2 steps forward 1 step back

Tacky

2 steps forward 1 step back

Post by Tacky » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:10 pm

Cleary isn't a miracle worker. Yeah that loss was frustrating but, we're still heading in the right direction. He can use this year to identify our weaknesses and deficiencies. I conceded that we weren't going to make the finals as soon as Taylor was sacked. So, I'm just going to enjoy every win we get this season and not think about the finals and then hopefully next year Cleary can put together a competitive team. I've been saying to myself 'maybe next year' for a couple of years now but, maybe next year really will be our year or, maybe I'm just a deluded fan. Anyway, I'll just enjoy watching the Tigers play every week, hope for more wins and not think about the finals.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 2:56 pm

Was nice to see Teddy sniffing around the ruck, he said it himself that it was part of the game plan and makes you wonder how it got to the point that he felt he couldn't (fault goes to JT surely). Was good to see some more traditional 6/7 play with Moses being the link man you normally see Teddy as, it's not groundbreaking but at least we're throwing some different options up.
Like you said, I've got no optimism for making the finals, this season is purely a learning one for those keen to get on the bus. Bring in some professionals next year and we'll get a better idea of how Cleary has us tracking.

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:13 pm

I am just so frustrated, they build you up and you get all excited about how they are playing, start celebrating a win in your mind THEN they make a mistake and the opposition scores. I start to say thats OK they are still far enough ahead to win. Another wheel falls of and you start to go into a unbelievable despair and start telling the missus they are going to do it to me again and they do again. You would think i would be used to this BUT for some reason i never am and the following week sit up again all button eyed expecting them to win. I am falling back in the tipping competition and my finger shakes every week as i press the button for the tigers to win. THE only thing that makes me feel better is i imagine how the players feel after a loss like that. Get on the tigers to beat the dogs this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 5:21 pm

My mate was telling me that my team was going to win but I did not believe him for one second. They were at the Parra line for ages but could not score that is a sure sign of things to come
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)