Live game thread - Contains spoilers

magpiecol

Re: Live game thread - Contains spoilers

Post by magpiecol » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:32 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 6:04 am
Missed out on the game due to work, but that was a good read. I see we fell into our usual crap though in the 2nd half, but hey, at least we got a try, it's a start.

Must have been some great defence though, the Cowboys had a bit of ball.
Both teams seemed to be fatigued in the second half. It is after all Townsville (very humid).

Could have been a far better win if Moses kicks all the goals and Chee Cam (who had a great game) held unto the ball over the tryline (and next to the posts).

The defense was terrific. The swapping of Kevin and Suli was great and long overdue. That Suli is going to be a very, very good player.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 11:25 am

Agree Col.
I saw footage of ET late in the game.... We'd turned them away yet again.. They'd been hammering our line but our scramble was unbelievable, I was expecting us to crack but we held firm. A drop ball from them saw the pressure relieved - the image of ET hunched over, gasping for breath... Looked like he was near collapse... Was inspiring stuff. I havent been so emotional or caught up in one of our games for a long time.

We just need to find this effort and attitude- or as close to it as possible - on a weekly basis

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 11:38 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 11:25 am
Agree Col.
I saw footage of ET late in the game.... We'd turned them away yet again.. They'd been hammering our line but our scramble was unbelievable, I was expecting us to crack but we held firm. A drop ball from them saw the pressure relieved - the image of ET hunched over, gasping for breath... Looked like he was near collapse... Was inspiring stuff. I havent been so emotional or caught up in one of our games for a long time.

We just need to find this effort and attitude- or as close to it as possible - on a weekly basis
Unusually, I agree with Col as well, but more so with your words on Taylor. The guy was trailing everything last night, including their monster backrowers on the edges and putting much more work on the ground than any other. Any wonder he had a high missed tackle count, as he was everywhere.