True supporter or what??

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: True supporter or what??

Post by clokan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 7:47 pm

Haven't really been bothered over the last couple of years, still watch every game, but don't get the heart palpitations that I used to get before each game. However yesterday I was livid at that loss. I know we would have won if we only took the two, but as usual someone went for glory. Sorry to still see him in the team this week.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:14 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm
Chevy wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:37 pm
The wife wants to know why i bother following this mob,she had a look at the score when we were up by 10 in the second half then couldn't believe we got beat,following them is like being in love with a hot women that keeps cheating on you,they really are not worth the grief they put us supporters through.
Mrs actually said the same thing to me the other week :lol: she said " I actually miss the way you used to carry on in front of the TV " i looked at her and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

It's just one year after the other there is no end....
Headlines after headlines.
Fans are fed up.

C'mon guys, cheer up! At least supporting a team like the Wests Tigers makes the forum entertaining! Imagine if we had a team like Melbourne, winning 90% of their matches every year and always competing even in the ones they don't win - they would NEVER lose a game after leading 22-10 halfway through the second half - how BORING! I mean, what is there to discuss? Have you ever been on the Storm Forum? I think they usually only have about 2 threads going - Who are we gonna beat (I mean who are we playing) this week and OMG COOPER IS LEAVING!!!!

They have nothing to talk about, no one to argue with, no opinions (good, bad, indifferent or just plain weird) to offer, everybody agreeing with each other all the time, wondering what to post next - "umm what are we gonna talk about this week? Ooh I know, gee Cameron's bald spot is growing eh? Yeah and Bellyache still gets the poops even when we smash the opposition, which is just about every week".....ho hum :roll:....:Oh and who are we gonna sign to take Cooper's place?" "Don't worry, we have the next superstar, Qld halfback all ready to go for 2018....oh yeah, that's right, everything will be sweet - it always is".......lalalalalala

You guys would be so bored supporting a team like that - we all would! You'd have nothing disparaging to post, nothing to speculate over, no frustration to vent, only ever talking about how successful the club is - BORING! And we all know it ;)
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:21 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 9:14 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Chevy wrote:
The wife wants to know why i bother following this mob,she had a look at the score when we were up by 10 in the second half then couldn't believe we got beat,following them is like being in love with a hot women that keeps cheating on you,they really are not worth the grief they put us supporters through.
Mrs actually said the same thing to me the other week :lol: she said " I actually miss the way you used to carry on in front of the TV " i looked at her and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Fans are fed up.

C'mon guys, cheer up! At least supporting a team like the Wests Tigers makes the forum entertaining! Imagine if we had a team like Melbourne, winning 90% of their matches every year and always competing even in the ones they don't win - they would NEVER lose a game after leading 22-10 halfway through the second half - how BORING! I mean, what is there to discuss? Have you ever been on the Storm Forum? I think they usually only have about 2 threads going - Who are we gonna beat (I mean who are we playing) this week and OMG COOPER IS LEAVING!!!!

They have nothing to talk about, no one to argue with, no opinions (good, bad, indifferent or just plain weird) to offer, everybody agreeing with each other all the time, wondering what to post next - "umm what are we gonna talk about this week? Ooh I know, gee Cameron's bald spot is growing eh? Yeah and Bellyache still gets the poops even when we smash the opposition, which is just about every week".....ho hum :roll:....:Oh and who are we gonna sign to take Cooper's place?" "Don't worry, we have the next superstar, Qld halfback all ready to go for 2018....oh yeah, that's right, everything will be sweet - it always is".......lalalalalala

You guys would be so bored supporting a team like that - we all would! You'd have nothing disparaging to post, nothing to speculate over, no frustration to vent, only ever talking about how successful the club is - BORING! And we all know it ;)
I'd be happier if we won 13 games each year to make the semis & 11 losses each year so we could still rant :lol:
Love a good rant !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 10:40 pm

Flippedy wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Chevy wrote:

Fans are fed up.

What a Pearler of a Post Flip :lol: :lol:

The problem is i'm over being BORED :lol: :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:12 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:55 pm
I was filthy with the result. Box seat and the game was tailored for us to run away with it at 22-10.

Dropped their heads after two quick tries, inept kicking game, suspect edge defence still there, refereeing and the off field nonsense as well left me pretty peed off for a while.

Ivan the Iveco has a big job in front of him.
But you always feel if we can't get at least 16 + ahead we will get run down

Probably why I was amazed with the Cowbees result , said to EB that Thurston loves this stuff , 4 down with 6 to go and the chance to kick the winning goal

Probably lucky he did get a calf injury from our point of view

Clubs don't fear us getting a start , they know if they get in the grind and complete their sets we will capitulate eventually

We lack heart and soul , bit like the "White men can't Jump " movie

We'd rather lose pretty than win ugly

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:26 pm

My passion for the club has certainly taken a number of blows over the last couple seasons. The constant failures which never improve have worn me down.

I still get fired up on match day. I was a nervous wreck in the Cowboys game, waiting for the inevitable kick to the guts when they were to take the lead in the dying stages. Couldn't help but laugh like an idiot when we actually held on to win.

With the Parra game, I was spewing at the refs in the last 15 minutes, meanwhile seeing all the signs of our impending doom. The refs were bad, but we were worse. It was only Parra's lack of skill which kept us in the game.

My son is 9 years old and has never been to a semifinal game. Yet he only sees the positives. All his anger was directed at the refs on Monday. He was still boiling with rage an hour later, while queuing for rides at the Easter Show. I wonder how long he will maintain his passion?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't get anywhere as passionate as I used to about a game. We win, I have a skip in my step we loose; well in the back of my mind I assume that's gonna happen anyway.

I know there are a lot of old guard fans here who have suffered some terrible seasons over the years. But the one thing I hang onto is how sweet it tastes when you have a good season, hand out some good old fashioned hidings to old foes. Realize your team is in it to win it.

I really don't know how fans of continually successful teams do it. When failure is measured in loosing a grand final. Not making the finals is unheard of. I remember back in 2006 I did not go to that many games, was not all that excited. We won, we lost. Why - because they had done it in 2005, they did something I had waited 30 years to see. How do you honestly get excited after that!!!

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 1:10 pm

I wasn't depressed but am now after reading through this thread.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:00 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:13 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 6:00 pm
With the member's kit they could include a whip for self flagellation for continuing to back them week after week.
Theres nothing like a good Flagellate :shock:
Performed by Geo in drag singing opera
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:03 pm

Not many tickets left..get in quick..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:03 pm
Not many tickets left..get in quick..
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 19 Apr, 2017 4:33 pm

Flippedy wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Chevy wrote:

Fans are fed up.

Don't they even want to sack the coach?