Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

southerntiger

Re: Liam Fulton's horror injury revealed

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Seems like an stuff up by the doc. Not his first, however im sure 95% of the time he gets it right. doesn't really bother me.

Happened to Andrew Johns if i recall in 1997. Had a needle which accidently punctured a lung.

The cover up by Tim Sheens and co looks like amature hour. Are some people here part of the Tigers spin department?, if not they should apply now. Because they are doing their best!
Thats assuming it is a cover up. Your relying on a telegraph story to say it isnt true. Given your family I thought you would know better than to rely on such stories Eddie.
Im just trying to put 2 and 2 together boss. The Tigers version that he was crook all week holds no water as we had to pull a player out of the stands - fact.

* Fulton doesn't make it out to warm up, no player on stand by
* Spends a night in hospital due to complications with an injury (the club told us that)

Your right we are speculating. We do no what happened for certain. I have my opinion, and I reckon it is a more realistic version of events then others. What is childish is the spin doctors chasing and hounding posters through 10 pages
Eddie the story i read by the club was this - Fulton was sick all week, needed a needle and had an adverse reaction to the injection - see the SMH. Nothing Sheens said is inconsistent with this.

One would assume that if Fulton needed an injection, there must have been a pre-existing illness or injury.

Are you so sure that Fulton wasnt sick all week? i assume he must have been or otherwise neither story holds. Why the needle?

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:15 pm

I just wish all the best to Liam and a speedy recovery.
get well soon.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:16 pm

I dont think anyone would disagree with your sentiments mate.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:19 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Eddie the story i read by the club was this - Fulton was sick all week, needed a needle and had an adverse reaction to the injection - see the SMH. Nothing Sheens said is inconsistent with this.

One would assume that if Fulton needed an injection, there must have been a pre-existing illness or injury.

Are you so sure that Fulton wasnt sick all week? i assume he must have been or otherwise neither story holds. Why the needle?
If he was sick all week, why was no one on stand by? Surely someone would have been there if he was in such bad shape.

Wasn't the needle meant to be a pain killer for the knock he copped on Monday? That's what was said on Channel 9 before the game anyways iirc.

Do hope he has a speedy recovery though, were going to need him.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:23 pm

What a monumental stuff up! Surely thats negligent. How do we have these people on the staff of a NRL team?
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:29 pm

djm619 wrote: If he was sick all week, why was no one on stand by? Surely someone would have been there if he was in such bad shape.

Wasn't the needle meant to be a pain killer for the knock he copped on Monday? That's what was said on Channel 9 before the game anyways iirc.

No idea mate. But whether its an injury or an illness, it still doesn't discredit the adverse reaction story. Adverse reactions to needles arent uncommon in elite sports.

I guess nobody would be on standby because until he had the adverse reaction it was thought that he would play. Thats my guess and sounds plausible enough to satisfy me without reverting to conspiracy theories.

There may be slight discrepancies in the stories but i would hazard a guess that not too many injury reports in the NRL would stand up to the type of sustained analysis that this one has been subject to.

I wasnt too concerned about this aspect earlier in this thread as I was mainly annoyed at the uninformed assertions of malpractice. Thats a heavy allegation to make and I would want more than hearsay before throwing it out there.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:37 pm

southerntiger wrote:
djm619 wrote: If he was sick all week, why was no one on stand by? Surely someone would have been there if he was in such bad shape.

No idea mate. But whether its an injury or an illness, it still doesn't discredit the adverse reaction story. Adverse reactions to needles arent uncommon in elite sports.

I guess nobody would be on standby because until he had the adverse reaction it was thought that he would play. Thats my guess and sounds plausible enough to satisfy me without reverting to conspiracy theories.

There may be slight discrepancies in the stories but i would hazard a guess that not too many injury reports in the NRL would stand up to the type of sustained analysis that this one has been subject to.

I wasnt too concerned about this aspect earlier in this thread as I was mainly annoyed at the uninformed assertions of malpractice. Thats a heavy allegation to make and I would want more than hearsay before throwing it out there.
If the article has any truth then surely the doc has something to answer for ... ?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:40 pm

Its pretty clear we have some ostriches among the fanbase

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 8:41 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

If the article has any truth then surely the doc has something to answer for ... ?
Big IF, but anyway I dont agree. "Any truth" is a fairly flexible scale. Regardless, once again I will let the experts deal with the medical questions. I know nothing about the possibilities of complications rising out of giving injections and assume no one on this forum does either.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 9:04 pm

Fair enough ST, I am no doc but I am a litigious type. Smells a little but I hope we hear the 'actual' truth

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 9:37 pm

I think a lot of things "smell" for people without expertise in an area. Recall the Y2K Bug. I always thought, and still do think, it was rubbish. But my computer expert friends still say the threat was real and it was only the millions that was spent that prevented widescale chaos.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 9:46 pm

southerntiger wrote:I think a lot of things "smell" for people without expertise in an area. Recall the Y2K Bug. I always thought, and still do think, it was rubbish. But my computer expert friends still say the threat was real and it was only the millions that was spent that prevented widescale chaos.
Sure, the only people who benefited from the millions spent were the experts. True that none of the other articles I have read on this suggest it was such a stuff up i.e. a punctured lung while providing pain relief.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 9:50 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, but:
NRL.com wrote:Liam Fulton sidelined for Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers forward Liam Fulton will only miss this week's NRL action and confirmed he'll "definitely" be back for his team's round four meeting with Canberra.

The second-rower starred in the Tigers' first-up victory over Manly, but was ruled out of last Sunday's loss to the Roosters just minutes before kick-off after he reacted adversely to a pain-killing injection.

The unfortunate mishap will see the reinvigorated Fulton miss Friday's blockbuster with Parramatta, but he told AAP he's a certain starter the following week against the Raiders in Canberra.

Fulton has returned from a stint with English club Huddersfield and is determined to take his game to a new level.

Before his minor set-back, he got off to the perfect start with a near man-of-the-match performance against the Sea Eagles.

"I'll be back next week, definitely. I'm happy it's only one week and I'm happy to get back into it against Canberra," said Fulton.

"I was stoked I could get back into the NRL for one and getting back into the Tigers was another thing. Getting that first game out of the way with a win was a sweet feeling.

"I went over to England a less mature player than I am now. I lived by myself over there and learnt a lot. Maturing as a player was something I needed to do and that was one of the reasons why I left in the first place.

"I said I wanted to come back a better player and I reckon I have.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:07 pm

ST - Just heard from a reliable source that is plausible and a risk to puncture a lung with a needle to the sternum :o

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:25 pm

djm619 wrote:
The second-rower starred in the Tigers' first-up victory over Manly, but was ruled out of last Sunday's loss to the Roosters just minutes before kick-off after he reacted adversely to a pain-killing injection.

The unfortunate mishap will see the reinvigorated Fulton miss Friday's blockbuster with Parramatta, but he told AAP he's a certain starter the following week against the Raiders in Canberra.
Hmmm...no mention of a punctured lung there.....

Telecrap Sports Confidential v NRL.com...it's a toss up....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:28 pm

I LOVE THE EXPERTS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:32 pm

Huh..... I'm no expert...I just quoted what was written on NRL.com

I chose to believe that over Massoud....sorry
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm

oh i know that GEO...

im talking bout TELE etc.. not u