Jacob Liddle

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Jacob Liddle

Unread post by ku5tom » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 9:34 am

After watching Matulino and Packer this weekend throwing some nice offloads I think this kid will really shine off the back of them as they really damage the line and with Packers super quick play the balls.

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 9:41 am

formerguest wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:38 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:06 pm
Having two hookers for the amount of time Liddle played today is ludicrous. Play one of them for 80 or at least give them 40 each. Playing MM for 20 is a complete waste of a reserve...which was made worse by losing Lawrence early.
I think you answered yourself with the time share of the hookers decided by the loss of Lawrence.
I don't understand your point. How does the loss of a second rower impact your hooking strategy? If anything, with Lawrence out I would have expected to at least see MM come back on for a stint at lock, but I didn't see him come back in at all after 20min?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 10:22 am

shakey4d wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 9:41 am
formerguest wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:38 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:06 pm
Having two hookers for the amount of time Liddle played today is ludicrous. Play one of them for 80 or at least give them 40 each. Playing MM for 20 is a complete waste of a reserve...which was made worse by losing Lawrence early.
I think you answered yourself with the time share of the hookers decided by the loss of Lawrence.
I don't understand your point. How does the loss of a second rower impact your hooking strategy? If anything, with Lawrence out I would have expected to at least see MM come back on for a stint at lock, but I didn't see him come back in at all after 20min?
Additional early interchange when Lawrence went off?

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 10:34 am

I have a left-field suggestion: play MMc as a backrower once he's done his stint at hooker. Lovett tried really hard yesterday but his running game is ineffective and his defence is alright without being in any way dominant.

Could you play MMc at hooker to start, sub Liddle at 20, then bring back MMc last 40 as defensive backrower. Tell him to tackle his guts out and hurt people.

You don't then need to carry Lovett, whose runs are custard anyway, and you still have a backup hooker if Liddle goes down.

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”