Live game thread - Contains spoilers

Snake

Re: Live game thread - Contains spoilers

Post by Snake » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:09 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:06 pm
Who cares what we are paying players from other clubs this year. 2017 is a write off anyway. Fresh set of dice in 2018.
Yes who cares ..water under the bridge and IMO moving forward it will be worth every cent paid to get rid of those individuals!

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Who cares what we are paying players from other clubs this year. 2017 is a write off anyway. Fresh set of dice in 2018.
We should bloody care because that is a hell of a lot of money to be wasted on players no longer at the club. That's 2-3 quality players who could of helped us tonight.
These sorts of practices have got to stop. You sound like a board member, yeah who cares, it's only 1 mill of salary cap, they can go play somewhere else. It's why the WT business is being run into the ground.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:11 pm

bring in jj felise, tatula ? and marsters next week I want to see how they go. Seasons over so we might as well give them a go.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:11 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:04 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:55 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:51 pm
Wow! Teddy may as well have said "this team is rubbish and I am too good to play with these guys"
Hah!
He had to get in that he was giving 110%...lol...he did try hard tonight tho
He gave his all tonight I agree unlucky not to get a try but he sounded over the performances of those around him
On the subject of Tedesco on at least 4 occasions he had 2 or 3 players on the outside with a chance of doing something so what happens every time he came back in field ...what's with that.Seems to me Tedesco is playing for Tedesco ,it is a team sport pal.
I've thought this for a while now. He rarely gives the pass. Look at his performance in origin last year as an example. He is so use to being the star of the show and cutting teams apart himself he doesn't look for other options. He breaks the 1st tackle regularly but rarely makes a line break. He needs to build his passing and vision to take his game to the next level, unfortunately I can see the roosters giving him the guidance he needs to achieve this.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:13 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Rankin was so, so bad tonight. And JT played him on the wing over JAC.
Sigh.
JT would have to have been the worst Tigers coach ever.
Lamb was much worse and Jones was about equal to JT

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:13 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:11 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
We should bloody care because that is a hell of a lot of money to be wasted on players no longer at the club. That's 2-3 quality players who could of helped us tonight.
These sorts of practices have got to stop. You sound like a board member, yeah who cares, it's only 1 mill of salary cap, they can go play somewhere else. It's why the WT business is being run into the ground.
We have record membership numbers. Yeah, business is really being run into the ground :D

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:14 pm

Seantice wrote:
bring in jj felise, tatula ? and marsters next week I want to see how they go. Seasons over so we might as well give them a go.
This is exactly what we need to do. Give the young guys a taste and see how they go. Don't rush them just a game of two to get a feel what the next level is like and back to develop their games. We've seen what the current guys can do for a couple of seasons and it's not what we beed

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:14 pm

Thought we were looking at 50+

Right side defence still terrible

Suli played well but should get the ball more often.

Tedesco never passes and if he does its a low percentage pass.

Forwards look lost when we are attacking and run terrible lines and get in the way.

Didnt really expect much from this game.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:14 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
You still do not get it ...it was not about the money ,it is always better to cut the cancer out no matter what it costs!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:15 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Rankin was so, so bad tonight. And JT played him on the wing over JAC.
Sigh.
JT would have to have been the worst Tigers coach ever.
Build a bridge.

der Tiger

Post by der Tiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:19 pm

Did Woods and Tedesco play themselves out of an origin spot? Will be interesting to see if Laurie has a backbone. As a Qlder I hope they are selected

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:19 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:03 pm
851 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:01 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:57 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 9:46 pm
1 mil of our cap as donations to bunnies and sea eagles
We're only paying Farah aren't we? Sironen asked for a release so he shouldn't be getting paid a cent from us.
No JT sent Siro out and agreed to pay manly as well, we are coughing up $1million for players to play against us
Are you sure? That beggars belief. With all due respect I really hope you're wrong
He's right. This year only though.
Clean slate next year for the first time in a loooong time.

I know we all hate losing, but that team hard more heart than previous weeks simply because Moses is gone, which is a good start for me.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:20 pm

We had no attack, which put further pressure on our defence. I actually think that had Brooks been fit and played, we would have been a chance.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:20 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:14 pm
Thought we were looking at 50+

Right side defence still terrible

Suli played well but should get the ball more often.

Tedesco never passes and if he does its a low percentage pass.

Forwards look lost when we are attacking and run terrible lines and get in the way.

Didnt really expect much from this game.
No one did yet the complaining has started. Really, what's the purpose in laying into guys like Rankin, JLJ, Edwards etc. I could understand if they were first choice options, but everyone knows they are there because there is no one else. If they are there round 1 next year, then complain. Complaining about them now with the squad we have is whinging for the sake of whinging.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:21 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:09 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yes who cares ..water under the bridge and IMO moving forward it will be worth every cent paid to get rid of those individuals!
I brought it up, and tbh I don't mind these decisions and agree wi you both. Simply reminding people why we might not be competitive given we are using a smaller percentage of the cap than other teams.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:22 pm

Snake wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
You still do not get it ...it was not about the money ,it is always better to cut the cancer out no matter what it costs!
Yeah okay. How many other teams are paying players to play elsewhere? And how much are spending 1 mill.
I see what you're saying re the cancer comment but surely dropping someone to reserves or getting a player in return makes more sense.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Post by 851 » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:31 pm

Snake wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Siro was hardly cancer, and he is better than Rankin, JLJ, Edwards and Lovett, we could have used him tonight
Go hard or go home

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:34 pm

Wasn't too bad tonight, don't think anyone expected us to get near the Broncs esp with Brooks out. You can't expect much from a completely ISP halves pairing.

In fact I took it much better than last week, last week was tough watching some real peahearts throw in the towel against a fairly ordinary Bunnies side.

Suli was good again, he needs early ball. Turdesco has lost his mojo, it got a bit better back 20 when they started just giving him early ball in space, but the kid is all wheels at the moment, just pinballing everywhere and hoping to pop through the line. I don't know where Teddy's next try assist is going to come from, he doesn't set any one up and when he does throw them they are interceptily horrible.

Rankin wasn't so bad, rusty, at least he was present and diving around in defence. JLJ, wow pedestrian, hardly went looking for the ball.

Liddle was enterprising. Woods went ok, big minutes. People bag him but nobody else was getting any go-forward and he opened the game with 30 mins 3 weeks after doing his hammy.

Rest of the forwards, nope nope nope, no wonder Cleary is replacing them en masse. Jessie Sue just won't make it, he's had enough time to develop. Tim Grant should really only be borderline FG, backup, because he lacks the fire and smart football brain. Lovett, Edwards, these blokes are all stop-gap. MCK was alright, I have time for him.

Aloiai will be back, the potential is still there. ET will tackle all day but he needs help.

Would love to know what Cleary plans for Twal, Felise, Tatola, if any of them really have a legit shot.

MWZ is modest but no threat in attack. Nofo, everyone saw it; if there is one guy Cleary needs to defensively reset it's Nofo. People have bagged Naiqama but honestly since he's been shifted to wing, defensively he's been alright - just keep him away from centres. But Nofo, not the quickest of wingers, he makes so many bad decisions. In his first game, when Cleary talked about some players falling back on old defensive habits under fatigue, he was talking about Nofo.