**Live game thread**

WT2K

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by WT2K » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 4:58 pm

Teddy and Woods played great after backing up. Marsters, had a strong debut, hope to see more of him as the season rolls on. Suli impressive again. JLJ should not be in the top grade ever again. Felise strong too with his game time.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:01 pm

Dear Ivan, please don't play JLJ again. Yours sincerely, every Tigers supporter.
P.S. And while your at it don't play Lovett either. Thanks.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Joelcainenumber1fan

Post by Joelcainenumber1fan » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:02 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 4:57 pm
A few things...

1. JLJ tried hard but proved once again he is not FG standard. Apart from 1-2 kicks his last tackle options left a lot to be desired and many of his passes were woeful.
2. Like JLJ Liddle showed he's not yet anywhere near FG standard. Some really bad passes including the botched pass to MCK that would've been a try.
3. Lovett once again was awful. Enough said.
4. Marsters looked good and should be in the 17 each week from now on. He made some mistakes but he'll only get better once his confidence grows.
5. Lolohea is not match fit. I'm not even sure he's a 5/8. He may be better switching to centre until 2018. However, he may perform better at 5/8 once he builds up his match fitness.
6. Naqama actually played pretty well, probably his best game in a while.
7. 16-12 is a fair result for us seeing as we are practically fielding an ISP side.

bit harsh on liddle thought he was finding a ton of gaps out there and opened them up a few times
yes the 2 passes were poor and clost us but he will get better with more game time

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:03 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:01 pm
Dear Ivan, please don't play JLJ again. Yours sincerely, every Tigers supporter.
P.S. And while your at it don't play Lovett either. Thanks.
Hard to believe Lovett and Edwards have been getting picked ahead of Marsters. He's miles ahead of them.

Littlejohn might be the worst halfback I've ever seen.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:04 pm

Joelcainenumber1fan wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:02 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
A few things...

1. JLJ tried hard but proved once again he is not FG standard. Apart from 1-2 kicks his last tackle options left a lot to be desired and many of his passes were woeful.
2. Like JLJ Liddle showed he's not yet anywhere near FG standard. Some really bad passes including the botched pass to MCK that would've been a try.
4. Marsters looked good and should be in the 17 each week from now on. He made some mistakes but he'll only get better once his confidence grows.
5. Lolohea is not match fit. I'm not even sure he's a 5/8. He may be better switching to centre until 2018. However, he may perform better at 5/8 once he builds up his match fitness.
7. 16-12 is a fair result for us seeing as we are practically fielding an ISP side.

bit harsh on liddle thought he was finding a ton of gaps out there and opened them up a few times
yes the 2 passes were poor and clost us but he will get better with more game time
Ok maybe a bit harsh but unlike JLJ and Lovett I really want to emphasise 'not yet ready'. He will be one day.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 3:57 pm
Our only path to victory is

1. Tedesco touching the ball min twice per set
2. Dragons not scoring a point through their own inability
3. Tedesco just magically clicking to put 2 tries on

99% loss incoming. Fluke victory is all we can hope for.
We nearly got to that 1% victory chance and it wasn't a fluke. It was all about working hard as a team. Great second half full of inspiration for the remainder of the season if they continue to play for each other.

Joelcainenumber1fan

Post by Joelcainenumber1fan » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm

one thing i will say kevin had one of those days today where he did everything right
hes good for maybe 3 of those a year

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm

A few positives at least to take out of the game are a) we didn't get flogged and b) we found another gem in Marsters. He should be picked every week from now ahead of Lovett and Edwards.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:08 pm

I thought our last 20 mins was really good. If we can maintain that for an entire game we may win a few

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:08 pm

I thought Liddle played great got them going forward. No spark whatsover till he came on.

Joelcainenumber1fan

Post by Joelcainenumber1fan » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:09 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm
A few positives at least to take out of the game are a) we didn't get flogged and b) we found another gem in Marsters. He should be picked every week from now ahead of Lovett and Edwards.
its unlikely we have a few to come back in that cleary thinks is better

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:10 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
A few things...

Liddle has only played a handful of FG games but showed today that if he takes his game up to the opposition he will give them plenty to worry about. He will improve appreciably as the season goes on, the same as Lolohea , Masters, Suli and MCK will.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:10 pm

How long is Brooks out for is what I want to know..
No more plodders!
:sign:

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:12 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:04 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
A few things...

Ok maybe a bit harsh but unlike JLJ and Lovett I really want to emphasise 'not yet ready'. He will be one day.
Liddle was excellent. He is definitely ready. His ability to cut down big men is amazing. The only other little man who I have seen do that so early in their career was Andrew Johns.

He threw two poor passes, one when he slipped at dummy half and the other when the person playing the ball rolled it too deep.

The pass to MCK could have been better but MCK still should have caught it. Liddle's alertness to keep the play alive was great.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:12 pm

Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:09 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm
its unlikely we have a few to come back in that cleary thinks is better
Who would they be?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:14 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm
MacDougall wrote:

We nearly got to that 1% victory chance and it wasn't a fluke. It was all about working hard as a team. Great second half full of inspiration for the remainder of the season if they continue to play for each other.
I love the sentiment but I am far from wrong. Tedesco set up the try. We magically clicked and put two tries on. Dragons managed one try and that is that. We came remarkably close to fluking it.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:14 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm
MacDougall wrote:

I love the sentiment but I am far from wrong. Tedesco set up the try. We magically clicked and put two tries on. Dragons managed one try and that is that. We came remarkably close to fluking it.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:14 pm

Could have been a different story if Badger actually pulled up the Dragons for being offside instead of letting them​ just stand in front of him all game.