Two very poor decisions

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4137
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Two very poor decisions

Post by formerguest » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:40 pm

stevied wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:31 pm
The other poor decision was the penalty on Taylor for supposedly interfering with the man playing the ball. It was a classic tackle and he had no way of getting out of the way and avoid the milking that took place. Parra scored in the next six.
Yeah, another harsh one.


Trisdar
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Trisdar » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:45 pm

Moses tried to take the quick tap twice before he took it. Woods wasn't on the field then. We need co captains. My vote ET.

Tone
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Tone » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:02 pm

Mr 66% probably would have missed the kick anyhow!

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm

It was a completely (can't disguise swearing) house performance from Ben Cummins today

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:02 pm

Too much of a "it's just a game attitude" from our team. All the backslapping and smiles with the opposition after the game does my head in. Boys, you conceded 3 tries in the last 20 to lose the game! How you can find contentment and happiness in that immediately after the whistle is beyond me.
One of my sources is Pascoe


Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:05 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:39 pm
O well this side is t going to play in the finals so I suppose at the end of the day it doesn't matter how they lost ...I look forward to Cleary building us into a competitive team who turns up every week
Exactly. We arnt making the finals this year period... But next year is a whole new ballgame. I just want too see our underperforming players shipped out.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1706
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:05 pm

The ref was an absolute joke today, it has been said above but it has to be up there as some of the worst decisions ever.

When Tedesco got tackled around the neck from a high, careless, swinging arm, not only was there no penalty or sin bin, (i think it was Takairangi) held Tedesco on the ground for 20 seconds to let his team get back onside. It was clear that he was holding him down longer and the tigers were certain to score the next play. That is a clear sin-binning for a professional foul.

And I think the refs need to go to Specsavers or read the rulebook because the "forward pass" in the first half was in no way, shape or form a forward pass. The rule is that if the ball travels out of the hands backwards than the pass is legal. It was clear that the ball came out backwards and it may or may not have floated forwards but that is irrelevant.

There were many other disgraceful calls today but I think the ref should take off his Parramatta underpants and start learning the basic rules of Rugby League.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:07 pm

krayola wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:02 pm
Too much of a "it's just a game attitude" from our team. All the backslapping and smiles with the opposition after the game does my head in. Boys, you conceded 3 tries in the last 20 to lose the game! How you can find contentment and happiness in that immediately after the whistle is beyond me.
Agreed 100%!!. I would not talk to anyone if i was a tigers player today. Id be filthy all week! Get tommy raudonikis back here!!!

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:58 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:19 pm
Cummins did not referee the last 10 minutes. We should have had a few key penalties and a sinbinning that he refused to call. Liddle ran straight at an offside player right in fron of us and Cummins blatantly cheated by not blowing a penalty. It was as clear as they come.
I was at the game and even the Eels supporters couldn't believe the calls they were getting. Liddle being tackled by a player 5 metres offside are you kidding me. Tedesco high tackle is a penalty anyday of the week. And the sin binning???? It was so frustrating.

But honestly it felt good being a tigers supporter today. With the unfit cattle we have and a new coach the boys effort was outstanding.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:08 pm

I hoped that the new coach would start to point out some of those decisions in the press conference, but we got pushed against the wall by a poor refereeing performance, and rather than fighting back, we bent over again.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41519
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:42 pm

Milky wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:11 pm
What about the clothesline on Ted
If we'd been on the receiving end of that ,and we'd got penalized I would have been livid

Play on for my liking

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41519
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:45 pm

Trisdar wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:45 pm
Moses tried to take the quick tap twice before he took it. Woods wasn't on the field then. We need co captains. My vote ET.
Another pointer towards why the NRL needs to review this game

Look at the trainer behind the players , he pointed to the posts

And he didn't mean that's where he hoped we would score :brick:

Three scores would have really knocked Parra's confidence , especially seeing the up until today hadn't scored in the last 4 games in the final 20 according to the stats

Bengaliwolf
Member
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Bengaliwolf » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:29 pm

18thman wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:01 pm
Turning point for me was when we didn't take the 2 to put us 14 up.
Agree 100%. To me, this just showed that all Moses can think of is being the hero and going for the big play. Any other team takes the 2, then makes the next set 5 really hard hit ups with a pressure kick to the corner. Moses needs to learn that kind of control and forward thinking if he's going to live up to his price tag.

Who was the captain on the field at the time? I imagine Woods was having a break. Please don't tell me Moses was calling the shots.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2122
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:19 am

A few bad calls but imo our loss had more to do with our halves not icing the game when it was up for grabs. A more patience in attack and a better kicking game, we win that. Moses doing 30m grubber straight to fullback....I mean what is that? Better kicking sideways for touch, at least we get a break.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:35 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:42 pm
Milky wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:11 pm
What about the clothesline on Ted
If we'd been on the receiving end of that ,and we'd got penalized I would have been livid

Play on for my liking
Yes I agree once again happy...
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:54 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:58 pm
king sirro wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:19 pm
Cummins did not referee the last 10 minutes. We should have had a few key penalties and a sinbinning that he refused to call. Liddle ran straight at an offside player right in fron of us and Cummins blatantly cheated by not blowing a penalty. It was as clear as they come.
I was at the game and even the Eels supporters couldn't believe the calls they were getting. Liddle being tackled by a player 5 metres offside are you kidding me. Tedesco high tackle is a penalty anyday of the week. And the sin binning???? It was so frustrating.

But honestly it felt good being a tigers supporter today. With the unfit cattle we have and a new coach the boys effort was outstanding.
Did the refs call a penalty the entire second half? Both sides were allowed to creep offside all game, but Parra were getting away with murder at marker.

And that high shot, there was absolute disbelief in my area of the stands. Not saying we would have won it but with 5 mins to go, in front and 30m out, I was thinking about what option they'd take, not whether or not the ref would actually award a penalty. The Parra fans just laughed in grim surprise when they realised the ref had awarded a changeover. 100% of times that is a high shot, careless with no malice, but to be penalised. You can't tackle a bloke by the head or neck ever. And considering they gave a nothing shoulder charge penalty against us in the first half...

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 10:06 am

2 points were a must to get out to 14 , this puts doubt into the opposition as a draw is no longer an option
Bombs , we are poor so they needed to be along the ground towards the side or the opposition try line , not into there hands
Forward pass , should have been a try
Teddy high shot , we should have exploded , throw a couple , all run in , no we did nothing and made it easy for the ref
It was a Penalty for sure
Defence , we droped off or made bad decision

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 874
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:34 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:08 pm
I hoped that the new coach would start to point out some of those decisions in the press conference, but we got pushed against the wall by a poor refereeing performance, and rather than fighting back, we bent over again.
Do you really think that is the message that our players need to hear right now from the new coach? That its someone elses fault we lost the game after having a 12 point lead?

Im glad Cleary didnt raise it.

Post Reply