Woods having lunch with Bulldogs players

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Woods having lunch with Bulldogs players

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:33 am

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:28 am
Probably just shouting lunch for his new teamates from his ridiculous sign on amount.
900k cap + 100k tpa are the rumours :roll

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:34 am

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:28 am
Probably just shouting lunch for his new teamates from his ridiculous sign on amount.

Feeding Kasiano will take the shine off it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:41 am

I like Woods but, $900 big one, just come out & say you are going. We can then sign some players & get on with life.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 8:59 am

If it is around 1 mil explains why he leaving, doesnt explain why he is acting 12 ..

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 9:01 am

Can't this bloke just leave already.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 9:33 am

Lol, a front rower for that price.
Woods should be ashamed of himself.

This is disgraceful, traitorous, mutiny.
I hate woods
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 9:45 am

I can handle Woods leaving but hurry up and say it, what I can't handle is how unprofessional Woods has been about the entire situation.

Soon as he signs with the Dogs, take the captaincy off him and give it to someone who will stick with us for the long haul.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:45 am

Normally I wouldn't care, but given he's signing with them imminently or already has, it's a terrible look for a captain. Insulting to his own club and fans.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:56 am

I think it's a poor look in the lead-up to the game. I certainly wouldn't consider doing it, but it's quite clear Woods brain capacity just isn't what it should be. I don't believe he represents the Wests Tigers the way a player, let alone a captain should.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 11:09 am

Call me emotional but I would prefer if he didn't play for us this weekend (or in the future).
If he was my captain (or teammate) I'd be totally disgusted and disillusioned.
Every potential recruit must have a good laugh when we tell them to come over here and play for a captain like this.

If I were Cleary I'd release him, sack him, drop him, whatever. Just get him away from the rest of my team.

Anyway, the worst case scenario is not him being our pathetic captain. Because like it or not that is today's reality.
The worst case scenario is if he stays.

Make Wests Tigers Great Again

razzledazzle

Post by razzledazzle » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 11:21 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:51 am
Im talking about this weeks game.

Why are we having lunch with half the opposition for this week?

Its just rubbish timing.

This us not about Woods contract.

This about the perception our fans get going into this weeks big game.

For me its a very poor one.
Exactly!

It may not be a big deal on any other week with another team, but given everything that has happened with our club, surely our CAPTAIN would behave with a bit more respect towards his jersey. Being captain is not just about having a "c" next to your name on the team sheet, it's about being a leader. Ol' mate wouldn't know leadership if it smacked him in the face.

Tommy Magpie

Post by Tommy Magpie » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:23 pm

Not my captain. Funny thing is that it is ANZAC round and we remember the bravery of our service men and women. Those brave soldiers in the trenches who would die for the man beside them. And our so called captain doesn't think his mates are good enough so has jumped the trench to join the enemy. Poor actions from a leader. He should be ashamed of himself.

Curaeus

Post by Curaeus » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:36 pm

Given the current situation with his contract, this ill timed episode (just before our game against the Dogs) Woods has shown he has absolutely no idea of how a real leader should act and without that basic ability, he simply cannot remain captain. Sooner he leaves the better. Hope we're still some chance of retaining Teddy.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:46 pm

Tommy Magpie wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:23 pm
Not my captain. Funny thing is that it is ANZAC round and we remember the bravery of our service men and women. Those brave soldiers in the trenches who would die for the man beside them. And our so called captain doesn't think his mates are good enough so has jumped the trench to join the enemy. Poor actions from a leader. He should be ashamed of himself.
Yeh I only realised the irony of the timing this morning myself.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 1:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:26 am
Now call me a dinosaur but this makes me angry as a Tigers fan.

I know Woods is mates with a few of them through NSW Origin etc. He might see them regularly.

However the week we are playing them? We are down on our knees at 2 wins and 5 losses after another terrible capitulation last week.

We play this dirty mob this week and there is our captain going having lunch with half the Bulldog side. Imagine James Graham having lunch with 3 Tigers players this week. Not in hell would he do that.

He even said on the NRL 360 since he became mates with Thurston he doesn't want to hit him as hard. So what perception am I left with coming into this game as a fan?

Im not silly enough to think players from other clubs regulary hang out.

However the week we are playing them?

Our fearless leader?!

Time to find another one.
Yep we should stand him down for the season :roll:

Is this how low our fans are stooping to ?? Embarrassment much ??

Most blokes play harder against their close mates , just want to get it over them and have bragging rights

Has anyone on this Forum played a game of footy in their lives :brick:

Leave Woodsy , leave Teddy this club doesn't deserve you and sure as hell the fans don't deserve you

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 1:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 1:09 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:26 am
Now call me a dinosaur but this makes me angry as a Tigers fan.

I know Woods is mates with a few of them through NSW Origin etc. He might see them regularly.

However the week we are playing them? We are down on our knees at 2 wins and 5 losses after another terrible capitulation last week.

We play this dirty mob this week and there is our captain going having lunch with half the Bulldog side. Imagine James Graham having lunch with 3 Tigers players this week. Not in hell would he do that.

He even said on the NRL 360 since he became mates with Thurston he doesn't want to hit him as hard. So what perception am I left with coming into this game as a fan?

Im not silly enough to think players from other clubs regulary hang out.

However the week we are playing them?

Our fearless leader?!

Time to find another one.
Yep we should stand him down for the season :roll:

Is this how low our fans are stooping to ?? Embarrassment much ??

Most blokes play harder against their close mates , just want to get it over them and have bragging rights

Has anyone on this Forum played a game of footy in their lives :brick:

Leave Woodsy , leave Teddy this club doesn't deserve you and sure as hell the fans don't deserve you
Maintain the Rage happy
Maintain the Rage son !
Or call 131114
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 1:29 pm

Just an off topic question but does the club offer counselling to supporters ?

Siamtiger

Post by Siamtiger » Thu 20 Apr, 2017 1:35 pm

STAND HIM DOWN!
CAPTAIN OR NO CAPTAIN
MAKE A DECISION!