One of our biggest games ever

white
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 2:00 pm
Been liked: 1 time

One of our biggest games ever

Unread post by white » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:48 am

Guys we really need to get behind the team this week . It is so important. The info i have is that if we jag another win teddy and woodsy are likely to stay. we need to beat the sharks


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:53 am

So we win this game and they stay. If we lose the next 6 do they run to the hills again?

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by kh_canada » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:11 pm

Yeah I don't really understand how that works. I don't want players sticking around because they win a game if they are ready to walk out because we lose

User avatar
bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:14 pm

I don't want Woods to stay.
I want Teddy though. Heaps.

I want Teddy to stay more than I want Woods to leave, so ...yeah....where does that leave us....
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30327
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:27 pm

It's an important game in the context of our season, we have had 1 game at Leichhardt and been beaten, likewise at Campbelltown so it's vital we start winning some home games. The Sharks are a tough mob but I reckon we can get them if the team sticks to the structure Cleary has implemented and completes their sets well. There's been some good news with Matulino and Reynolds signing so hopefully the mood in the team remains positive and they can get the win. Would like to see Teddy and Woods both stay but certainly not counting on it.


User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:29 pm

Surely this is a gee up!

They would stay because we win a game?? To play in a team next year that has already announced 2 (and a likely 3rd) signings that would easily rank in our top 10 signings since 2001.

In other words, the team next year won't be the same team that wins or loses on Sunday.

User avatar
ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:35 pm

I would say Woods is in COP and Teddy is yet to sign

white
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 2:00 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by white » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:58 pm

that is gen y

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't know why they would to leave a team that looks so promising for next season in the first place. There has to be more at play than wins here.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15926
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 102 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:05 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:27 pm
It's an important game in the context of our season, we have had 1 game at Leichhardt and been beaten, likewise at Campbelltown so it's vital we start winning some home games. The Sharks are a tough mob but I reckon we can get them if the team sticks to the structure Cleary has implemented and completes their sets well. There's been some good news with Matulino and Reynolds signing so hopefully the mood in the team remains positive and they can get the win. Would like to see Teddy and Woods both stay but certainly not counting on it.
Completion of sets and pinning them to their tryline with a good kicking game is paramount. They are a great defensive outfit and capable of turning it on when they're in control.

Big game for us, Brooks again in particular. Hoping he can build from a good performance last weekend.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

mctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mctiger » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:25 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:14 pm
I don't want Woods to stay.
I want Teddy though. Heaps.

I want Teddy to stay more than I want Woods to leave, so ...yeah....where does that leave us....
Hoping for a draw?

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:28 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:53 am
So we win this game and they stay. If we lose the next 6 do they run to the hills again?
These guys should stay if they want or go if they want too. I'm sick of these guys holding the club to ransom.

Lastly I reckon they've already signed and the only thing holding back announcing it is that clubs will be over the cap. We are in the box seat now.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:36 pm

kh_canada wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:11 pm
Yeah I don't really understand how that works. I don't want players sticking around because they win a game if they are ready to walk out because we lose
Exactly. I'm happy for them both to stay but geez we've pandered to these guys way too much.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 264 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:58 pm

I wish happy would come back... :cry:

This is his kinda thread..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:16 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:58 pm
I wish happy would come back... :cry:

This is his kinda thread..
x 2

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:24 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:58 pm
I wish happy would come back... :cry:

This is his kinda thread..
The stuff that guy was stating was to me basically slanderous. Just giving it to the club. I'm glad that we've signed players and it's obvious that we are a good well run club that any player would be honoured to play for.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15926
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 102 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:26 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:24 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:58 pm
I wish happy would come back... :cry:

This is his kinda thread..
The stuff that guy was stating was to me basically slanderous. Just giving it to the club. I'm glad that we've signed players and it's obvious that we are a good well run club that any player would be honoured to play for.
No one has signed with us, Happy said we're poison.

Waiiiiidaaminit!
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 264 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:36 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 2:24 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 26 Apr, 2017 1:58 pm
I wish happy would come back... :cry:

This is his kinda thread..
The stuff that guy was stating was to me basically slanderous. Just giving it to the club. I'm glad that we've signed players and it's obvious that we are a good well run club that any player would be honoured to play for.
Did you read the OP Earl...if we beat the Sharkies the traitorous two will most likely stay...

I would have thought the thread title would mean beating the Sharkies would be another step in keeping the season on track..that a lot have simply written off...not me 9 wins from the remaining 16 games will see us in the finals...

The more we win now the closer that becomes...but I guess for others it's more important to get out there and boooooooooooooooooooooooo......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post Reply

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”