Staging....

•  Recent Topics
cuzzo

Staging....

Post by cuzzo » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:32 pm

Is there a match review committee ? Excuse my ignorance I'm a mad West supporter but based in Melbourne, I know the AFL have one down here.

If so if you are found to have -

- staged
- taken a dive
- stayed down

In my opinion you should get weeks, the game has come a long way from the old days but if this is where it's going I for one will be switching off.

The NRL have gained many former AFL supporters who have turned away from AFL due to the lack of contact & game dominating of umpires.

The rule book is black & white but at the end of the day the ref is in control and has final say, common sense should always prevail.

Diving - the lowest act on a football ground
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:36 pm

The fact that the NRL have all those camera angles to look at yet refuse to use them to get the correct decision is baffling. Common sense 99% decision says play on, try.
A lot of decisions involving WT seem to get more than the usual amount of reviews, with the decision usually wrong. That is frustrating.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 29 Apr, 2017 10:41 pm

Diving vitually happens in every set... Both teams try to use it to gain advantage across a lot of different aspects of the game.

Gallen is very good at it. It's kept NSW close to Qld for years
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017