Chris Lawrence 200

Eddie

Re: Chris Lawrence 200

Post by Eddie » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:06 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 11:05 am
Eddie wrote:
Wed 05 Apr, 2017 11:17 pm
It is 100 to many however he does his best every week.

He is an honest at they come in terms of effort.

His body is just a train wreak.
Sometimes Eddie I think you really misplace your words.

Say what you want about Lawrence, about his talent or lack of it, that's an opinion. I personally think he is definitely first-grade quality, he's not one of the better second rowers but that's true of most forwards in the comp, they can't all be superstars.

And with his heavily reduced / drawn out contract, he's not on much money. It's not his fault he had such a good deal previously, he was arguably one of the best centre prospects Tigers have ever had, and I think it's a credit to him that he reinvented his game such that he's still a competitive forward. Luke Lewis is one of the few footballers I can think of who successfully made that transition, and he's not just a rare talent, he moved to the backrow not so long into his career.

But about his body being a train wreck - have you seen Lawrence? He's pretty damned fit and strong looking for a train wreck. In the last 3 years he's played 21, 19 and 22 games, which is decently consistent for a forward. As a comparison, Sauaso Sue played 18, 23 and 21 games in that same period.

He's not a train wreck, you speak out of turn, he's just not the physical powerhouse he was 7 years ago. Age comes for us all, as they say.
His body is a train wreak mate. He was an Australian Centre in 2011 and now he is a sub par back rower who would struggle to outrun a prop. I remember Mannering running him down at Leichhardt one day it was sad to see.

You said it yourself, he is not the physical powerhouse he was 7 years ago.

He looks in pain in plenty of games. Im not talking about getting through games. Im talking about ability to shift lateral, play the ball without complications, hit the hole without dropping it. His coordination is off.

Effort and desire get him through so I wish him all the best.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:32 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:05 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:56 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:27 am
Tacky wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:09 am
Say what you will about Chris Lawrence but, he's the only one who seems to feel loyal to the club. He's also putting in 100% every week. I'm hoping that Ivan can get the best football out of Rowdy.
Mate he really had no choice but to be loyal as he wouldn't have got any interest from other clubs. Dislocated hip ruined his career simple.

Its sad that in a thread that's meant to be something positive about one of the club's longest serving players that his detractors still need to get their digs in.

Did you same the same thing for other long serving players?
If you can show me a thread congratulating another long term player for reaching a milestone where i've taken a cheap shot i'll happily point out my hypocracy.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:49 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:06 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Say what you want about Lawrence, about his talent or lack of it, that's an opinion. I personally think he is definitely first-grade quality, he's not one of the better second rowers but that's true of most forwards in the comp, they can't all be superstars.

And with his heavily reduced / drawn out contract, he's not on much money. It's not his fault he had such a good deal previously, he was arguably one of the best centre prospects Tigers have ever had, and I think it's a credit to him that he reinvented his game such that he's still a competitive forward. Luke Lewis is one of the few footballers I can think of who successfully made that transition, and he's not just a rare talent, he moved to the backrow not so long into his career.

But about his body being a train wreck - have you seen Lawrence? He's pretty damned fit and strong looking for a train wreck. In the last 3 years he's played 21, 19 and 22 games, which is decently consistent for a forward. As a comparison, Sauaso Sue played 18, 23 and 21 games in that same period.

He's not a train wreck, you speak out of turn, he's just not the physical powerhouse he was 7 years ago. Age comes for us all, as they say.
His body is a train wreak mate. He was an Australian Centre in 2011 and now he is a sub par back rower who would struggle to outrun a prop. I remember Mannering running him down at Leichhardt one day it was sad to see.

He looks in pain in plenty of games. Im not talking about getting through games. Im talking about ability to shift lateral, play the ball without complications, hit the hole without dropping it. His coordination is off.

There's a difference between not being as fast as you used to be, and being a train wreck. Look at the Robbie Farah videos on line, he used to be a real whippet, he's nothing like that now.

Dropping the ball or not dropping the ball is not evidence of physical woes. They are out there on the footy field getting smashed for 80 minutes, that's the test of the body, not handling. Unless you've recently broken your hands.

Benji got run down by Ben Smith one day, his body was a train wreck then too? Actually Benji got run down by Tamou as well. Todd Burns got run down by Scott Sattler. Jake Mamo got run down by Josh Starling. Dylan Napa caught Edrick Lee.

Lawrence gets through games, plays most games in a season and is signed on for a few more years. But you think he looks in pain, he doesn't play the ball properly (?) and therefore his body is done?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 3:48 pm

I thought Lawrence was running pretty hard out of our end against both the Storm and the Dragons making yards...meh..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 4:03 pm

For all that is said about Chris he speaks well when interviewed..well done a great achievement .

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 5:05 pm

Well done, great milestone.
If we get an improved Brooks next year we may get a better Lawrence as a result.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 5:33 pm

Lawrence is Mark O'Neill 2.0.

He plays exactly the same and is just as lame.

Can't wait to see him get canned with the rest of them. 😁
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 5:51 pm

gatorman wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm
Congratulations Chris on your 200 !.

Would have loved to see you as the club captain.

Far more resolve and intelligence than Woods.
He may get the (c) next to his name yet.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 6:04 pm

A great clubman. Eddie didn't he even show up at Leichhardt to watch your matyr boy play reserve grade

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 7:17 pm

A great servent of the Tigers, a great clubman , a player who despite his injuries I've never seen him not put in 100%. As good as he was in his prime he has always come across as an even better bloke.

Make him Club captain (not nessecarily on field) let him do the media and the appearances etc.

The disrespect by Moses to do this on the week plays his 200th game - you'd never see that hapen or be allowed to happen at the Storm or the Broncos - they have respect

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

Regardless of the support and criticism he got in this thread there is one thing i have to add
Not everyone is privileged to play 200 games.
Im sure he will be proud and for once we all should be too ..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 6:46 pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... _chri.html

One-on-One with Chris Lawrence

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Fri 7th April, 06:00PM

Ahead of his 200th NRL game, we sat down with Chris Lawrence for an insightful interview about his career so far and what lies ahead for the 28-year-old.

Watch the interview above to see what Chris had to say ahead of his 200th game!

“I just want to do whatever I can to get this Club back to where it belongs.” — Chris Lawrence

--------------------------------------

Great interview from Rowdy...It's what you want to hear from your Leaders...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:03 pm

Congratulations Chris on 200 games, a true Tiger.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:07 pm

@WestsTigers

Following
More
“I just want to do whatever I can to get this Club back to where it belongs.”

— @chrislawrence04 ahead of #Rowdy200.

Love this statement.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:10 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:49 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:06 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Eddie wrote:

There's a difference between not being as fast as you used to be, and being a train wreck. Look at the Robbie Farah videos on line, he used to be a real whippet, he's nothing like that now.

Dropping the ball or not dropping the ball is not evidence of physical woes. They are out there on the footy field getting smashed for 80 minutes, that's the test of the body, not handling. Unless you've recently broken your hands.

Benji got run down by Ben Smith one day, his body was a train wreck then too? Actually Benji got run down by Tamou as well. Todd Burns got run down by Scott Sattler. Jake Mamo got run down by Josh Starling. Dylan Napa caught Edrick Lee.

Lawrence gets through games, plays most games in a season and is signed on for a few more years. But you think he looks in pain, he doesn't play the ball properly (?) and therefore his body is done?
I stand by what I said.

He will be forced into an early retirement.

He started real early - how old was he 17? Plus a heap of injuries.

Wayne Rooney's body is a train track as well.

Same sort of example.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 6:04 pm
A great clubman. Eddie didn't he even show up at Leichhardt to watch your matyr boy play reserve grade
Yeah, they should have given him a pair of boots he would not have looked out of place.

Anyway, I don't begrudge Lawrence.

I would rather he captain the side in the short term rather then Woods.

He has always upheld good values and he plays hard.

He is done as a first grader though, has been for about 5 years.

rialto

Post by rialto » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:40 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:48 am
Well done to him, he's had some godawful injuries and he still gives it his all. Not the player he was but he never dogs it and always puts in for those around him.
X2

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 10:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:56 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:27 am
Tacky wrote:
Thu 06 Apr, 2017 9:09 am
Say what you will about Chris Lawrence but, he's the only one who seems to feel loyal to the club. He's also putting in 100% every week. I'm hoping that Ivan can get the best football out of Rowdy.
Mate he really had no choice but to be loyal as he wouldn't have got any interest from other clubs. Dislocated hip ruined his career simple.
He turned down massive dollars from the Dogs right before the hip injury. Safe to say he's loyal.

Its sad that in a thread that's meant to be something positive about one of the club's longest serving players that his detractors still need to get their digs in.

Well done Rowdy. Club legend.
Agree GNR, The detractors could of at least stopped their poisoned tongues for one thread.

For those talking of him going to ESL or cutting him - are you going to pay the 600K?

Anyway - well done Rowdy, have loved watching you play and appreciate all your efforts for the Tigers.