JLJ..the fill in...

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

JLJ..the fill in...

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

I have to say for all the supporters on here that constantly call for JLJs head are way off the mark...just to put it into perspective,he is filling in for the injured L.Brooks,who has just signed a new contract worth around 550k for two years,JLJ is on nowhere near that money and still goes out there and has a go..
Ok he makes some mistakes as does the 3.1 million for 3 years rookie,the up and coming touted to be SOO hooker in a few years in Liddle,Aloilai,Moses, Woods and even the great Teddy,they all make errors at times.JLJ is a very good back up player and that is what he does,the obstruction call against him was a deadset flog,it was a try for all money and he was there backing up,should have had a try against his name,he made something like 26 tackles during the game,not a bad effort..I'm just saying he deserves some credit for at least giving his best,very much like Rankin,might not be brilliant or NRL quality to some,but goes out and does his best and don't forget these are our depth players and we haven't got much..
I do support the whole team when we play,I don't just pick individual players to support,great effort JLJ for doing your best filling in for our regular halfback...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clokan » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:20 am

Agree, wouldn't expect he is on a lot of coin. provides some depth and does a good job of filling in.

kingbrooks
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by kingbrooks » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:24 am

great backup and could play 1s next year maybe

if he costs us 100g i wuold amost rather him than like a a foran for 1 mil and then we can put that money to other key areas cause we still hav brooks in the halves
Last edited by kingbrooks on Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

nrlcountrytiger

Unread post by nrlcountrytiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:24 am

I like him he makes good first contact in defense and throws a decent ball he's better then alot of players now IMO I honestly think if brooks played last night Cohen scores 4 trys Jack did well to only let him in once and he still hung on I'm not sure Brooks would have been up to it

criwdfluffer
Has liked: 15 times

Unread post by criwdfluffer » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:32 am

I'm not a fan. He tries but that isn't good enough for a first grade half.

Sweating on brooks return.

Tigertigertiger

Unread post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:32 am

JLJ reminds me of the movie...The Other Guys

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:36 am

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:32 am
I'm not a fan. He tries but that isn't good enough for a first grade half.

Sweating on brooks return.
We all are,however JLJ is who was selected,remember we have scarce talent in the depth department,he does ok,and there are much worse getting more money than him in the NRL..

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:41 am

Very average footballer. I have nothing against the guy as he would be on limited coin but he clearly doesn't have the ability to be a permanent first grader.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:51 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:41 am
Very average footballer. I have nothing against the guy as he would be on limited coin but he clearly doesn't have the ability to be a permanent first grader.
I don't think anyone expects him to be a permanent first grader,the topic of the conversation is that he gets bagged out for his playing style and errors,he is a fillin and as such does a reasonable job,he laid his body on the line a couple of times last night when I really think Brooks would have arm grabbed,don't really know but on his previous defensive lapses I think Brooks would have missed some..JLJ did something like 26 tackles,a fair effort for a fillin halfback....

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:54 am

Tried his best and defended hard. Yes he's nowhere near as good as Brooks in attack but his defence is miles better. He earned every penny of what limited coin he's on last night.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:04 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:51 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:41 am
I don't think anyone expects him to be a permanent first grader,the topic of the conversation is that he gets bagged out for his playing style and errors,he is a fillin and as such does a reasonable job,he laid his body on the line a couple of times last night when I really think Brooks would have arm grabbed,don't really know but on his previous defensive lapses I think Brooks would have missed some..JLJ did something like 26 tackles,a fair effort for a fillin halfback....
I haven't seen him slammed that much. In fact, I have seen some members saying (laughably) that he should permanently replace Brooks.

JLJ is a tough little bugger but things like that woeful kick happen at least once a game with him.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:05 am

Sure when he plays FG he is value for money. He certainly put his body on the line. No doubting any of that.

What is evident is that while he is good depth he isn't a regular first grader.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:12 am

He is ok not our long term answer for success.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:15 am

"the fill in", per the thread title describes him perfectly.

Brooks has his deficiencies as we are all aware, but is head and shoulders above JLJ as an overall footballer. Whilst I have always supported Brooks, despite thinking Moses was the better of the two, the big thing for me now is that he has committed to my team and now I will commit to continue supporting him, poor reads and all.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:33 am

I think half of you are wrong.

Note guys he has played less than 15 NRL games.

I think he would be a good replacement for Moses at 5/8. He is a good defender for a half, has a pretty good kicking game, a quick thinker (note the Ave try last night), and his style would be a good complement to Brooks.

I would be almost sure Cleary could turn him into a good 5/8 for us - hasn't got a big head, not full of himself, listens to what is said and follows game plans and not going to break the bank at this stage.

Jack Bird, Cronk, Johnson are all pie in the sky stuff. JLJ for me and not just as a fill in.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:35 am

He gets the job done but to me he seems to be holding back a little

Being conservative instead of backing himself
Nothing wrong with that as he may get better with more 1st grade games

I just hope sometimes he stops playing in the shadows of people like Brooks and Moses and stamps his own authority

He needs to as he is only young, he doesnt want to spend most of his career in reserve grade

hobbo
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:37 am

Average at best .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:40 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
Sun 09 Apr, 2017 10:37 am
Average at best .
Ouch, dont be so sharp

He MIGHT blossom into more than just average

Remember, he is only 25 .
Perhaps a few more games in a team performance like last night will give me the extra leg

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”