Let the cat go

tigerap

Re: Let the cat go

Post by tigerap » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:11 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:07 am
Wow apparently he hasn't even been man enough to approach Cleary himself and ask for a release . All done through his manager. Man up mate.

I would say thats more his Managers strategy than his

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:23 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:32 pm
Littlejohn isn't a first grader
That's probably why he fits in so well with half of our present team

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:26 am

Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:27 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Just your opinion, I assume?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:29 am

Newtown wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:26 am
Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.
How do you know this Newtown?

Surprised the Moses camp would foreshadow this ahead of time.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:30 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:27 am
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Just your opinion, I assume?
Of course it, its a forum. But is an opinion I imagine is shared by many. I like JLJ but a first grader he aint.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:36 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:29 am
Newtown wrote:

There was an SMH or DT article about it.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:44 am

They are just adding various snippets and stitching it up to make a story. Yes there is a chance things could play out like that...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:45 am

Look at it from Parra's side. I have no comment on Mitch's game but if he is perceived as not playing well are we breaking good will and consumer laws by on-selling him? Does he go with a first grade standard warranty and free replacement guarantee.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:52 am

Let Moses go for a swap!!!

Have a look at "Zero Tackle" and the list of Parramatta players off contrack in 2017 and tell me there is someone on there that you would want. They are all duds.

Parramatta are not going to let a player on contract go, even if we wanted one of them for
a swap. Brown etc. they will not let go.

So where does that leave us - Parramatta pay 250-300k for him and we let him go, persist with him in the NRL or drop him.

If it is the last who do we replace him with - I don't think ET works on a permanent basis. Littlejohn will work with Brooks (and give him the kicks), or try Liddle but I think that is throwing him to the wolves.

Not much of choice methinks.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:01 am

He should be made an example of and relegated for the season. Perfectly justifiable to do so.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:11 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:14 am
Gee there has been a lot of hysterics on here given we lost the game by 4 and against a side that was fairly highly rated at the beginning of the year.

Yes, Moses managed the game poorly but he also had an excellent first 50 minutes. Yes, Woods didnt galvanise the troops but has he ever apart from that one game against Manly at Leichhardt a few years ago.

We play very well in parts and not so well in other parts. So, typical Tigers. I will say this Moses was scintillating at times early on yesterday and was a big reason for our up tempo attack at that time. He will do very well in an Eels side where Corey Norman will be responsible for game management.
Interesting slant on it.
You could also say we lost against team that hadn't won in 5 weeks after we lead them by 12 and should've been 14 at least

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:22 am

Parra won't finish much higher than us. They are ordinary. Those kind's of losses sting though. They take a few days to get over.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:22 am

Parra won't finish much higher than us. They are ordinary. Those kind's of losses sting though. They take a few days to get over.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:25 am

southerntiger wrote:
Newtown wrote:

I read the newspaper report confirming this last night.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:36 am

southerntiger wrote:
Newtown wrote:

It was spoken about last night on one of the footy shows

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:42 am

I have been very critical of Moses, and I am very comfortable with him signing with Parra next year.

However, he did have a go yesterday. He is the typical downhill skier, goes well when the team is doing well and puts the icing on the cake, but when the team is not performing he bottles it as he is not the player who can direct the team around the park. He tried for 80 minutes yesterday, his running game was good in the first half and his passing game was OK as well, but his kicking game was woeful all game and he fell away when the team looked to him to create something. I believe this was coupled with Matty Mc coming off though, I really think the wheels feel off when he left the field.

Finally, he should not be released unless he cedes his salary for the remainder of the season or Parramatta are willing to swap Scott or Brown for him. Scott is the type of player we need on the edges. If neither of the aforementioned eventuate, he should be acquainted with the Maggies RMC team.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:56 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:07 am
Wow apparently he hasn't even been man enough to approach Cleary himself and ask for a release . All done through his manager. Man up mate.
Moses will probably bring a note from his mum .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !