Jacob Liddle

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Jacob Liddle

Post by formerguest » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:38 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 6:06 pm
Having two hookers for the amount of time Liddle played today is ludicrous. Play one of them for 80 or at least give them 40 each. Playing MM for 20 is a complete waste of a reserve...which was made worse by losing Lawrence early.
I think you answered yourself with the time share of the hookers decided by the loss of Lawrence.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 7:01 pm

I thought he was good today.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 7:03 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 7:01 pm
I thought he was good today.
Pity he is surrounded by pretenders that can not catch the ball and move forward !

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:04 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 5:38 pm
Is he arrogant of what ??
That pass from him that Cheem Kam dropped, he didnt even bother acknowledging anything
Arrogantly walked off in another direction
Saw him more than once display the same body language

I know the club, coach and CEO are trying to change the culture. Lets hope im wrong about my assessment today

On his footballing, no question he can play
I'm not sure what you mean. I was at the game and I saw him remonstrate in annoyance at the outcome of his pass to Chee Kam. I don't see any arrogance whatsoever. I see a quiet, humble young player who is trying very hard to do his best.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm

He was great today....threatened the Dragons through the middle....should have also got a few penalties from Badge..Oh..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:25 pm

Great attack, great defence, one of the best on the field.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:33 pm

Really hope this kid kicks on and lives up to all these expectations.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm

stevied wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:04 pm
That pass from him that Cheem Kam dropped, he didnt even bother acknowledging anything

I know the club, coach and CEO are trying to change the culture. Lets hope im wrong about my assessment today

I'm not sure what you mean. I was at the game and I saw him remonstrate in annoyance at the outcome of his pass to Chee Kam. I don't see any arrogance whatsoever. I see a quiet, humble young player who is trying very hard to do his best.
Why does the modern player need a hug every time he drops the ball anyway?

Thought Liddle looked good today. I'd be keeping both he and MM in the 17 all year as I believe there isn't enough depth to justify an extra prop or second rower at this time. We looked good when attacking the ruck and think we should stick to this .

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:37 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:25 pm
Great attack, great defence, one of the best on the field.
His defence was great wasn't it. I know that he can attack but his defence was really good.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 11:23 pm

He's definitely first grade level right now and I'll be amazed if he isn't a rep player in the next few years. I just hope we can hang on to him long term.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 11:29 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 11:23 pm
He's definitely first grade level right now and I'll be amazed if he isn't a rep player in the next few years. I just hope we can hang on to him long term.
Tiger torch stated Liddle was happy to hang around and play reserve grade till he can nail down a spot.
This guy is all class and loyal as.

We weren't worried about losing Cherrington because we knew we had this secret weapon.

He will repay us.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 11:33 pm

lol try playing behind Woods and Ava

He is a gun, liking what I've seen so far

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 12:49 am

More impressed by his defence than his running game at the moment. Thought he was good without being great tonight, quite a few sloppy passes in the second half, though hopefully that was just fatigue and not bad habits. That said, his pass in the lead up to Kev's try was top shelf. Worth persisting with a 40/40 split with McIlwrick for this season while we're no chance I think

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 1:09 am

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
stevied wrote:

Why does the modern player need a hug every time he drops the ball anyway?

Thought Liddle looked good today. I'd be keeping both he and MM in the 17 all year as I believe there isn't enough depth to justify an extra prop or second rower at this time. We looked good when attacking the ruck and think we should stick to this .
Totally agree, we only ever look good when we play up tempo through the middle with players pushing up around the ball. Whenever we put a play on with Teddy out the back, the defense reads it too easy and just pressures him and most of the time he's taking the pass while bracing for the collision or getting the ball and having to stop dead and change direction and come back infield and the play breaks down, that's pretty much all we have in attack and for it to work our execution needs to be perfect and it's usually not.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 5:48 am

Good player, some passes went astray during the match due to lack of concentration or fatigue....he should also back himself more in attack esp with his speed....this will grow in confidence....decent rolling forward pack and this kid will kill it.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:03 am

I think he is a gun player and the team improved with his service from dummy half yesterday/ Behind a forward pack with more grunt and another off-season under his belt, he should be first choice at 9 for a long time to come. He's a keeper for sure.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 8:11 am

stevied wrote:

Agree .... I didn't see any issues.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Jun, 2017 9:25 am

As other have said, our tempo our game speed seems to go up a gear when he is on the field. I would keep him in tandem with Maca till about this time next year and than re asses the situation. By that time he should be nearly a 80min no9 and that will gives a better bench rotation. I personally think he will be a gun and a future long term captain of the club