Let the cat go

tiga4eva

Re: Let the cat go

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:24 pm

Corey Norman played in a dinner suit and kicked astutely,Moses was pathetic. Sadly,he was trying,he didn't tank,he's just got no game smarts. Rushing to take the tap when the penalty would've put us 14 up was petulant,and his final 20mins were rubbish. But the thing that annoyed me more was when Parra players were pulling Woods hair after he knocked on,and he just turned and accepted it. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. He knocked a winger over after he had scored a try,but he's never run that hard at an opposition forward. I'll drop the pair of them off to any Club they wish.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:26 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:50 pm
VanillaThunder wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 5:57 pm
Thought he had his usual game, so no qualms there, but dead set post-game interview when Andy Raymond asks which dressing room he goes to now, Mitch says "I've got no idea."
Hope his team 'mates' see that and give the bloke the old Fa'alogo on the way out.
I think it is underhand of the interviewers to ask him questions about contracts immediately after a game when still out on the field. They should be talking about the game and not the player. It was an appropriate non answer. They did the same last week - not a good look for the interviewer.
It was after a few questions about the game, but regardless, it shouldn't be too hard for Mitch (who's supposedly so bothered by the off field drama) to just put his head down and say "Tigers mate, I've got a contract til the end of the year". Journalists are paid to get those sorts of quotes and Moses couldn't have made it easier.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:28 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:08 pm
king sirro wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:43 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:38 pm
Earl wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:27 pm

Pretty close to spot on. Woods isn't worth the money or anywhere close to it. If he goes I think we will be better off. $850k for Moses is plain dumb. You could put LittleJohn in there and spend that money elsewhere.
JLJ isnt up to it. People will call me crazy for suggesting it but if we allowed Brooks to play both sides we could almost play ET in a Foran type roll in a pinch. Would mean a very direct and boring grinding style of play, but we could be up for it, we have found a fortitude of late that breaks down only when we ditch the script.
Ive said ET at 6 for weeks. I believe we have 2 options, the safe defensive option is to play Elijah there. The risky option is to play Liddle at 6. JLJ does things too slowly under pressure, Liddle has that natural speed in everything he does. I also think McIlwrick is the best option at hooker and can play 80. Big ask on Liddle, but it could work, or could be a disaster.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I just cant see Liddle as a 9. He is just too small. However he is lightning fast. Can pass and kick. Id play him at 6. Id play mcwillrick for 80 minutes every week. Thats the only way he will eventually become a 80 minute player. Id say mcwillrick is the form NSW hooker at the moment.
Agree. I think Liddle at 6 is an option worth trying at the moment. McIllwrick has made the 9 his own.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:33 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:24 pm
Corey Norman played in a dinner suit and kicked astutely,Moses was pathetic. Sadly,he was trying,he didn't tank,he's just got no game smarts. Rushing to take the tap when the penalty would've put us 14 up was petulant,and his final 20mins were rubbish. But the thing that annoyed me more was when Parra players were pulling Woods hair after he knocked on,and he just turned and accepted it. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. He knocked a winger over after he had scored a try,but he's never run that hard at an opposition forward. I'll drop the pair of them off to any Club they wish.
Woods is still playing too many minutes , IN SOO watch him run with some zing

Over the next few days I'm going to rewatch Moses and his game , and record his mistakes on the Forum

Won't change anything I realize but people who don't think their is a possibility he might have tanked might want to do the same

He was better in the first half than the second

NRL players can't possibly miss hit so many kicks down the throats of opposition players , I'm sorry

NRL needs to review this game and duly act

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:35 pm

I would look at the referee before Moses if you wer elooking for a per-determined outcome.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:42 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:32 pm
Littlejohn isn't a first grader
Neither is Moses

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:45 pm

Honestly, the kid put in his all for us today. Yeah he didn't have his best game but he could have faked an injury or just not involved himself in anything. But no, he did involve himself and his support for Tedesco got us back in the game, scoring that try.

He was in the game for us, he played to his fullest and showed some heart. Yelling at Gutherson to put him off his game whilst taking the kick and most importantly throwing the ball in disgust when we lost just goes to show he was playing with reason.

We all have to keep in mind that he has been playing in a rabble Tigers side the whole of his career, behind a weak pack and without an experienced halves partner. Brooks played alongside Anasta for a fair few games and was able to take the backseat, Moses never had this privilege.

The whole of his career, Moses has had pressure on him.

I think he is being harshly criticised, if it was his last game, I wish him the best of luck but hope he never sees a win at the expense of ours.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:47 pm

Ivan should have stuck the cat in the bag tied it up as he drove the bus past the local creek and dropped it in

Live crab pot bait always works better ...

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:33 pm
tiga4eva wrote:

Over the next few days I'm going to rewatch Moses and his game , and record his mistakes on the Forum

Won't change anything I realize but people who don't think their is a possibility he might have tanked might want to do the same

NRL players can't possibly miss hit so many kicks down the throats of opposition players , I'm sorry

His kicking game today is no differrnt to his rubbish kicking gsme all year. They might want to look at all his games this year as this game was no different.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:00 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:57 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:33 pm
tiga4eva wrote:

His kicking game today is no differrnt to his rubbish kicking gsme all year. They might want to look at all his games this year as this game was no different.
No at least his bombs created some sort of chance , you had a new winger he could of targeted at the very least .....

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:28 am

Mitch is gone for all intent but I don't agree with the idea of being able to turn Luke's game around in a reasonable time. By the sounds of other threads we would have to sort of remake the guy psychologically as well as game wise all while opposition packs are scoring tens over us. Can he play winger instead, he is not big enough for the middle of the field.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 3:36 am

Earl wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:27 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:18 pm
I'm just glad the Tigers are saving their cash for a 6 that actually deserves it. Let's break it down:

Eels are reportedly paying $850k per year for a bloke who struggles defensively, has an average kicking game at best, and today it was extremely poor, and when the game is on the line, fails to come up with match winning plays. Moses is no loss. Tedesco and Woods on the other hand are.
Pretty close to spot on. Woods isn't worth the money or anywhere close to it. If he goes I think we will be better off. $850k for Moses is plain dumb. You could put LittleJohn in there and spend that money elsewhere.
It's not that Moses isn't worth the money he is asking, Ok I don't think he is. Moses is good at breaking the line, setting up tries and is a decent 5/8. He ISNT what we need at 5/8 at the moment.

We need solid defenders, we need a good kicker desperately and to control the ball play. Normally that's a 7, but a 6 can do the kicking and positioning too (Jamie Soward comes to mind, Lochyer and Monahan? too). Moses can't get us what we want in this exact position. For all Benji's faults he can kick and he got to be a better defender later on.

We never though had that halfback that lead us around the park. If Robert Lui could have not defocated himself with his behaviour I suspect we would have stayed as a top 4 team. If not for him you would have to go back to Scott Prince to find us with that kind of a halfback.

So what am I saying? If Cooper Cronk will do a 1 year contract, HIRE HIM.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:43 am

Moses didnt tank, Thats the way he plays. When we were 12 up we should of taken the kick @ goal, It changes the game & maybe we hang on who knows ?. Let him go, but we get a player off them.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:14 am

stevied wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought the thread was about Woods too. Moses's kicking was poor, as it often is, but I actually thought he was quite good in the first half. Woodsy was soft today.
I actually think the game turned and the momentum stalled when Woods came back on! And he's our captain FGS!!

Moses was Moses, the odd flash of brilliance but mostly ineffective. That's what we expect of him. How he can command $850K a season is unfathomable. Good on ya Parra. You can have him. NOW please!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:14 am

Gee there has been a lot of hysterics on here given we lost the game by 4 and against a side that was fairly highly rated at the beginning of the year.

Yes, Moses managed the game poorly but he also had an excellent first 50 minutes. Yes, Woods didnt galvanise the troops but has he ever apart from that one game against Manly at Leichhardt a few years ago.

We play very well in parts and not so well in other parts. So, typical Tigers. I will say this Moses was scintillating at times early on yesterday and was a big reason for our up tempo attack at that time. He will do very well in an Eels side where Corey Norman will be responsible for game management.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:21 am

dont think corey norman and moses will work that well honestly. Both too similar.

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:07 am

Seantice wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:21 am
dont think corey norman and moses will work that well honestly. Both too similar.
Completely agree. Interesting Beau Scott only played 21 mins yesterday.

Player swap on the cards if a deal is to be struck between clubs.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:07 am

Wow apparently he hasn't even been man enough to approach Cleary himself and ask for a release . All done through his manager. Man up mate.