Im Proud

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Im Proud

Post by sheer64 » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:11 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:01 pm
I'm angry, two fouls, two players lost, nil in return, but possible advantage to their coming opponents. Wrong.
Yes something needs to change, 18th man maybe?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:12 pm

Very proud - within 6 points of the Premiers with only 14.5 men. Admittedly Cronulla were not at their best, but they still had all their troops on the park, we didn't.

What I'm amazed at most is the improvement in our defence! It's nothing short of miraculous really considering how bad it was only 1 month ago.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:13 pm

Tonight was only a continuation of the progression of the club with a far better attitude on the field(except for Moses).To play the 2nd half with only 15 missing our rep players was a good effort

krissy

Post by krissy » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:28 pm

Tonight they showed that they can dig deep when the going gets tough unlike past games.
Ivan has given them back their confidence and it will only get better from here. Brooks had an amazing game and I think he will just get better once Moses goes.
I admit I was worried when Kev was moved to fullback but he covered it far better than I expected.
They were exhausted but they kept trying and that is the attitude that will bring results.
Ivan I love your work.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm

Great effort. A bit of luck go our way and a few kicking errors cost us what would of been a brilliant win with limited troops. Very proud, deserved a win. Well done boys the signs are good moving onwards.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:38 pm

What makes that performance even better is the fact that our forwards were getting dominated all night but, they kept charging at the line. I called Aloiai out after last weeks game against the Dogs and he really stepped up tonight. 14 players put in a performance to be proud of tonight.

I usually like seeing a half giving a teammate a spray but, he was putting on nothing plays and blowing up at an injured player. Probably his worst performance for the club.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. swag tiger.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:52 pm

This is the recession we had to have.

Of all our "clean outs" this is the only time where I feel the vision to actually turn us into a team with a tough mindset is achievable.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:15 pm

massive effort tonight against the odds, injuries, tuff calls and a playmaker who spent more time bagging his own players than playing football. With a ounce of luck we could be 4 from 4 under Cleary, but by this time next year we might not need luck to win games

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm

It was men v boys for much of the game.... We hit it up and get pushed back- regularly

They hit it up and continue to make progress with our blokes struggling to stop them, they play the ball with our blokes still on the deck... Regularly

Hard to be proud of that

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:26 pm

Geez some people get proud easily.

Did we fight yeah sure, but the Sharks made it very easy for us tonight.

Good effort, terrible execution and showed why we need to rebuild our roster.

Post by 2041 » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm
It was men v boys for much of the game.... We hit it up and get pushed back- regularly

They hit it up and continue to make progress with our blokes struggling to stop them, they play the ball with our blokes still on the deck... Regularly

Hard to be proud of that
You're an embarrassment of a fan, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

We have nothing. We're a 10th-14th side that the "best" players are half way out of the door of. We're playing the premiers. We lost our "best" two players to injury during the game. And we aimed up all night, gave everything, and came up just short.

If they're lucky, maybe six of the blokes on the field tonight will run on in round one 2018. But every one of them looked like they were trying to be one of those six.

If you can't be proud of that, I don't want to stand next to you next time they're really good. Pathetic effort - on your part.

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 3:26 am

I was happy with the boys - A little luck and we could have taken the game. I will say something I noticed how dangerous they looked in the red zone. Every set of six in there seemed to be testing the defense rather than the usual side to side with no idea.

Last tackle options still need improving - but that will come

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 3:54 am

Wasn't able to watch the game, but checked out the highlights and presso from Cleary.

Seemed to be a pretty good effort against the Premiers, lost the 2nd half 12-2 with really only 14 players given Nofo was injured as well. Missing Woods and Teddy that 2nd half.

How Teddy's try was a no try was garbage and Cleary commented on that during the presso.

Years gone by we would have been lapped with those injuries. The mentality of the team has changed for the better.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 4:05 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 9:45 pm
Yep 15 blokes out there having a dig ....All you can ask...Was a gutsy performance ..no shame in that loss..
X2

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 6:52 am

2041 wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:36 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm

Hard to be proud of that
You're an embarrassment of a fan, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

We have nothing. We're a 10th-14th side that the "best" players are half way out of the door of. We're playing the premiers. We lost our "best" two players to injury during the game. And we aimed up all night, gave everything, and came up just short.

If they're lucky, maybe six of the blokes on the field tonight will run on in round one 2018. But every one of them looked like they were trying to be one of those six.

If you can't be proud of that, I don't want to stand next to you next time they're really good. Pathetic effort - on your part.
You can make excuses to make yourself feel better.
It was like u/16s v u/10s for much of the game.
Our fans are proud of what other teams fans expect each week.
It seems some are proud that we didn't capitulate like it looked like we might have early on and often have in the past.
Im happy there are some positives to take out of last night... That's all
Carry on tirading

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 8:45 am

Yep agreed great performance and to nearly pull it of against the odds was fantastic. To lose two key players and still be in the contest shows how the team is working for each other love it

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:41 am

Another proud Tiger here too.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:46 am

Yep. Can't fault their effort and that's all u ask as a fan. That they have a go. Will be holding my head high this week.