my 3 reasons why we lost!

Post Reply
bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2467
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

my 3 reasons why we lost!

Post by bp tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:38 am

and iam only talking about the last 15- 20 mins.

1) after we made that long break the parra player should been sin binned, and we would have played 12 men for near the rest of the game.
2) on 2 occasions after getting the penalty and we were attacking there line we pasted the ball back some 20 meters, this allowed the parra defence to race out and put pressure on are backs.
3) players allowed the eels players to walk past them on runs across the field, I know coming out of the line is bad but they were inches from them and no one put a hand on them.
And overall cleary has a lot of work to do on are edge defence on both sides.


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:41 am

We lost because of Moses's lack of kicking game and brain dead ball playing

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:44 am

You could probably add to that list in that we haven't got any halves probably at the club that can close out a game. I also have included the myth as well.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:55 am

Disagree on the Sin Bin scenario as a reason why we lost... It, as with most fouls like that are 50/50 at best to actually eventuate as a sin binning.

They got alot of luck in that 2nd half. Yes we made errors, but we made less than them. They got the rub of the green on more than one occasion.

I think our kicking options were a big factor why we didnt win that game. Even when down on the scoreboard, we had opportunities to stamp our authority on the game through using a smarter kicking game. Kicking to touch instead of the open play can send a very clear message of intent at times. 'Cmon, get your heads in another scrum and we will belt you in defence' or 'dont make an error coming out of your end from the restart' are 2 simple messages that can regularly get the reward as teams run out of gas.

Tough loss, but its how we use it next time that will matter more. :sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:00 pm

In regards to the sin bin point - we should have held on to our lead against their full squad. Are you suggesting we could only have won if we were up against 12 players? :?
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire


bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2467
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:15 pm

kh_canada wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:00 pm
In regards to the sin bin point - we should have held on to our lead against their full squad. Are you suggesting we could only have won if we were up against 12 players? :?
are u for real , it was a factor that's all. if we had missed no tackles, scored of all are plays, and got all the penalty's, would that make u happy.

JUST PUTTING OUT A SENARIO THATS ALL, FOR GOD SAKE DONT MAKE PERSONNEL.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22475
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:18 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned our fitness. We died after 60 minutes yet again. That penalty though, inexcusable that we didn't take the two. That's what separates the good and bad teams. You'd never see the Storm and Broncos up by 12 with 20 to go and take the tap when 2 points is on offer. Our halves don't have the maturity to take control either. We badly need someone who is experienced who doesn't rely on hero plays.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:21 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:55 am
Disagree on the Sin Bin scenario as a reason why we lost... It, as with most fouls like that are 50/50 at best to actually eventuate as a sin binning.

They got alot of luck in that 2nd half. Yes we made errors, but we made less than them. They got the rub of the green on more than one occasion.

I think our kicking options were a big factor why we didnt win that game. Even when down on the scoreboard, we had opportunities to stamp our authority on the game through using a smarter kicking game. Kicking to touch instead of the open play can send a very clear message of intent at times. 'Cmon, get your heads in another scrum and we will belt you in defence' or 'dont make an error coming out of your end from the restart' are 2 simple messages that can regularly get the reward as teams run out of gas.

Tough loss, but its how we use it next time that will matter more. :sign:
Agree on all counts, with the 50/50 non sin binning following long breaks being a blight on the game in general and also the most rewarding rub of the green for a team running on fumes.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:24 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:15 pm
kh_canada wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:00 pm
In regards to the sin bin point - we should have held on to our lead against their full squad. Are you suggesting we could only have won if we were up against 12 players? :?
are u for real , it was a factor that's all. if we had missed no tackles, scored of all are plays, and got all the penalty's, would that make u happy.

JUST PUTTING OUT A SENARIO THATS ALL, FOR GOD SAKE DONT MAKE PERSONNEL.
A few new PERSONNEL might help change things :)

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:18 pm
Surprised no one has mentioned our fitness. We died after 60 minutes yet again.
Agreed - awful.
Our end of set options in the second half were a big factor as well - we got caught with the ball three or four times, and most were a long way out. I don't mind forcing a handover in the opposition's 10m, given the risk of giving away a 7 tackle set, but we were getting caught 30m+ out, which is really poor.
Kicking game was terrible as well.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2307
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:52 pm

We lost the game on the poor decisions by Moses.

1) Terrible hospital cutout pass to Nofo that went to ground and the Eels scored downfield.
2) Inability to kick to the corners which constantly put our D under pressure.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29377
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:55 pm

Parra scored more points than us.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Post Reply