Take the 2!

Harvey

Re: Take the 2!

Post by Harvey » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:04 am

C'mon. Ivan is not the Wizard of Oz, you can't expect him to put a brain in the straw man.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:38 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:59 pm
No it didn't, or else they would have taken the 2. No accountability.
Can't believe Ivan hasn't told them to scrap the midfield bomb that brings no pressure or results, kick the friggin thing hard and low towards touch to close a game out. Our kicking game is the worst part of our whole game-plan. Oh that and getting caught running it on the last tackle. Frustrating to say the least .
We jettisoned the guy that had the good kicks. Not to worry - she'll be right mate.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 1:16 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:38 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Can't believe Ivan hasn't told them to scrap the midfield bomb that brings no pressure or results, kick the friggin thing hard and low towards touch to close a game out. Our kicking game is the worst part of our whole game-plan. Oh that and getting caught running it on the last tackle. Frustrating to say the least .
We jettisoned the guy that had the good kicks. Not to worry - she'll be right mate.
Scott Prince chose to leave us BBF

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:03 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Can someone explain, WHAT was Jason Taylor doing for 2 years that he couldn't train a good goal kicker!
Of everything Taylor did, this I don't get. Were all WT fans, how many games have we lost by 2 points?

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:47 am

colmcd wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:03 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Can someone explain, WHAT was Jason Taylor doing for 2 years that he couldn't train a good goal kicker!
Of everything Taylor did, this I don't get. Were all WT fans, how many games have we lost by 2 points?
I was wondering this same thing, doesn't he have the most FG career goals of all-time with 942
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:56 am

In hindsight of our poor fitness I think we should have shots at goal with any penalty in the attacking half. As long as we kick the ball dead we'll at least get the ball back. In doing so give our forwards a blow also.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

razor7

Post by razor7 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:08 am

Agree with Fade that the midfield bomb ( Moses stock in trade play) has to go. Maybe when Moses goes this overused and ineffective play will go with him. Couldn't help noticing when we played the Storm how much variey Smith and Cronk put into their kicks. Thats the benchmark but we are in the fail class unfortunately