Sabre wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:11 pm
king sirro wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:06 pm
Sabre wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:04 pm
king sirro wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:00 pm

Maybe im seeing things wrong. Can you explain how Elijah Taylor scores points when Chris Lawrence made every Tiger player look like a reserve grader?

Im so over the love and bias for Elijah Taylor. And thats from someone who like him. But the bias towards him is rediculous.
Because Taylor actually makes an impact.
Lawrence tries his arse off but comes up with not much each time.

Nobody stood out tonight, apart from those who stood out for how crap they were.

Lawrence was mediocre. I love his commitment to the club but as usual he's just not good enough.
OMG Elijah Talyor makes less impact than anyone. Give me one example of him making an "impact".
Just my opinion champ
No need to take it as gospel and get so antsy about it
So support your opinion mate. Thats all im asking. If u cant support it then clearly its not right. Taylor is the forums love child and no one can really support why. Impact? He has no impact. He works hard defensively, tries to wrestle and slow the ruck....thats good. On the flip side he is small for a middle player, makes no hard yards like middle players need to. Im searching for the "impact" u refer to.

No offence to u mate....its just that your comment represent the majority of the love for Elijah so ive jumped on it for answers cos i just dont see it like so many do. I'm starting to fear he is going to hold this side back. We cant have a small middle player making no hard yards and not being a threat.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:40 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:17 pm
Aloiai.3 2 1 .The only bloke to dent the line and hurt anyone in defence.
He is good this kid isn't he. He is a prop though. He has a lot more impact than all the other props on our roster. I don't reckon he can play big minutes but he has to be locked in for the next couple of years.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:42 pm

3. Rowdy
2. Matt Mc
1. ET
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:42 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:18 pm
We cant have a small middle player making no hard yards and not being a threat.
That is what you get with ET. You get a lot of skill and a lot of effort and a guy that can do a lot for your team but he isn't the guy to get you tough metres up the middle.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:44 pm

3 - Lawrence
2 - McIlwrick
1 - Brooks

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:47 pm

Lawrence is the only player that deserves points imo - and that in itself is frightening.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:47 pm

king sirro wrote:

So support your opinion mate. Thats all im asking. If u cant support it then clearly its not right. Taylor is the forums love child and no one can really support why. Impact?
I can't deny he has little impact, but 62 tackles, effective wrestle and some decent ball-play are great. He got my 3 points tonight.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:57 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:05 pm
3 - Lawrence
2 - McIlwrick
1 - Brooks
That's about right.

Taylor tackled his arse off. A very good game. He will go a lot better when next years pack are on the field.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 12 May, 2017 10:59 pm

I actually thought MWZ had a go,made some tough runs and put some decent hits on.
One dumb mistake late in the game when we were trying to chase points.
But all in all I think he was alright.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:10 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sabre wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Sabre wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 9:56 pm
3. ET
2. McIlwrick
1. No one else deserves points.

Maybe im seeing things wrong. Can you explain how Elijah Taylor scores points when Chris Lawrence made every Tiger player look like a reserve grader?

Im so over the love and bias for Elijah Taylor. And thats from someone who like him. But the bias towards him is rediculous.

Nobody stood out tonight, apart from those who stood out for how crap they were.

Lawrence was mediocre. I love his commitment to the club but as usual he's just not good enough.
OMG Elijah Talyor makes less impact than anyone. Give me one example of him making an "impact".
ET is a defensive workhorse he made 62 tackles most of which, were cleaning up for the rest of these pretend first graders. He is a very good player not an impact meter eater we need props and he will shine.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:10 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 10:11 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Just my opinion champ
No need to take it as gospel and get so antsy about it
So support your opinion mate. Thats all im asking. If u cant support it then clearly its not right. Taylor is the forums love child and no one can really support why. Impact? He has no impact. He works hard defensively, tries to wrestle and slow the ruck....thats good. On the flip side he is small for a middle player, makes no hard yards like middle players need to. Im searching for the "impact" u refer to.

No offence to u mate....its just that your comment represent the majority of the love for Elijah so ive jumped on it for answers cos i just dont see it like so many do. I'm starting to fear he is going to hold this side back. We cant have a small middle player making no hard yards and not being a threat.
[/quote

Do you realise what you're asking?
Are you expecting me to go through the tapes, find examples, cut it out and post it online for you to watch?

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:12 pm

3. Lawrence
2. McIlwrick
1. Brooks
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:12 pm

In my books 62 tackles is an impact.
You don't have to be making linebreak after linebreak to have an impact on the game.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:14 pm

3 - Lawrence/ ET
2 - McIlwrick
1 - Brooks

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:43 pm

People need to chill out a little. It was just one loss but, was anyone really hoping for anything from this season? The ball is in Cleary's court, he'll do what needs to be done to get this team back in premiership contention. Don't think he's just sitting around on his hands thinking of ways to make the team play worse. The problem with tonights performance was that we tried to beat Souths at their own game and we don't have the forwards for that. We really took it to them in defence with some hard hits but, that's exactly what they wanted. We missed a lot of tackles tonight. We should have played the game with our halves and outside backs but, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:46 pm

Tacky wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 11:43 pm
People need to chill out a little. It was just one loss but, was anyone really hoping for anything from this season? The ball is in Cleary's court, he'll do what needs to be done to get this team back in premiership contention. Don't think he's just sitting around on his hands thinking of ways to make the team play worse. The problem with tonights performance was that we tried to beat Souths at their own game and we don't have the forwards for that. We really took it to them in defence with some hard hits but, that's exactly what they wanted. We missed a lot of tackles tonight. We should have played the game with our halves and outside backs but, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Very nice 3,2,1....summation there...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:46 pm

Mayby Lawrence looked better on TV but 47 meters and 6 missed tackles doesen't scream out effort for me. Joel Edwards made more meters, more tackles and missed a lot less despite playing 32 less minutes

I will watch the replay tommorrow having just returned from the game but for now

3. Ava Seumanufagai
2.Luke Brooks
1. Joel Edwards / Moses Suli /David Nofoaluma

MWZ and McIllwrick were good esp MWZ in his 1st outing and ET was a true professional as always and prob deserves points above

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 12 May, 2017 11:48 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 11:46 pm
Tacky wrote:
Fri 12 May, 2017 11:43 pm
Very nice 3,2,1....summation there...
Just a mini rant but, I don't want to start another thread. It was more related to some of the comments in this 3,2,1 thread.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.