.
If thats the actual truth then I'm junping the fence to the sack Sheens crew, because not carrying an extra player when someones been crook all week is inexplicable for a proffessional coach. More-so its an unlikely story me thinks.

I'm seriously at a loss with how you guys cant see whats happened.
i must appologise then.. now that explains alot

Troy

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9512
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:22 pm

The Tooth wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Here's an idea. Join the Balmain or Wests football club and go to the AGM with your questions about our medical staff. If it really bothers you that much you won't object to paying the $11.
I'm in QLD. A bit far for me travel to hear the same lame story along the lines of Liam was a bit crook and didn't pass Kuahs final assesment.
If thats the actual truth then I'm junping the fence to the sack Sheens crew, because not carrying an extra player when someones been crook all week is inexplicable for a proffessional coach. More-so its an unlikely story me thinks.

I'm seriously at a loss with how you guys cant see whats happened.
And you can see what happened from Queensland can you? Fair enough you live in Qld but by the same token how do you know what answers you get at a football club AGM? In my experience the staff who attend (including Sheens) answer questions very honestly.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:51 pm

Fair dinkum a few of you guys are REALLY making a mountain out of a molehill here. Tooth and others seem to want to claim a Roswellesque cover up because Sheens said he had been crook all week. Here is a wild theory, what about if he WAS crook all week, with busted/popped rib cartilidges. it would make you bloody crook, a lot of pain and hard to breathe. No cover because he was expected to get needled up. Needle didnt work.

I really can't see the conspiracy here.

Needles dont work ALL the time. It is reasonably common for it not to work. I have heard it reported frequently. Also, none of us are doctors but it is also obvious that few of you have ever had one of these injections. I t is NOT an exact science. It is not stuck into flesh or muscle like some were claiming the other day. It needs to be injected directly into the site of the soft tissue damage(only works on cartlidge, tendon, ligament) It is a MASSIVE long needle that gets pushed deep into the fleshy bit and then WIGGLED around until the needle touches the direct site of the damage (this is very clear to both the patient and then the doctor). Then the needle is pulled back a bit, then pushed in again directly into the tendon/ligament/cartilidge and a small amount of local anatheatic injected into that damaged part to put it to sleep for a while. INCREDIBLY painful experience and not an exact thing.

The level of discussion here I think has been simplistic and ridiculous. People are clutching for conspiracies and things that are simply not there.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28458
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 4:06 pm

southerntiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Its pretty clear we have some ostriches among the fanbase
The kind of response expected from you Ink. Cynicism with no substance.
I dont have time for substance, just my 2 bobs worth...re read the thread, theres plenty of substance in it

The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 4:28 pm

One final say then I'm out, unless questioned directly. I know this isn't a huge conspiracy, I've only had so much to say because it seems most people are missing my point and accusing me of blatantly making things up.

From everything I've heard and read I just believe that a needle was required and for whatever reason it didn't work. That might happen every week at a different club, I dont care. That should of been the end of it, but instead the story has been danced around especially with Sheens post match comments. If you cant see something a miss with all that then I give up. Each to their own, but I maintain my concern as to why they wouldn't come out and say what happened. Not a single mention of a needle by the club. They dont want to talk about it.

I had to mention QLD didn't I :lol:
For the record, my father grew up at Leichardt, followed his father in supporting Balmain. Worked pubs and clubs in the area and generally lived and breathed Balmain. Even worked with Hemsley for some time. I grew up in the Sutherland Shire but was always going to be a Balmain boy. Spent much of my childhood sitting on the hill at leichardt watching the Tigers of the 80's. More recently lived at Padstow and would take my little girl out to Campbelltown to nearly every home game. Moved to QLD 2 years ago with a 6 month old boy who has never been to Leichardt or Campbelltown. He's nearly 3 now and only seen the Tigers live 3 times. But he's already a Tiger too. We might live in QLD but we are born and bred Tigers. Always will be.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 5:10 pm

The Tooth wrote:One final say then I'm out, unless questioned directly. I know this isn't a huge conspiracy, I've only had so much to say because it seems most people are missing my point and accusing me of blatantly making things up.
.
FWIW I havent lumped you into the other lot making things up wrt what may or may not have happened in the change room. I get your point about Liam "being crook", I just dont think it is as big a deal.
The Tooth wrote: From everything I've heard and read I just believe that a needle was required and for whatever reason it didn't work. That might happen every week at a different club, I dont care. That should of been the end of it, but instead the story has been danced around especially with Sheens post match comments. If you cant see something a miss with all that then I give up. Each to their own, but I maintain my concern as to why they wouldn't come out and say what happened. Not a single mention of a needle by the club. They dont want to talk about it..
Why SHOULD the club come out and say anything? What is the purpose of telling everyone? I know you are concerned that they said he was "crook" (I heard Sheens interview, he said crook, not sick or ill) but if it gets to semantics of whether he said he was crook and he meant sore or injured....well does it really matter? I mean if he says he was crook, meaning his sore ribs and he didnt pass the physical ...well. FWIW I agree it was probably a problem with the needle, due to the fac they didnt have someone ready, but ...it happens

Locked