Ivan's team to tackle cows

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Ivan's team to tackle cows

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:21 pm

What is everyone expecting with his first team that he announces? I'm really looking forward to seeing what team he names today.
He's been watching on from behind the scenes he must have seen what we all here have. Will he weld the axe or not?
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:25 pm

He cant replace anyone. There is no one to replace with. Reserves are going just as bad as 1st grade...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27851
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:29 pm

Reserves fought back to beat the undefeated Bears at NSO down 16-6 with 12 to go....Liddle Rankin Hunt Edwards Felise Tatola Eisenhuth and apart from Heleta letting 1 ball bounce standouts...

No Changes tho..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
marzie
Member
Member
Posts: 1617
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by marzie » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm

Hoping to see naqaima dropped and either Felise or Tatola promoted

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by jctiger » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm

Can't see him making any changes. Will probably give them all a chance to prove they deserve to stay in the team.
I expect next week to be different story though


User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:38 pm

Would like to see Liddle Partner MCKillrick.

Just do some tweaking on positions - put suli in the and idris on opposite centres, and push naiqama out to the wing.
Image

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6867
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:40 pm

Seantice wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:25 pm
He cant replace anyone. There is no one to replace with. Reserves are going just as bad as 1st grade...
That may be so but unless we make changes we certainly aren't going to improve.
We keep doing the same thing and we'll keep getting the same results.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:44 pm

Dont expect to many changes, but from next week i would think he will start to play around with the team.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27536
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:53 pm

jctiger wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm
Can't see him making any changes. Will probably give them all a chance to prove they deserve to stay in the team.
I expect next week to be different story though
My thoughts as well

Trisdar
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Trisdar » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:09 pm

Next week would be changes. This week - all spots are up for grabs boys, show me you want to be here.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6822
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:16 pm

Liddle will be in for Ballin,can't see any other changes. I would like to see Moses at 7 and Rankin at 6...but doubt it will happen. Sorry to say it but we do not have 17 players capable of beating the Cows, but I do expect plenty of effort

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:24 pm

jctiger wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm
Can't see him making any changes. Will probably give them all a chance to prove they deserve to stay in the team.
I expect next week to be different story though
Dont know what a difference a week makes IMO but I think we have to take the best team possible to Townsville. If Ivan wants to make a statement I think it starts right about now whilst he's picking the team right now.
I really believe wing centre half and second row need changes. But whatever team he delivers I will be interested how we go.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27851
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:26 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:16 pm
Liddle will be in for Ballin,can't see any other changes. I would like to see Moses at 7 and Rankin at 6...but doubt it will happen. Sorry to say it but we do not have 17 players capable of beating the Cows, but I do expect plenty of effort
I doubt we will either SC.... but it's basically the same team bar Idris/Simona McIlwrick/Halatau that did last year at Leichhardt...

It would be a miracle tho... but Blue Moons do happen...

Liddle was good in ISP last week..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:49 pm

I doubt there will be any surprises this afternoon but just imagine if a 21 squad like this were named:

1 Tedesco
2 Nofo
3 Idris
4 Suli
5 Hunt
6 Moses
7 Littlejohn
8 Woods
9 McIlwrick
10 Sue (20 minutes of high impact and then another 20 minutes at the end of the game, after a 40 minute rest)
11 Chee Kam
12 JJ Felise/ Tatola
13 Aloiai

14 Liddle
15 Taylor
16 Ava
17 Grant

18 Tatola/ Felise
19 Heleta
20 Lawrence
21 Lovett
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6822
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:26 pm
supercoach wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:16 pm
Liddle will be in for Ballin,can't see any other changes. I would like to see Moses at 7 and Rankin at 6...but doubt it will happen. Sorry to say it but we do not have 17 players capable of beating the Cows, but I do expect plenty of effort
I doubt we will either SC.... but it's basically the same team bar Idris/Simona McIlwrick/Halatau that did last year at Leichhardt...

It would be a miracle tho... but Blue Moons do happen...

Liddle was good in ISP last week..
Geo, I know mate I was at that game and was probably the best game they have played in years, but i am afraid they have gone backwards big time this year. Just to many reserve graders coming up against a very good side. I am expecting them to have a dig and show more than they have over the past month but they will still come second and by a margin

Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah agree with most on here, I don't know why he'd make any major changes.. Would only be substituting players who were injured etc. He's barely been with the squad a couple of days.... and I'm sure will give them all the opportunity to prove their place under his watch.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 2:01 pm

I hope he drops Kev and Idris brings MCK and Suli into the centres with Justin Hunt on the wing.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 2:15 pm

I think Hunt deserves a spot there somewhere even if he played in the halves. He's got more skill and probably quicker than JLJ.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Post Reply