Idris the Aggressor

happy tiger

Re: Idris the Aggressor

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:05 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:48 pm
Torn hammy or just cramp??? Could be gone for weeks
Thought it may have been cramp as well KS

He is starting to become the player we hoped for , just that mobility and engine now :pray:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:10 pm

Great defender when he's standing still. Once he has to move laterally he's toast. As many good hits he put on, he was equally burned on his outside. He's a slug when he has to use his feet. But you have to give him credit. He's really putting his hand up and having a dig.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:11 pm

I must have watched a different game.

Was sitting level 3 so got a birds eye view.

He had plenty of problems early in terms of getting burned for speed and reading numbers.

He is a sitting duck out in the centres.

When he hit he hit hard, however they exploited him early.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm

Eddie wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:11 pm
I must have watched a different game.

Was sitting level 3 so got a birds eye view.

He had plenty of problems early in terms of getting burned for speed and reading numbers.

He is a sitting duck out in the centres.

When he hit he hit hard, however they exploited him early.
I don't think anyone is arguing with you Eddie , but he is certainly headed in the right direction , Taylor said he would a 10-12 week work in progress

He certainly is putting in , which was many's concerns

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:20 pm

I like his attitude Happy don't get me wrong.

There is no lack of effort there.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:21 pm

Better in the centres for defence than Kev. That should help the winger stay on the sideline because while he may have blokes try to get around him, one on one they will avoid the contact because they will cop a shot.

Might be a verty good mentor for Suli in the centres with Lawrence.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:22 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:03 pm
Best aggresive defensive performance by a tigers player that i can remember. At least 3 tackles had the crowd of their feet. Pace will pick up with match fitness. I dont think its his pace thsts the problem, we just seem to be always short on the right hand side.
Disagree, he has always been slow and Jennings really showed him up today. Move him to forwards maybe coming off the bench but not in the backs anymore.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't think he is injured. Someone posted a photo with him from after the game, looked fine.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:55 pm

Not too much shame in being beaten for pace by Michael Jennings, and on one break down that edge he was keeping pace with Semi fairly well. He's never going to be able to match it with a Jennings or Roberts or the like, but once his match fitness picks up a bit more he'll definitely be of even more value. Do think he can work on setting up his outside man better though.
Like was pointed out elsewhere though, we were missing him in the centres a few times when he got caught putting a shot on in the middle.
A Chee-Kam & Suli edge would be a good compliment on the other side I think, at least until we find a capable winger (Suli definitely seems to be a centre).

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:56 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:59 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm
Thought he was our best.
Teddy and mckillrick probably.

But he killed it. Now can anyone explain to me how a normal wrestle tackle that could take 5-6 seconds to complete whilst the attacker is walking and making metres continually is better than a player like idris hitting hard, stopping them in a dominant tackle that you can lay on lomger and the attackers not making any extra metres??

God i hate this slow attempt at wrestling. Not one of our forward pack hits hard. Its an embarressmemt.
Because a wrestle tackle lets you control how the ruck works. A dominant driving hit is not consistent, sometimes you miss, sometimes you hit but they glance and jump to their feet.

The wrestle lets you slow the attack, put the attacker on his back, some players peel off and the markers pull away whilst the attacker gets back to his feet, by which time the line is reset.