Two very poor decisions

Harvey

Re: Two very poor decisions

Post by Harvey » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:23 pm

Had Tedesco finished with a broken jaw and missed the next eight weeks, would it have been worthy of a mention then?
Not about saying the loss was not the players fault, but protecting your players and making sure the referees are held accountable

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:14 pm

With the forward pass call, we scored shortly after, so I'm happy to write that one off.

ET's penalty was mind-boggling, and when it led to a try in the next set, that really hurt us badly.

My section of the stands (bay 101 from memory) were in utter disbelief when we didn't get the penalty for Teddy being hit high. You could see the contact with the neck on the big screens.

When we had the penalty which might put us 14 up, I thought Moses looked immediately to the bench for what to do. I felt that we were very dominant at that stage and that another try would lead to a big win for us. I was happy enough with the decision, at the time.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:20 pm

I can't believe people are saying that we lost the game because we didn't take the 2.

Remember back to the Penrith game when we took the 2 and everyone on the forum blew up about it.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:47 pm

When we really needed to keep the ball in hand, I couldn't believe that Moses was kicking it on the third and fourth tackle. They weren't 40/20 attempts and they weren't attacking kicks, just giving them the ball back when we should have been completing our sets. This was a big factor in the loss imo, as we were tiring badly and shouldn't have put ourselves in a position of having to make extra tackles.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:56 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:20 pm
I can't believe people are saying that we lost the game because we didn't take the 2.

Remember back to the Penrith game when we took the 2 and everyone on the forum blew up about it.
You'll need to refresh my memory on this one

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 5:03 pm

Sitting high up in the grandstand, with our compressed defence Parra had the numbers every set. If they had a quality no6 their wing men would have got 4 meat pies each. We got lucky a couple of times when we were able to rush up and cut off a three man overlap, but the more you compress the more you roll the dice. Sadly we have to compress because our team has some very average defenders who need protecting. Anyway unlike what Webster said about our defence.."theres a quick fix", I think Cleary will work out a better system

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 6:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:56 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:20 pm

You'll need to refresh my memory on this one
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=28495

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 6:14 pm

It's a bit difficult to tell unless you keep an eye out on the coaches box throughout the match, but does Cleary have a 2 way radio to send out instructions during live play?

If the captain was off the field, he could have sent out a message to one of the runners to take the 2 points.

AFL coaches talk directly to the players when they come off for a spell. Having constant communication and handing out instructions on what you are seeing out there would help the team stabilize key parts of the game in areas they are under performing etc. When you know the coach is onto you about something, it would motivate you to fix that issue asap. Having constant instructions would help with a solid 80 min performance without the lapses in between.

I assume that's why Ricky prefers coaching from the sideline with his playing group, as he can constantly communicate with his players and runners.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 6:24 pm

CocaCola wrote:
Wed 19 Apr, 2017 6:14 pm
It's a bit difficult to tell unless you keep an eye out on the coaches box throughout the match, but does Cleary have a 2 way radio to send out instructions during live play?

If the captain was off the field, he could have sent out a message to one of the runners to take the 2 points.

AFL coaches talk directly to the players when they come off for a spell. Having constant communication and handing out instructions on what you are seeing out there would help the team stabilize key parts of the game in areas they are under performing etc. When you know the coach is onto you about something, it would motivate you to fix that issue asap. Having constant instructions would help with a solid 80 min performance without the lapses in between.

I assume that's why Ricky prefers coaching from the sideline with his playing group, as he can constantly communicate with his players and runners.
I think Ricky coaches from the sideline because he gets angry when things go against him and would not cope being in a small, enclosed area. That's why he prefers coaching on the sideline where he has heaps of room to keep calm and when he gets angry he can kick a chair instead of breaking a glass window.