Boooing Woods

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1489
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Re: Boooing Woods

Post by momo&medo » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:14 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:10 am
Well there are plenty of WTs fans share her opinion, I think she's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Just be like all the other nameless chairs, do more say less
X2


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2978
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:27 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:14 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:10 am
Well there are plenty of WTs fans share her opinion, I think she's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Just be like all the other nameless chairs, do more say less
X2
X3

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:30 am

The booing was one of the best things I have seen in my time for a club captain who has treated the club with disdain. Leave any organisation to better yourself but just come out and say I am leaving and give the reasons why. Where was this type of support for our former capatain who was effectively bullied out of the club with her full support. I wanted Farah to leave but it was done so badly it has caused a huge media backlash against the club.

I was in the corporate suites with Bulldogs sponsors and supporters and they want their club to pull the contract for Woods.Funny that other fans see the circus around these players and want no part if it.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:37 am

TYGA wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:30 am
The booing was one of the best things I have seen in my time for a club captain who has treated the club with disdain. Leave any organisation to better yourself but just come out and say I am leaving and give the reasons why. Where was this type of support for our former capatain who was effectively bullied out of the club with her full support. I wanted Farah to leave but it was done so badly it has caused a huge media backlash against the club.

I was in the corporate suites with Bulldogs sponsors and supporters and they want their club to pull the contract for Woods.Funny that other fans see the circus around these players and want no part if it.
Exactly. These traitors are showing their true colours and it's not just us that can see it. As fans we should be showing how we feel about traitors.

User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by wmlmaster » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:41 am

I posted this article on the Woods Contract thread and thought it might have some relevance here (mods please remove if I've done something wrong) but what I find most interesting is the statement highlighted:

Kevin Naiqama’s late try helps Wests Tigers down Bulldogs 18-12
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
April 23, 2017 8:25pm

INSPIRED by departing skipper Aaron Woods, Wests Tigers somehow cast aside a controversial and painful week to record an upset 18-12 win over Canterbury.

It was a win built on courage and adversity just days after it was revealed Woods and fullback James Tedesco were defecting to rival clubs from next season.

Woods, Tedesco and Mitchell Moses played with passion and commitment.

“I was very proud of the team today, for sure. Everyone of them,” Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary said.

“There were a lot of distractions, obviously.

“It was obvious at yesterday’s training session that they were really focused and determined. That was evident in the game today. It was the Big 17 today.”

It was an emotional victory for a team that huddled together on the field after fulltime and left ANZ Stadium together.

Tigers players celebrated wildly in what was Cleary’s second win in charge at Concord.

Parramatta-bound Moses, in particular, was elated and punched the air in celebration.

Woods will quit the Tigers after this season to join Sunday’s opponents, Canterbury.

He was booed by fans when his image appeared on ANZ ­Stadium’s big screen before the game.

The proud Leichhardt product was warming up on the field at the time and must have been shattered.

Fans are still angry after The Daily Telegraph published a photo of Woods having coffee with Bulldogs players at a Roselands cafe last Wednesday.

He was also jeered after receiving the Anzac Medal for man of the match on the field after the game.

Woods spoke with Triple M and Fox Sports after the match but did not attend the routine press conference. Teammate Chris Lawrence substituted.

Asked about being booed. Woods told Triple M: “It’s a part of footy. The thing is that I haven’t signed or agreed to anything. It’s all speculation. We’ve got the best fans, they’re just passionate.”

Woods ran for 172 metres through 17 hit-ups and made 26 tackles in his 64 minutes. It was a colossal performance.

“He showed today where his focus is,” Cleary said.

Moses and Tedesco had some nice touches, while Luke Brooks made a successful return from injury.


“Every time we went to training we just enjoyed each other’s company and ripped in. And that’s what we have been doing,” Lawrence said.

Recently re-signed winger David Nofoaluma scored the opening try after a lovely pass from Tedesco. Perhaps in a statement about the week’s drama, Nofoaluma celebrated by grabbing and kissing the Tigers emblem on his jersey.

Canterbury will rue Sunday’s loss, which came through a late Wests Tigers try.

Bulldogs forward Greg Eastwood left the field in the second half for a concussion test. He did, however, stay on the field for a minute or two after allegedly being concussed.

Eastwood protested, saying he had hurt his knee.

He later attracted the ire of coach Des Hasler when he bizarrely decided to kick on tackle three with his side on the attack and the scores locked at 12-all.

The ball went straight to ­Tedesco.

“We were just dumb in some areas,” Canterbury coach Des Hasler said.

“They played well, they completed really well on the back of a 7-2 penalty count.”


David Nofoaluma celebrates scoring a try with his Tigers teammates. Picture: Gregg Porteous
The first-half highlight was a stunning chase from veteran Bulldogs centre Josh Morris. He somehow ran down a runaway Nofoaluma, who had taken an ­intercept and sprinted 80m.

Canterbury played the final 10 minutes with 12 men after centre Brenko Lee was sin-binned for a professional foul.

“Harsh, very harsh,” Hasler said of the incident.

Before nearly 20,000 fans, the Bulldogs scored what could be the early contender for try of the year five minutes into the second half when winger Kerrod Holland crossed after the ball had swung through 12 sets of hands.

The second half was scrappy and unattractive as both teams committed an excessive amount of errors.

WESTS TIGERS 18 (K Naiqama D Nofoaluma tries M Moses 5 goals) bt CANTERBURY 12 (K Holland M Montoya tries K Holland 2 goals) at ANZ Stadium. Referee: Gerard Sutton, Peter Gough. Crowd: 19,303.
Last edited by wmlmaster on Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.


southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:42 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm
Flippedy wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 10:18 pm
hobbo2803 wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 9:36 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 9:31 pm
Go saying fans should not boo just demonstrates again her lack of football background and understanding. She seems more interested in her own media profile than she does about the club. Which other board leader gives all the players a hug after the game.
At a minimum she should shuffle into the background and let Pascoe and Cleary be the the public face of the club.
Disagree , at a minimum she should quit and take up baking or something similar .
Very insulting comment Hobbo. She's an astute businesswoman in her own right, well before she came to this club. If you don't like the way she has handled the job here that's fine then criticise her all you like, but there is no need for sexist crap like that.
Wasnt there a thread on here last year lambasting any of our fans who booed JT when his image came up on the screen?
What did Taylor do to deserve the boos? Other than making decisions he considered in the best interests of the club? Thats the difference.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2978
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:44 am

The media are somewhat to blame in the situation for fueling the fire with all there fictional stories about make believe contracts and player movements.

I do think that the booing was fine and if anything shows Woods that we care about how he handles himself as our captain. But I am sure the media will twist it that he is just looking after his family and we are trying to jump fences to get him.

User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by wmlmaster » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:46 am

wmlmaster wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:41 am
I posted this article on the Woods Contract thread and thought it might have some relevance here (mods please remove if I've done something wrong) but what I find most interesting is the statement highlighted:

Kevin Naiqama’s late try helps Wests Tigers down Bulldogs 18-12
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
April 23, 2017 8:25pm

INSPIRED by departing skipper Aaron Woods, Wests Tigers somehow cast aside a controversial and painful week to record an upset 18-12 win over Canterbury.

It was a win built on courage and adversity just days after it was revealed Woods and fullback James Tedesco were defecting to rival clubs from next season.

Woods, Tedesco and Mitchell Moses played with passion and commitment.

“I was very proud of the team today, for sure. Everyone of them,” Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary said.

“There were a lot of distractions, obviously.

“It was obvious at yesterday’s training session that they were really focused and determined. That was evident in the game today. It was the Big 17 today.”

It was an emotional victory for a team that huddled together on the field after fulltime and left ANZ Stadium together.

Tigers players celebrated wildly in what was Cleary’s second win in charge at Concord.

Parramatta-bound Moses, in particular, was elated and punched the air in celebration.

Woods will quit the Tigers after this season to join Sunday’s opponents, Canterbury.

He was booed by fans when his image appeared on ANZ ­Stadium’s big screen before the game.

The proud Leichhardt product was warming up on the field at the time and must have been shattered.

Fans are still angry after The Daily Telegraph published a photo of Woods having coffee with Bulldogs players at a Roselands cafe last Wednesday.

He was also jeered after receiving the Anzac Medal for man of the match on the field after the game.

Woods spoke with Triple M and Fox Sports after the match but did not attend the routine press conference. Teammate Chris Lawrence substituted.

Asked about being booed. Woods told Triple M: “It’s a part of footy. The thing is that I haven’t signed or agreed to anything. It’s all speculation. We’ve got the best fans, they’re just passionate.”

Woods ran for 172 metres through 17 hit-ups and made 26 tackles in his 64 minutes. It was a colossal performance.

“He showed today where his focus is,” Cleary said.

Moses and Tedesco had some nice touches, while Luke Brooks made a successful return from injury.


“Every time we went to training we just enjoyed each other’s company and ripped in. And that’s what we have been doing,” Lawrence said.

Recently re-signed winger David Nofoaluma scored the opening try after a lovely pass from Tedesco. Perhaps in a statement about the week’s drama, Nofoaluma celebrated by grabbing and kissing the Tigers emblem on his jersey.

Canterbury will rue Sunday’s loss, which came through a late Wests Tigers try.

Bulldogs forward Greg Eastwood left the field in the second half for a concussion test. He did, however, stay on the field for a minute or two after allegedly being concussed.

Eastwood protested, saying he had hurt his knee.

He later attracted the ire of coach Des Hasler when he bizarrely decided to kick on tackle three with his side on the attack and the scores locked at 12-all.

The ball went straight to ­Tedesco.

“We were just dumb in some areas,” Canterbury coach Des Hasler said.

“They played well, they completed really well on the back of a 7-2 penalty count.”


David Nofoaluma celebrates scoring a try with his Tigers teammates. Picture: Gregg Porteous
The first-half highlight was a stunning chase from veteran Bulldogs centre Josh Morris. He somehow ran down a runaway Nofoaluma, who had taken an ­intercept and sprinted 80m.

Canterbury played the final 10 minutes with 12 men after centre Brenko Lee was sin-binned for a professional foul.

“Harsh, very harsh,” Hasler said of the incident.

Before nearly 20,000 fans, the Bulldogs scored what could be the early contender for try of the year five minutes into the second half when winger Kerrod Holland crossed after the ball had swung through 12 sets of hands.

The second half was scrappy and unattractive as both teams committed an excessive amount of errors.

WESTS TIGERS 18 (K Naiqama D Nofoaluma tries M Moses 5 goals) bt CANTERBURY 12 (K Holland M Montoya tries K Holland 2 goals) at ANZ Stadium. Referee: Gerard Sutton, Peter Gough. Crowd: 19,303.
Sorry forgot to highlight the statement

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:12 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:26 am
bonstonker wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 3:17 am
got no problem people booing woods.
it's their money being spent,they can do what they like that isn't breaking the law.

when the going has been tough,these fans still ponied up the money to support this club,while woods dined with the opposition.

remember that marina go.
But what did you honestly want her to say (aside from nothing)?

"Yes, boo that traitorous treacherous lecherous soon to be dog"

He is still currently an employee and he needs to perform at his best, which means he needs to think everyone at the company he works for is on his side, no matter what they may privately think.

Who knows, maybe she also enjoyed the boo haa haa, but she can never say that in public.
Id rather her responsd to the claims that our board /management hasnt made contact with woods in over 2 months.

Im a paid member i booed woods and will continue to do so. I don't care if he is MOM in every game he plays. The lack of class and integrity he conducted during this contract process was disgusting and pathetic. Many players leave and change clubs but the majority dont play it out in the media and trash their current employer just to try to justify why they are leaving.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:32 am

Earl wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:37 am
TYGA wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:30 am
The booing was one of the best things I have seen in my time for a club captain who has treated the club with disdain. Leave any organisation to better yourself but just come out and say I am leaving and give the reasons why. Where was this type of support for our former capatain who was effectively bullied out of the club with her full support. I wanted Farah to leave but it was done so badly it has caused a huge media backlash against the club.

I was in the corporate suites with Bulldogs sponsors and supporters and they want their club to pull the contract for Woods.Funny that other fans see the circus around these players and want no part if it.
Exactly. These traitors are showing their true colours and it's not just us that can see it. As fans we should be showing how we feel about traitors.

These 3 spoilt brats deserve all the booing that comes their way...And I hope it doesn't stop until they officially announce their intentions for 2018...The manner in which they have strung the fans, club and sponsors along for months is disrespectful...The BS one liners from our Captain on NRL 360 is tiresome and patronising...If they only just manned up....

shane2801
Member
Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by shane2801 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:36 am

Stuff Woods.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 11:08 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:10 am
Well there are plenty of WTs fans share her opinion, I think she's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Just be like all the other nameless chairs, do more say less
This is what stands out to me.
I'm starting to think Go likes the limelight a bit too much.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 2:53 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:32 am
Earl wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:37 am
TYGA wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 8:30 am
The booing was one of the best things I have seen in my time for a club captain who has treated the club with disdain. Leave any organisation to better yourself but just come out and say I am leaving and give the reasons why. Where was this type of support for our former capatain who was effectively bullied out of the club with her full support. I wanted Farah to leave but it was done so badly it has caused a huge media backlash against the club.

I was in the corporate suites with Bulldogs sponsors and supporters and they want their club to pull the contract for Woods.Funny that other fans see the circus around these players and want no part if it.
Exactly. These traitors are showing their true colours and it's not just us that can see it. As fans we should be showing how we feel about traitors.

These 3 spoilt brats deserve all the booing that comes their way...And I hope it doesn't stop until they officially announce their intentions for 2018...The manner in which they have strung the fans, club and sponsors along for months is disrespectful...The BS one liners from our Captain on NRL 360 is tiresome and patronising...If they only just manned up....
I will be booing these vermin for as long as I possibly can. All true fans should be with me on this but if they aren't they can go and support the rorters or the dogs or some other club that pander to their weak sensibilities.

Tigers fans are loyal and let dogs know when they are dogs.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 2:55 pm

Sabre wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 11:08 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 7:10 am
Well there are plenty of WTs fans share her opinion, I think she's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Just be like all the other nameless chairs, do more say less
This is what stands out to me.
I'm starting to think Go likes the limelight a bit too much.
She is starting to get on my nerves. She should stick to her job description and start showing that she is a true fan like myself and that starts by booing all 3 of the vermin.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 4:08 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Mon 24 Apr, 2017 6:49 am
Sabre wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 8:30 pm
Wests Tigers chair Marina Go says it was disrespectful of fans to boo Aaron Woods

Woods was heavily criticised for meeting up with Canterbury players in the lead-up to the game against the Bulldogs.

He is, however, close friends with David Klemmer and Josh Reynolds, regularly catching up with players he has represented his state with in the past.

"I can't even go to a local coffee shop and bring one of my best mates some baby gear because he had a baby last week," Woods said. "The timing wasn't perfect but it is just rubbish. Klem is one of my best mates, I am a groomsman at his wedding. Grubby [Reynolds] is a family friend of my wife as well. It's a bit disappointing the way people look at things but it is what it is in this day and age.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... vqt3e.html
Perhaps Marina would care to follow him to the Bulldogs .... I doubt many would care.
Seriously Aaron? You didn't consider that your friendly little 'catch up' would be viewed as anything but dining with the enemy by us WT fans??

You are the bloody captain of this club - for goodness sakes give that some respect... And while I am not into the booing thing, I can totally understand my fellow supporters feeling that they need to voice their opinion strongly!

Ebbytiger
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Ebbytiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 4:12 pm

🚌🚌🚌🚌your on the bus or your not and if your captain and show disloyalty you deserve every booo that comes your way . Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5497
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 4:24 pm

OK fellow forumers,I have stayed away from the booing argument mainly because as fans we have a right to boo whoever plays badly or does something untoward during the game....
I DO DRAW the line on people who start giving it to a players partner as per social media..its not on and its cowardly..why you ask..because as a professional footballer Woods can cop the anger of the fans that pay big money for memberships,merchandise and tickets during the year to watch him and the team play..
If he makes decisions that will affect the fan base then he as captain must face the angst coming his way,moreso by leading the fans and club along by not ending this contract saga months ago...

I can give Woods and co heaps of booing if I wish to,however it will get me NOWHERE,I would rather save my boos for the refs....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2978
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm


Post Reply