WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Parramatta

Post by TCL » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 8:57 pm

He is on the bus for now, but he has to sit up front next to the coach for being naughty.


User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm

No surprises with the team, hopefully Suli and Naqama swap and Rankin doesn't go anywhere near a football.
I'm wondering why Felise and Tatola aren't getting a run in the 17 though...
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:32 pm

Moses should be sitting at the back of the bus next to the toilet
Tigers tragic since 1980.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 11:26 pm

Hunt and Rankin will continually get picked in those extended bench spots as they can cover the whole backline.
Remember only these 21 players can play on game day, so you need to have a bit of versatility in the case of training injuries, illness etc.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2536
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 1:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 4:08 pm
I hope Kev Banana is pushed out to the wing again...
Then after that front row

Of the grandstand


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2536
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 1:39 pm

Earl wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 8:49 pm
I think Moses should stay with us until the end of the year unless we have a suitable replacement.
I agree unless Parra stump up a lot is cash or a good player swap.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 1:56 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm
No surprises with the team, hopefully Suli and Naqama swap and Rankin doesn't go anywhere near a football.
I'm wondering why Felise and Tatola aren't getting a run in the 17 though...
Who do you think they should be getting a run ahead of? Based on ISP results I don't think they've been tearing it up this season. From the bits of ISP games I've listened to Jordan Grant has been the pick of the ISP props.

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 2:17 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 12 Apr, 2017 1:56 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm
No surprises with the team, hopefully Suli and Naqama swap and Rankin doesn't go anywhere near a football.
I'm wondering why Felise and Tatola aren't getting a run in the 17 though...
Who do you think they should be getting a run ahead of? Based on ISP results I don't think they've been tearing it up this season. From the bits of ISP games I've listened to Jordan Grant has been the pick of the ISP props.
I don't think they've quite earned their place in the 17. Felise is still working on getting his fitness back most likely.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 4:10 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm
No surprises with the team, hopefully Suli and Naqama swap and Rankin doesn't go anywhere near a football.
I'm wondering why Felise and Tatola aren't getting a run in the 17 though...
Grant and Sue are getting the job done up front for us.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 7:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 5:25 pm
The Milkster posted an article where Noffa strongly alluded to this being Moses' last hurrah with us. If that's the case, how could you possibly pick him this week? Not suggesting he'd throw the game, but seeing how he"s likely to be joining our opponents the next day, us losing won't affect him, and Parra winning would benefit him. Ridiculous scenario, and only one our club could possibly put themselves in.
If Mitch plays it is beyond dumb.
He wants to play in a team that will play finals footy. Why would he play well against the Eels, and jeopardise their finals chances if he is joining them the next day?
Those two points might end up being crucial, and what if it's us who pips them to an 8th spot (ideally)?
If his heart isn't with us today; it sure as hell won't be with us on Monday.
Defies logic.
GNR you asked on another thread how to criticise Cleary when he has done all the right things so far. I agreed with you. But IF Mitch plays then this has got to be a blip surely.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Wed 12 Apr, 2017 7:45 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Wed 12 Apr, 2017 7:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Apr, 2017 5:25 pm
The Milkster posted an article where Noffa strongly alluded to this being Moses' last hurrah with us. If that's the case, how could you possibly pick him this week? Not suggesting he'd throw the game, but seeing how he"s likely to be joining our opponents the next day, us losing won't affect him, and Parra winning would benefit him. Ridiculous scenario, and only one our club could possibly put themselves in.
If Mitch plays it is beyond dumb.
He wants to play in a team that will play finals footy. Why would he play well against the Eels, and jeopardise their finals chances if he is joining them the next day?
Those two points might end up being crucial, and what if it's us who pips them to an 8th spot (ideally)?
If his heart isn't with us today; it sure as hell won't be with us on Monday.
Defies logic.
GNR you asked on another thread how to criticise Cleary when he has done all the right things so far. I agreed with you. But IF Mitch plays then this has got to be a blip surely.
I get what you're saying, and hope it doesn't come down to a field goal in golden point because then I'll be fuming if he misses a shot lol. However, you would have to think that no one would want to play with a guy who would deliberately dog it, even those scummy para-sites.

He is clearly still mates with the other players at WT, so it would be a new low even for us if he deliberately cost them the game.

Ivan's job is to convince them all that it's the same as last week, including Mitch's role.

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 4:00 pm

Until brooks gets back we dont have a choice.. Id make him wait til we have our first buy before we release him.. for a player swap.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 9:27 am

As Mitch has cost WT a fortune in training up to date and we dislodged other players for him so only sign an early release for massive payout in our favour. Should not be released at all to keep faith with the fans who paid membership in knowing he would be playing the whole year. We have had enough of fan-base splitting during the Farah saga.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28472
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 9:34 am

I reckon Mitch only should do the old grand final jersey swap with his opposite number at full time
Sure to set a few tongues wagging

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 2021
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 9:51 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 9:27 am
As Mitch has cost WT a fortune in training up to date and we dislodged other players for him so only sign an early release for massive payout in our favour. Should not be released at all to keep faith with the fans who paid membership in knowing he would be playing the whole year. We have had enough of fan-base splitting during the Farah saga.
x2

No respect for WT fans from jokeNRL or Moses :twisted:
WT shall be compensated for developing junior players, e.g 30% of contract & TPAs a player receives,
so if Moses gets $1M, WT shall receive $300k.
Anyhow, mid-year transfers shall not be allowed. :sign:

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:05 am

Apparently the NRL takes the view that players belong to the game and not any individual clubs. This is the reason why they do not reward clubs for developing juniors.

I don't really know how funding of grassroots occurs i.e. how much the game a s whole puts in compared to clubs, so can't really comment.

Obviously, from a club perspective, the key is to develop a program where you get the best from 17 years old but do not spend much earlier than that as it will probably be wasted money.

Our location, facilities and reputation don't help us with such a strategy. So, we have to spend more on players at an earlier age in the hope they will "stick" once they reach 17.

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 2:39 pm

Edwards playing NSW Cup but Rankin isn't . Late change in the backline might be coming up .

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 2:49 pm

Will Moses actually play on Monday?

Post Reply