Going to the game

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Going to the game

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 24 May, 2017 6:40 pm

So, I was considering going to this game. It would be my first time attending a Wests Tigers game, which is for a number of reasons. The game fits perfectly into my schedule. Anyway, I was wondering if people who have been to ANZ before can give some advice or information regarding seating and anything else or, if you have any opinions about this game. Since it's an away game is there a preferable place to sit? Is there anything I should know about the transport to the stadium?
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25103
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 24 May, 2017 6:44 pm

How to get there depends on where you are coming from and where to sit depends on your budget...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 24 May, 2017 7:11 pm

ANZ is a soulless pit. There is no atmosphere regardless of where you sit.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 24 May, 2017 7:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 6:44 pm
How to get there depends on where you are coming from and where to sit depends on your budget...?
Budget = Uni student - Coming from = The Coast (the central one).

Is the opposition GA area decent? And do you know what public transport is like after the game?
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25103
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 24 May, 2017 7:33 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 6:44 pm
How to get there depends on where you are coming from and where to sit depends on your budget...?
Budget = Uni student - Coming from = The Coast (the central one).

Is the opposition GA area decent? And do you know what public transport is like after the game?
Train to Central then Train to Olympic Park puts you at the Door...Tickets Concession in Away GA Bays are $19...

You can plan your trip here... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/

Tickets.... http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/D ... DA/tickets
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 24 May, 2017 7:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:33 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 6:44 pm
How to get there depends on where you are coming from and where to sit depends on your budget...?
Budget = Uni student - Coming from = The Coast (the central one).

Is the opposition GA area decent? And do you know what public transport is like after the game?
Train to Central then Train to Olympic Park puts you at the Door...Tickets Concession in Away GA Bays are $19...

You can plan your trip here... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/

Tickets.... http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/D ... DA/tickets
Thanks for that mate. Now I just need decide if it's worth it. I might wait to see the team lists.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Unread post by Milky » Wed 24 May, 2017 7:57 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:33 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 6:44 pm
How to get there depends on where you are coming from and where to sit depends on your budget...?
Budget = Uni student - Coming from = The Coast (the central one).

Is the opposition GA area decent? And do you know what public transport is like after the game?
Train to Central then Train to Olympic Park puts you at the Door...Tickets Concession in Away GA Bays are $19...

You can plan your trip here... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/

Tickets.... http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/D ... DA/tickets
Thanks for that mate. Now I just need decide if it's worth it. I might wait to see the team lists.
Why catch a train? Doesn't the BANDWAGON stop at the Coast?

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25430
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 24 May, 2017 8:07 pm

Get out at Strathfield if train goes via Epping?

I don't know what opposition Ga is like my guess full of peanut stains fans

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25103
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 24 May, 2017 8:15 pm

Get out at Strathfield if train goes via Epping?

I don't know what opposition Ga is like my guess full of peanut stains fans
We are the opposition for this game... :?

Stains home game...ANZ members get reciprocal rights...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 24 May, 2017 8:38 pm

Milky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:57 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:33 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 7:22 pm


Budget = Uni student - Coming from = The Coast (the central one).

Is the opposition GA area decent? And do you know what public transport is like after the game?
Train to Central then Train to Olympic Park puts you at the Door...Tickets Concession in Away GA Bays are $19...

You can plan your trip here... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/

Tickets.... http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/D ... DA/tickets
Thanks for that mate. Now I just need decide if it's worth it. I might wait to see the team lists.
Why catch a train? Doesn't the BANDWAGON stop at the Coast?
Are you calling me a bandwagoner mate?

If you are, I'll have you know that I've been watching rugby league my whole life. I've supported the Tigers for over 12 years. I'm so passionate about the Tigers that once when I was 9 and the Tigers lost to the Titans I actually had an 'overflow of emotion.' I'm as much a Tigers fan as anyone.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Unread post by wt00 » Wed 24 May, 2017 8:44 pm

Yea, use the trip planner as Geo has linked. Will get you there comfortably and on time!
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25430
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 24 May, 2017 9:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 8:15 pm
Get out at Strathfield if train goes via Epping?

I don't know what opposition Ga is like my guess full of peanut stains fans
We are the opposition for this game... :?

Stains home game...ANZ members get reciprocal rights...
If we're the opposition then we're in with a hell of a good chance of winning

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Unread post by Milky » Wed 24 May, 2017 9:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 9:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 8:15 pm
Get out at Strathfield if train goes via Epping?

I don't know what opposition Ga is like my guess full of peanut stains fans
We are the opposition for this game... :?

Stains home game...ANZ members get reciprocal rights...
If we're the opposition then we're in with a hell of a good chance of winning
Winning the coin toss?

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4903
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 24 May, 2017 9:38 pm

What's the story Tacky, you've posted here nearly 1000 times, you've never been to a game? Are you testing Tigers out for size or are you more of a home-based viewer?

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25103
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 24 May, 2017 9:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 9:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 8:15 pm
Get out at Strathfield if train goes via Epping?

I don't know what opposition Ga is like my guess full of peanut stains fans
We are the opposition for this game... :?

Stains home game...ANZ members get reciprocal rights...
If we're the opposition then we're in with a hell of a good chance of winning
I see what you did....applause... :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 24 May, 2017 9:59 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 24 May, 2017 9:38 pm
What's the story Tacky, you've posted here nearly 1000 times, you've never been to a game? Are you testing Tigers out for size or are you more of a home-based viewer?
I live 2 hours away from ANZ and even further from Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

I'm the only one in my family that supports the Tigers.

None of my mates are interested in league.

I've been following the Tigers for more than 12 years, I passed the 'testing out' stage a long time ago. I'm stuck with them now, regardless of form.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3244
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 24 May, 2017 10:26 pm

Moved to our new home at Budgewoi over the weekend, having sold up in Sydney last year. Where abouts on the coast are you Tacky?

User avatar
Russta
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Kingaroy, Qld

Unread post by Russta » Wed 24 May, 2017 11:14 pm

Enjoy your first game Tacky. :D Hopefully its a Win.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”

cron