Nofo

Tigers17

Re: Nofo

Post by Tigers17 » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:51 pm

Get a pack of forwards, who actually play like a pack of forwards, and this kid will be a different player.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:55 pm

Nofo needs to wear one of those electric dog collars , that way Cleary can give the idiot a zap when he's out of position .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:58 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:51 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:37 pm
We've beefed up the pack for 2018 which is great, but we desperately need at least 2 quality outside backs, plus a fullback. I'm stumped as to why we haven't been active. No interest in Gagai or Chambers. Its not like we don't have the money. Ridiculous.
Agree with you 1000%...gagai would have been ideal...yet we are signing unknowns like Gamble and lolohea
Lolohea isnt an unknown. Without exagerating he got pushed out of the Warriors FG by Foran and Tuivasa Sheck... 50% of teams in the comp would trade out for those 2. Lolohea, is young, skilled, and extremely dis-enfranchised. Unkown is a ridiculous statement.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
We've beefed up the pack for 2018 which is great, but we desperately need at least 2 quality outside backs, plus a fullback. I'm stumped as to why we haven't been active. No interest in Gagai or Chambers. Its not like we don't have the money. Ridiculous.
They'd be 2 players to get excited about. The potential of Suli is all we can look forward to right now. It is ridiculous that this whole section of our team are reserve grade standard. We're crying out for players of the calibre of Gagai and Chambers.. Unbelievable we can't seem to get one.

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:07 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:58 pm
Spacecub wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:51 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Agree with you 1000%...gagai would have been ideal...yet we are signing unknowns like Gamble and lolohea
Lolohea isnt an unknown. Without exagerating he got pushed out of the Warriors FG by Foran and Tuivasa Sheck... 50% of teams in the comp would trade out for those 2. Lolohea, is young, skilled, and extremely dis-enfranchised. Unkown is a ridiculous statement.
Thats fair enough...I'll change my opinion of him from unknown to unproven....just feel its a risk buying someone who can make a side thats going like a busted
Last edited by Spacecub on Fri 19 May, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:12 pm

Sco77y wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 11:02 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
They'd be 2 players to get excited about. The potential of Suli is all we can look forward to right now. It is ridiculous that this whole section of our team are reserve grade standard. We're crying out for players of the calibre of Gagai and Chambers.. Unbelievable we can't seem to get one.
Its all about who we are targeting...we have the cash...but other clubs seem to buy better

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:21 pm

Yeah I get you Spacecub.... sorry for sounding harsh, and the heads up is, unproven is a good place to start with him.

He has hands, a step backed with power that Benji could dream of... but its coupled with the low footy IQ the NZRL cannot seem to get out of their system. But i would bet my bottom dollar we are going to want to kill him before we start praising him.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:24 pm

Been saying it for ages. He's a liability. One of the most overrated players around.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:27 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:50 pm
Im not going to lie, I like the guy, so I may be a little bias, but i dont think he is getting done all the time because he isnt numbering up... i think he may be the symptom, and is being done more often than not because the inside men leave him an overlap.

I know he has bad calls in him no doubt, but it think he is outnumbered more often than not, so cops heat for failures in the middle.

I try to watch him closely, and I cannot figure it out. His calls arent great, but the numbers to do him in are already there, its kind of as if it doesnt matter who he chooses to hit he is damned, and is flopping at intercept reading poorly to make up for it.
This...

Nofoaluma has his issues sure ...the whole right side is to compressed they do not slide from the middle...plain to see athe the ground...Nofoaluma stays on his wing there would be a 10-15m hole between his centre for the opposition to strole through...the few times they did adjust well Nofoluma took his opposite into touch...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:31 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 11:21 pm
Yeah I get you Spacecub.... sorry for sounding harsh, and the heads up is, unproven is a good place to start with him.

He has hands, a step backed with power that Benji could dream of... but its coupled with the low footy IQ the NZRL cannot seem to get out of their system. But i would bet my bottom dollar we are going to want to kill him before we start praising him.
I agree...no one more than me hopes he's a sensation and turnes out to be the next Thurston or slater...but as i dont have Foxtel and thanks to chn9 we dont get to see the Warriors play, so i just havent seen much of the kid....just tonight highlited we need some proven class and experience in the backline

barra

Post by barra » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 11:27 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Im not going to lie, I like the guy, so I may be a little bias, but i dont think he is getting done all the time because he isnt numbering up... i think he may be the symptom, and is being done more often than not because the inside men leave him an overlap.

I know he has bad calls in him no doubt, but it think he is outnumbered more often than not, so cops heat for failures in the middle.

I try to watch him closely, and I cannot figure it out. His calls arent great, but the numbers to do him in are already there, its kind of as if it doesnt matter who he chooses to hit he is damned, and is flopping at intercept reading poorly to make up for it.
This...

Nofoaluma has his issues sure ...the whole right side is to compressed they do not slide from the middle...plain to see athe the ground...Nofoaluma stays on his wing there would be a 10-15m hole between his centre for the opposition to strole through...the few times they did adjust well Nofoluma took his opposite into touch...
Yep. There is no push from the inside men, no urgency, nothing pushing across.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Fri 19 May, 2017 11:41 pm

He can't tackle with left shoulder, should swap sides with Kev so he can defend outside inn not as embarrassing as not being able to outrun a prop though

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 20 May, 2017 6:02 am

Geo. wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

This...

Absolutely, the first try was rankin committing to the runner. When the inside defence held the line Nofo was solid. He stays on the wing and they score through that gaping hole between him and the centre.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 20 May, 2017 6:59 am

Geo. wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

This...

This is what I'm seeing....simply we are not working hard enough from the middle

palms

Post by palms » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:13 am

I can't disagree more to the OP. If he was getting beaten on the outside in a 15 metre corridor to jam in only to tackle the same player as his centre then fair enough.

At the moment when he is coming in he is covering about 30 metres of open paddock meaning what the last few sensible posters have said, his inside men are just not doing enough work to push across. All of this starts from your props and we know Woods is very lazy in this instant. How many times for the dogs do you see Graham making a cover tackle in the corner to save a try. That is called attitude.

This then transfers to your Second Rowers, and don't get me started on ours but I'll stick to the defensive side of this conversation for now. The indecision has already been created and our back rowers are both too slow and too bad which then leaves poor little Moses/Brooks/Rankin/JLJ to have to cover 2 men when they can't tackle one.
The centre inevitably finds himself halfway in from the touchline covering 2 blokes himself.
When we finally get to Nofo he looks up and there are 3 men running at him and has to the turn and cover another 50 unnecessary metres chasing everyone, taking his total run metres to 200 with the ball and 500 without.

Oh and he's playing injured. Give the bloke a break, he's one of our best every week. Put Chambers, Pearce and Cordner inside of him...you get my drift.
Last edited by palms on Sat 20 May, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:17 am

Defence is a major issue. He always leaves his man unmarked no matter where we are on the field.

He looks injured at the moment. We need to rest him until he is 100%

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Sat 20 May, 2017 7:54 am

You cannot blame the winger when his inside men always leave him with 2 or 3 men to tackle. Whats he meant to do? Stay on the wing and let the 2 unmarked players inside him score untouched. When the defense numbers up and it comes his way, he takes oates into touch. Its starts from the second row to the 5/8 to the center before it gets to the wing and we are always short on that side.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 May, 2017 8:03 am

Tigrr wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 10:25 pm
He needs to become a fullback maybe ???
Hell No. he's pretty ordinary under high balls