Live game thread - Contains spoilers

helmesy

Re: Live game thread - Contains spoilers

Post by helmesy » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:34 pm
Wasn't too bad tonight, don't think anyone expected us to get near the Broncs esp with Brooks out. You can't expect much from a completely ISP halves pairing.

In fact I took it much better than last week, last week was tough watching some real peahearts throw in the towel against a fairly ordinary Bunnies side.

Suli was good again, he needs early ball. Turdesco has lost his mojo, it got a bit better back 20 when they started just giving him early ball in space, but the kid is all wheels at the moment, just pinballing everywhere and hoping to pop through the line. I don't know where Teddy's next try assist is going to come from, he doesn't set any one up and when he does throw them they are interceptily horrible.

Rankin wasn't so bad, rusty, at least he was present and diving around in defence. JLJ, wow pedestrian, hardly went looking for the ball.

Liddle was enterprising. Woods went ok, big minutes. People bag him but nobody else was getting any go-forward and he opened the game with 30 mins 3 weeks after doing his hammy.

Rest of the forwards, nope nope nope, no wonder Cleary is replacing them en masse. Jessie Sue just won't make it, he's had enough time to develop. Tim Grant should really only be borderline FG, backup, because he lacks the fire and smart football brain. Lovett, Edwards, these blokes are all stop-gap. MCK was alright, I have time for him.

Aloiai will be back, the potential is still there. ET will tackle all day but he needs help.

Would love to know what Cleary plans for Twal, Felise, Tatola, if any of them really have a legit shot.

MWZ is modest but no threat in attack. Nofo, everyone saw it; if there is one guy Cleary needs to defensively reset it's Nofo. People have bagged Naiqama but honestly since he's been shifted to wing, defensively he's been alright - just keep him away from centres. But Nofo, not the quickest of wingers, he makes so many bad decisions. In his first game, when Cleary talked about some players falling back on old defensive habits under fatigue, he was talking about Nofo.
Good analysis, spot on.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:43 pm

Fair Dinkum, all this emotion.
Yes a bit of hindsight certainly helps, but honestly compare the sides that took the field tonight.
Honestly what did you all expect.
I'll tell you how to fix the problems in this piss poor side, follow the lead of the Dragons. Forwards, Forwards and more quality forwards.
The Dragons were a debacle last year, Widdop and the rest of the Dragons backline were woeful. Move on to 2017, totally different players.
Its their forward pack, its that simple.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:44 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wasn't too bad tonight, don't think anyone expected us to get near the Broncs esp with Brooks out. You can't expect much from a completely ISP halves pairing.

In fact I took it much better than last week, last week was tough watching some real peahearts throw in the towel against a fairly ordinary Bunnies side.

Suli was good again, he needs early ball. Turdesco has lost his mojo, it got a bit better back 20 when they started just giving him early ball in space, but the kid is all wheels at the moment, just pinballing everywhere and hoping to pop through the line. I don't know where Teddy's next try assist is going to come from, he doesn't set any one up and when he does throw them they are interceptily horrible.

Rankin wasn't so bad, rusty, at least he was present and diving around in defence. JLJ, wow pedestrian, hardly went looking for the ball.

Liddle was enterprising. Woods went ok, big minutes. People bag him but nobody else was getting any go-forward and he opened the game with 30 mins 3 weeks after doing his hammy.

Rest of the forwards, nope nope nope, no wonder Cleary is replacing them en masse. Jessie Sue just won't make it, he's had enough time to develop. Tim Grant should really only be borderline FG, backup, because he lacks the fire and smart football brain. Lovett, Edwards, these blokes are all stop-gap. MCK was alright, I have time for him.

Aloiai will be back, the potential is still there. ET will tackle all day but he needs help.

Would love to know what Cleary plans for Twal, Felise, Tatola, if any of them really have a legit shot.

MWZ is modest but no threat in attack. Nofo, everyone saw it; if there is one guy Cleary needs to defensively reset it's Nofo. People have bagged Naiqama but honestly since he's been shifted to wing, defensively he's been alright - just keep him away from centres. But Nofo, not the quickest of wingers, he makes so many bad decisions. In his first game, when Cleary talked about some players falling back on old defensive habits under fatigue, he was talking about Nofo.
Good summary of the game
:sign:

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:45 pm

Interesting you mentioned MWZ....its evidence that not much has changed here...were still buying other teams rejects....Gus Gould is no mug he knows who to cut

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:46 pm

jirskyr wrote:

As soon as I saw JLJ in team list .... and the second row .... well! :deadhorse:
The coach has very little to work with and lets face it most of these players know they will not be at WT next year.

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:47 pm

Spoon is looming. We deserve it. Why do I make an effort to watch this team go around.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:57 pm

No spoon this year Cleary is to good a coach ,I do not even remotely think that this is in the coaches DNA.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:59 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:55 pm
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:51 pm
Wow! Teddy may as well have said "this team is rubbish and I am too good to play with these guys"
Hah!
He had to get in that he was giving 110%...lol...he did try hard tonight tho
He gave his all tonight I agree unlucky not to get a try but he sounded over the performances of those around him
And something like "that sin bin really put us on the back foot" uh.. that was you Teddy.. Slight pause, and he finally takes the blame "for that one". He always looks so frustrated playing with our team.. And talking about them.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 20 May, 2017 3:57 am

Missed the game due to work, given the scoreline, didn't miss out on much, but reading through here it appears we did alright with some of the ref decisions. Seems like the Broncs got away with a few forward passes.

In any event, seems like this year is definitely a right off and we need more forwards, a fullback and it appears maybe some backup halves?

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:09 am

Sco77y wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 11:59 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wow! Teddy may as well have said "this team is rubbish and I am too good to play with these guys"
Hah!

What exactly did Tedesco say after the game I switched off when it finished!

He gave his all tonight I agree unlucky not to get a try but he sounded over the performances of those around him
And something like "that sin bin really put us on the back foot" uh.. that was you Teddy.. Slight pause, and he finally takes the blame "for that one". He always looks so frustrated playing with our team.. And talking about them.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:19 am

I dont know if we will get the spoon but the team Cleary inherited from JT is very capable of getting one.I have never seen such a mediocre selection of players through all 3 grades.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:29 am

Snake wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:04 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Hah!
On the subject of Tedesco on at least 4 occasions he had 2 or 3 players on the outside with a chance of doing something so what happens every time he came back in field ...what's with that.Seems to me Tedesco is playing for Tedesco ,it is a team sport pal.
What's the point of him passing, he's the only hope that we have of breaking the line. If he doesn't, no one else is likely to. Sadly it's been like that for a long time

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:41 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 20 May, 2017 7:29 am
Snake wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:04 pm
innsaneink wrote:

Hah!
On the subject of Tedesco on at least 4 occasions he had 2 or 3 players on the outside with a chance of doing something so what happens every time he came back in field ...what's with that.Seems to me Tedesco is playing for Tedesco ,it is a team sport pal.
What's the point of him passing, he's the only hope that we have of breaking the line. If he doesn't, no one else is likely to. Sadly it's been like that for a long time
Couldn't agree more. Its like he has decided the only way to win is to give him the ball. Its like under 8s stuff. Seriously Teddy, just do your job at the back, chime in when required and you might find it is actually better, instead of getting in everyone elses way and jamming everyone in the process. Its almost like he is taking the wrong option every time. He passes to players when they have no room or when they are in a worse position, and he runs when there is an overlap and gets swamped.

The reason he is getting smashed is because he has become so predictable at the moment. Not saying he isnt trying, but the guys head is clearly not in a good space and his form is terrible. Even sat at the ground last night and Broncos supporters were yelling out "He wont pass it, dont worry", and they were right.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

everett8

Post by everett8 » Sat 20 May, 2017 8:21 am

Last night's game went the way everyone predicted.

When you have a team that has only 5 genuine NRL standard players playing a team of internationals with endless third party deals it will also end this way.

Only Teddy, Noffo (attack only), Suli, ET, Woods, Aliola and Liddle are NRL standard.

Lawrence and Brooks were missed last night.

I like to see Ivan give some of our up and coming players in State Cup get a run and some NRL experience under their belts. Marsters, Felise, Taola, etc.

Lovett and Edwards should not be considered.

Sue's development appears to be going backwards.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Sat 20 May, 2017 8:36 am

everett8 wrote:
Sat 20 May, 2017 8:21 am
Last night's game went the way everyone predicted.

When you have a team that has only 5 genuine NRL standard players playing a team of internationals with endless third party deals it will also end this way.

Only Teddy, Noffo (attack only), Suli, ET, Woods, Aliola and Liddle are NRL standard.

Lawrence and Brooks were missed last night.

I like to see Ivan give some of our up and coming players in State Cup get a run and some NRL experience under their belts. Marsters, Felise, Taola, etc.

Lovett and Edwards should not be considered.

Sue's development appears to be going backwards.
I'd almost say don't bring them into this terrible side at the risk of destroying their own confidence.. But geez Lovett and Edwards are hopeless. We have better than them available and I'd really like to see them out of the club tbh, they do nothing and both of their games were riddled with critical mistakes last night. The lack of quality there really showed.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 20 May, 2017 10:08 am

Its time to give up on Lovett; Edwards and bring in Masters; Taoloa and Felise

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 20 May, 2017 10:53 am

TigerWoods wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:11 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:06 pm
Who cares what we are paying players from other clubs this year. 2017 is a write off anyway. Fresh set of dice in 2018.
We should bloody care because that is a hell of a lot of money to be wasted on players no longer at the club. That's 2-3 quality players who could of helped us tonight.
These sorts of practices have got to stop. You sound like a board member, yeah who cares, it's only 1 mill of salary cap, they can go play somewhere else. It's why the WT business is being run into the ground.
What is your point here - we cannot buy anyone else with the 1 mill - if we didn't pay them to play for somebody else - we would be playing them to play for us. That would have won us the game eh!

I look forward to a positive post from you sometime in the next five years. Won't hold my breath though.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat 20 May, 2017 10:59 am

Anyone got an update on the on Josh's Injury didnt look great on the tele ?