Naiquama Lost the Parra Game

tiga4eva

Re: Naiquama Lost the Parra Game

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:39 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:34 pm
I thought Kev was alright, Nofo lost us that one, he was atrocious.
Thank you!!!
I'm sick of the "oh but his dummy half runs are so good" crap with Nof. He's got errors every game and he's no better at reading defence than Naiqama. His attack doesn't make up for his ineptitude in defence. It's actually embarrasssing

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:53 pm

I feel like the issue isn't any one players defence but our insistence to slide in defence and then have the winger rush in to try to stop the pass to the guy on the outside. They've been trying that tactic for years now and i imagine that any team playing against watches videos of the Tigers and comes up with a simple game plan. Pass left (or right for variation) and get the ball past the winger.

If Ivan can change our defence tactic to simple one on one mark your man, I reckon we'd stop at least half the tries we let in. And I think we could do it with our current roster.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:55 pm

der Tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:22 pm
Cleary has the opportunity this week to make changes to the nrl squad without the impression from the squad that he has made them for the sake of it. Squad v cowgirls was always gunna be the same and he was forced to pick the same this week after a win to eliminate disgruntlement. After a loss however. .......

This is why 99.99% of people on this forum are over the moon we got Cleary, to bring about change. Week after week the usual inept line up that produce loss after loss has been allowed to be rolled out for the last 5 years!! If there aren't at least 3 or 4 changes to the team line up next week we may as well start looking for a new coach. somethings will never change!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:01 pm

I think his hands are basically tied this year. Instilling a new culture would be our best bet and roster changes in the off season. Shuffling the deck chairs a bit this season

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:04 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:01 pm
I think his hands are basically tied this year. Instilling a new culture would be our best bet and roster changes in the off season. Shuffling the deck chairs a bit this season
Yes and the bands already playing and the fat lady's warming her throat up

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:27 pm

Looked like Idris did his hamstring at the end, so I doubt we'd be able to afford another change to the backline in addition to that one.

I thought the intercept attempt on the first Auva'a try was a droppable effort in itself to be honest.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:53 pm

We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcuseable.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:01 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:53 pm
We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcusable.
Semi deserves a nice long suspension (Domestic violence is a very complex issue, but Semi seems to have continued without penalty) totally agreed he is inexcusable as a player*.

That being said, he is called Semi Trailer for a reason. We need our weetbix in defence and we need a consistent team to play together defensively. You won't stop Brett Morris, Semi, GI and others on their day.

* Insert rant here about how a dog can lick someones privates or someone can do something stupid in social media and the guy gets dropped. Yet many times were seeing women Bashers get far less penalties. NRL WTF.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:28 am

Kev played a lot of NSW Cup at the Panthers when Cleary was there. He could be heading that way again.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:37 am

kev is woeful and I doubt he will be there next year

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:01 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:47 pm
What does suli bring?
I think he has been really good. Good hard hit-ups. He also has defensive issues but hopefully he will get that right.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:25 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:48 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:40 pm
Moses lost us that game today , he made so many errors with his kicking and passing game in the 2nd half ...

I'll leave it at that , but I believe the NRL might want to look at that game personally
I called it last week that if he played today that it was a recipe for disaster, if we plan on releasing him during the week, whether he "threw" the game or not. If Cleary releases him after today, it will be such a poor look and will be the first black mark on Cleary's clean sheet since taking over. He needs to be dropped to ISP before being released. Imagine if he was released this week. What a legacy that is to leave at this club. Having a shocker against a side you knew you were going to be released to only days later. How convenient. And how poor that the club allowed it to happen.
This week presents what is most probably the challenge in the history of Wests Tigers;

1. Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.

2. On Wednesday Tedesco and Woods' management will meet with Wests Tigers management to discuss the players' future. The outcome of this meeting will have a huge bearing on the future of this team. I am sure that all fans hope that there is a good outcome.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:49 am

Muffstar wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:10 pm
Punt him too and also Lawrence can't wait till McQueen joins who will run harder than Lawrence on one leg.
Hahahah oh prepared to be disappointed, McQueen is plenty similar to Lawrence.

Lawrence dropped one cold again today but he ran hard and straight, one of the few forwards to straighten the attack.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:57 am

Seems like Cleary was playing Suli in the centre's for much of the game, so we need to find another winger im not fussed on Rankin but surely he could do better than Kev did.

Ok Kev scored a nice try but doesn't make up for the other errors, time for a stint in ISP for Kevvie, i think the writings on the wall anyway Cleary didnt rate him at Penrith and i don't think yesterday's performance would have done much to change that opinion.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 10:05 am

Kev, Nofo, Moses, take your pick for the backs. Aloiai, Lawrence, Sue in the forwards. Simply not up to first grade. Kev and Nof were both atrocious yesterday though.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 10:51 am

colmcd wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:01 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 11:53 pm
We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcusable.
Semi deserves a nice long suspension (Domestic violence is a very complex issue, but Semi seems to have continued without penalty) totally agreed he is inexcusable as a player*.

That being said, he is called Semi Trailer for a reason. We need our weetbix in defence and we need a consistent team to play together defensively. You won't stop Brett Morris, Semi, GI and others on their day.

* Insert rant here about how a dog can lick someones privates or someone can do something stupid in social media and the guy gets dropped. Yet many times were seeing women Bashers get far less penalties. NRL WTF.
I was actually referring to Kirisome Auvuaa or whatever his name is. But yeah Semi fits under the woman-beater banner as well....classy club is Parra, full of great humans.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:13 am

Newtown wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:25 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:48 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:40 pm
Moses lost us that game today , he made so many errors with his kicking and passing game in the 2nd half ...

I'll leave it at that , but I believe the NRL might want to look at that game personally
I called it last week that if he played today that it was a recipe for disaster, if we plan on releasing him during the week, whether he "threw" the game or not. If Cleary releases him after today, it will be such a poor look and will be the first black mark on Cleary's clean sheet since taking over. He needs to be dropped to ISP before being released. Imagine if he was released this week. What a legacy that is to leave at this club. Having a shocker against a side you knew you were going to be released to only days later. How convenient. And how poor that the club allowed it to happen.
This week presents what is most probably the challenge in the history of Wests Tigers;

1. Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.

2. On Wednesday Tedesco and Woods' management will meet with Wests Tigers management to discuss the players' future. The outcome of this meeting will have a huge bearing on the future of this team. I am sure that all fans hope that there is a good outcome.
WT absolutely must play hardball with Parra in regards to Moses. If they want him right now WT surely will basically say "what's in it for us?" and demand one of their players in return. Then again Parra cannot just force one of their players to change clubs or that would be a breach of contract-the player would have to want to change to WT you would think. Worst case scenario make them pay us out for the remainder of this years contract for Moses: getting a couple of hundred-thousand dollars for him is much more preferable than having him on big money playing ISP Cup, that would be a massive waste of valuable cash.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:39 am

Why would we let Moses go if there is nothing for us to gain. We have no other suitable no6 waiting in the wings, although nearly anyone would be a better option them him at present. I just can't believe we offered him around a Mill a year and Parra are giving him 800 odd a year. His kicking game is crap,he can't tackle and keeps going for brain dead plays.