Mitch Moses

Earl

Re: Mitch Moses

Post by Earl » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:30 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 9:22 pm
I'd rather drop him than release him. See how his ego handles playing at 10 30 on Saturday mornings.
Yep. On form he should be in reserve grade.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:31 am

cktiger wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 1:42 am
God .. how many stupid people are on this forum?
Send your hate to someone who deserves it ...losers .
If you blame Moses for us not winning today you need to get a life.
New member and first time poster and don't want to start by picking a fight but I don't read this thread as blaming Moses for our loss last night. Most comments are along that lines that Moses had a shocker. That's undeniable. Some posters are wondering whether it was just a bad game or a deliberate ploy on Moses' part.
Fair question I think. Personally I think it was a shocker brought about by total lack of interest but, given his petulance in recent times it's not unreasonable to ask whether it is something more sinister. If you can believe the print media he asked for an immediate release again this week and was told no by Ivan Cleary. He then proceeds to have a really bad game. Bad form or deliberate? I'm going to go with bad form but can't argue with others who choose to think deliberate.
Chris Lawrence got it right in the post-match presser. We made mistakes that cost us the game. We will learn and get better this year and, with good signings, will be even better next year.
Love the passion of most contributors to the forum.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:32 am

Bring rankin in and let Moses play on cricket pitches out in the bush somewhere.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:35 am

coivtny wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:31 am
cktiger wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 1:42 am
God .. how many stupid people are on this forum?
Send your hate to someone who deserves it ...losers .
If you blame Moses for us not winning today you need to get a life.
New member and first time poster and don't want to start by picking a fight but I don't read this thread as blaming Moses for our loss last night. Most comments are along that lines that Moses had a shocker. That's undeniable. Some posters are wondering whether it was just a bad game or a deliberate ploy on Moses' part.
Fair question I think. Personally I think it was a shocker brought about by total lack of interest but, given his petulance in recent times it's not unreasonable to ask whether it is something more sinister. If you can believe the print media he asked for an immediate release again this week and was told no by Ivan Cleary. He then proceeds to have a really bad game. Bad form or deliberate? I'm going to go with bad form but can't argue with others who choose to think deliberate.
Chris Lawrence got it right in the post-match presser. We made mistakes that cost us the game. We will learn and get better this year and, with good signings, will be even better next year.
Love the passion of most contributors to the forum.
Great first post mate. Welcome. Don't be afraid to be critical of other posters' views. Thats what we are here for, robust discussion on a club that makes you tear your hair out.

My view on Moses is that he didnt deliberately set out to lose the game. But I believe that he decided just to play the way he wanted and not care about the consequences. If it came off, great. If not, who cares.

That, or that he did deliberately tank, is the only way you can explain a cross-field kick to a winger on one leg on the 50m mark when we are up with 25 to go.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:05 am

Surely we can find an 'A' grade club that will give him a spot for the rest of the season somewhere in our catchment area.

What have you guys got against our reserve grade players that you want to palm him off on them. I say drop him to a team that is playing at his level and that would be 'A' grade at best.

I say bring RANKIN back for next week, he is also kicking better than ? and will let Brooks play his own game and run the team.

Should not be released under any circumstances - DROP HIM!!!!!

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:10 am

Agreed. I wouldn't play him in first grade in 2017 unless he has a massive shift in form and attitude and I can't see that happening. His form, or lack thereof, is hurting us and his attitude must be damaging team harmony. I wouldn't release him to Parramatta either unless we get a good player in exchange because to release him is to reward bad behaviour.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:14 am

Hopefully something will happen in the next couple of weeks that see's the club sign someone and the premadona can finally be released ..I do not want to see this guy in a Tigers jersey again nuff said over this fool!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:17 am

He can either play to his ability and move on from wests tigers knowing he gave it his all, and contributed very well :pray:
or
play self destructing footy which will hamper the team chances of making the top 8, and be remembered as a " brat". :brick:

From last night's game it looking like the latter......
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:20 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:05 am
Surely we can find an 'A' grade club that will give him a spot for the rest of the season somewhere in our catchment area.

What have you guys got against our reserve grade players that you want to palm him off on them. I say drop him to a team that is playing at his level and that would be 'A' grade at best.

I say bring RANKIN back for next week, he is also kicking better than ? and will let Brooks play his own game and run the team.

Agree with you Russ ...
Moses would get hooked by our local A grade coach .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:23 am

Moses appears to be a show pony. It is important to be able to do the flashy stuff and break games open, and Moses clearly and undeniably has that ability. However, you also need to be able to engage with the contest and grind teams out. It takes composure and patience. The greats of the game can do both - look at Thurston, can magic something out of nothing but also willing to grind the game out when carrying a two point lead. Thus far Moses hasn't shown the ability to do that. I suspect some of it is down to being a brilliant junior and therefore able to try whatever he wants and get away with it. I suspect some of it is coaching; it would seem our previous top grade coaches haven't been able to exert their authority and temper those instinctive plays.

In a longwinded way, I am agreeing with Southerntiger who, as he often does, hit the nail on the head with his post above. No way he tried to lose the game. Rather played on instinct what he saw and did so with a cavalier disregard for the consequences. His reactions to Nofo suggest he is a very frustrated player.

If Moses is to reach his potential he will really need to learn to play with composure. That will take a coach who is willing to lay down the law. Cleary perhaps may have been able to do that, though I think Moses also needs to move from a club where he is apparently had every whim catered to. Sadly I think he will kick on and it will be our loss, but he was never going to do it here anyway.

And Brooks will be a gun.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:25 am

Good luck to Parra having him and Norman in the halves next year. 2 show pony lads with no idea how to steer a team around the park.

Think about this. Parra lost Hayne and had a massive chunk of change to splurge on a marquee player. They signed Foran. Foran does the dirty on them, and that chunk of change is still there. They use it to sign Moses. Insane.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:33 am

TimmyB wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:23 am
Moses appears to be a show pony. It is important to be able to do the flashy stuff and break games open, and Moses clearly and undeniably has that ability. However, you also need to be able to engage with the contest and grind teams out. It takes composure and patience. The greats of the game can do both - look at Thurston, can magic something out of nothing but also willing to grind the game out when carrying a two point lead. Thus far Moses hasn't shown the ability to do that. I suspect some of it is down to being a brilliant junior and therefore able to try whatever he wants and get away with it. I suspect some of it is coaching; it would seem our previous top grade coaches haven't been able to exert their authority and temper those instinctive plays.

In a longwinded way, I am agreeing with Southerntiger who, as he often does, hit the nail on the head with his post above. No way he tried to lose the game. Rather played on instinct what he saw and did so with a cavalier disregard for the consequences. His reactions to Nofo suggest he is a very frustrated player.

If Moses is to reach his potential he will really need to learn to play with composure. That will take a coach who is willing to lay down the law. Cleary perhaps may have been able to do that, though I think Moses also needs to move from a club where he is apparently had every whim catered to. Sadly I think he will kick on and it will be our loss, but he was never going to do it here anyway.

And Brooks will be a gun.
Agree also

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:42 am

Russell wrote:

Totally agree he should be in park football for the rest of the season.Stuff him and stuff Parra.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:44 am

Rankin > Moses, at present.
I think we should drop Moses as he is only hindering Brooks.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rankin, but I think he's the type of player - or JLJ that should slide into the #6 and let Brooks control the show.

Moses too busy trying to be the superstar which is unneeded because LB is the captain of this ship.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:44 am

Russell wrote:

I like that thought, I said make him 18th man for reggies but send him to park football :lol:

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 11:00 am

tigermac88 wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:44 am

I like that thought, I said make him 18th man for reggies but send him to park football :lol:
x3 Could not agree more. He has clearly checked out. Maybe Auburn Warriors could use him as a goal kicker

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 11:22 am

His kicking game was terrible.
His game management and option selection was worse
and his attitude and team spirit even worse.

They should let a couple of those that he had a bit to say to line up against him in an opposed session this week.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 11:29 am

What's the bet he'll be there as first choice until the end of the year...For mine, I would have replaced him at half time.