Wests Tigers side for Round 1

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Wests Tigers side for Round 1

Post by jadtiger » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 7:18 am

alien wrote:We don't even need a back on the interchange. If Benji needs to come off then Liam moving to five eighth would be better than Fitzy coming on and playing five eighth. We really need another prop or second rower on the bench.

Totally agree.Fitzy is just a waste on the bench he has no real utility value being equally inept in all positions.Another forward should be there.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 9:56 am

1. Tim Molzten (OK fullback - brilliant halfback. Will be good when he chimes into the backline or up the middle of the ruck at full pace. Has great talent but needs to be involved in every set of six and has to run off Benji's shoulder)
2. Lote Tuqiri (Wont know what has hit him out there with the pace of the game. You have to admire him for his guts coming straight back into the big time and the spotlight. Is a proud person who will give it his all)
3. Blake Ayshford (Pure talent. A typical 1980's style player in the Chris Mortimer mould. The offseason is what the Fonz was salivating for Blake to endure. Now that has happened I predict him to have a massive season. Needs to pass the ball more.)
4. Chris Lawrence (Needs to stay wide and run straight lines. Get those hands working. The Fonz has taught him to run sideways and dummy inside to runners which looks ridiculously silly when Chris does that. Just needs to run into holes at a zillion miles an hour and if he does that they will need the fire brigade on standby to extinguish the flames from the grass. Needs a big game to get back on track)
5. Beau Ryan (Mind on game. Concentrate. Get those hands working. Set that radar on the corner post. Needs to back himself and play with confidence because when he does he can match all wingers in every facet of the game)
6. Benji Marshall (Is God. Needs to focus and relax. Communicate with his team mates. Concentrate on his kicks. Be 2nd or 3rd receiver out wide. )
7. Robert Lui (Needs to give himself time to do things. Dont be rushed. Has greater skills than Foran but Foran has more time to do things and much more relaxed. Should be a great contest between these Schoolboy Champions)
8. Bryce Gibbs (Will be up to the task and what a massive task it is. He needs to hit very hard to match it with the great manly pack. He is hurting after being robbed of games last year after a ridiculous suspension.)
9. Robbie Farah (In my opinion the best player in the world today)
10. Keith Galloway (Best Front rower on the field along with Kite and Rose. Needs a massive game and needs to show that he can dominate against a great pack)
11. Liam Fulton (Good trial form sees Liam in the starting side. Looks extremely dangerous as he is about to hit the line with ball in hand but needs supporting players running off him at pace as he is about to hit the line so he always has a passing option. If he has support at the line we will carve up all year. He needs to be supported.)
12. Gareth Ellis (Worlds best 2nd rower with Nathan Hindmarsh. Needs support, needs to hit Watmough & Co very hard)
13. Chris Heighington (needs a big game as he is slipping down the ladder skills wise compared with the top backrowers of the game. Tackles all day but needs to expand his offensive game)

14. Jason Cayless (The jury is out as far as I am concerned. We will get a better idea after this game as to where Jason is at in regards to his rehab and ability to match it in the NRL in 2010. Replaces Skando on the Roster but can he replace him on the field?)
15. Junior Moors (Must be congratulated as he beat a field including David Gower who I rate but the Fonz does not. Also beat the Fifita brothers as well for a spot. He needs a massive game.)
16. Mark Flanagan (Unbelievable achievement to make this 17 as the man has only ever played 10 games in his life in the top grade in England. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes. He had massive ticker bringing himself to this country looking for a start. He played well in the trials and hit hard)
17. Daniel Fitzhenry (Needs to run straight and hard. Concentrate on his hands)
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 1:17 pm

Is it not just possible that Fitzy is there this week to cover for Lote just incase he needs a breather? When Payten comes back it would be the 3 forwards and a utility surely.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 1:23 pm

IronTiger wrote:Is it not just possible that Fitzy is there this week to cover for Lote just incase he needs a breather? When Payten comes back it would be the 3 forwards and a utility surely.
Yeah exactly & Fitzhenry will be the utility :oops:

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 1:34 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:1. Tim Molzten (OK fullback - brilliant halfback. Will be good when he chimes into the backline or up the middle of the ruck at full pace. Has great talent but needs to be involved in every set of six and has to run off Benji's shoulder)
2. Lote Tuqiri (Wont know what has hit him out there with the pace of the game. You have to admire him for his guts coming straight back into the big time and the spotlight. Is a proud person who will give it his all)
3. Blake Ayshford (Pure talent. A typical 1980's style player in the Chris Mortimer mould. The offseason is what the Fonz was salivating for Blake to endure. Now that has happened I predict him to have a massive season. Needs to pass the ball more.)
4. Chris Lawrence (Needs to stay wide and run straight lines. Get those hands working. The Fonz has taught him to run sideways and dummy inside to runners which looks ridiculously silly when Chris does that. Just needs to run into holes at a zillion miles an hour and if he does that they will need the fire brigade on standby to extinguish the flames from the grass. Needs a big game to get back on track)
5. Beau Ryan (Mind on game. Concentrate. Get those hands working. Set that radar on the corner post. Needs to back himself and play with confidence because when he does he can match all wingers in every facet of the game)
6. Benji Marshall (Is God. Needs to focus and relax. Communicate with his team mates. Concentrate on his kicks. Be 2nd or 3rd receiver out wide. )
7. Robert Lui (Needs to give himself time to do things. Dont be rushed. Has greater skills than Foran but Foran has more time to do things and much more relaxed. Should be a great contest between these Schoolboy Champions)
8. Bryce Gibbs (Will be up to the task and what a massive task it is. He needs to hit very hard to match it with the great manly pack. He is hurting after being robbed of games last year after a ridiculous suspension.)
10. Keith Galloway (Best Front rower on the field along with Kite and Rose. Needs a massive game and needs to show that he can dominate against a great pack)
11. Liam Fulton (Good trial form sees Liam in the starting side. Looks extremely dangerous as he is about to hit the line with ball in hand but needs supporting players running off him at pace as he is about to hit the line so he always has a passing option. If he has support at the line we will carve up all year. He needs to be supported.)
12. Gareth Ellis (Worlds best 2nd rower with Nathan Hindmarsh. Needs support, needs to hit Watmough & Co very hard)
13. Chris Heighington (needs a big game as he is slipping down the ladder skills wise compared with the top backrowers of the game. Tackles all day but needs to expand his offensive game)

14. Jason Cayless (The jury is out as far as I am concerned. We will get a better idea after this game as to where Jason is at in regards to his rehab and ability to match it in the NRL in 2010. Replaces Skando on the Roster but can he replace him on the field?)
15. Junior Moors (Must be congratulated as he beat a field including David Gower who I rate but the Fonz does not. Also beat the Fifita brothers as well for a spot. He needs a massive game.)
16. Mark Flanagan (Unbelievable achievement to make this 17 as the man has only ever played 10 games in his life in the top grade in England. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes. He had massive ticker bringing himself to this country looking for a start. He played well in the trials and hit hard)

That's an excellent write-up BB. Not sure Robbie is the best in the world and Watmough might resent not being included with Gareth and Hindy; but I nit-pick.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 2:03 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:1. Tim Molzten (OK fullback - brilliant halfback. Will be good when he chimes into the backline or up the middle of the ruck at full pace. Has great talent but needs to be involved in every set of six and has to run off Benji's shoulder)

That's an excellent write-up BB. Not sure Robbie is the best in the world and Watmough might resent not being included with Gareth and Hindy; but I nit-pick.
Good write up indeed. Although calling Moltzen a "brilliant halfback" is way too strong. I would actually agree that Farah at his best is probably the most influential player in the world. Fitzy got away a bit kindly. Flanagan must have shown something because it is my understanding it was never intended that he would slot straight into first grade.

I would have Galloway over Rose and Kite any day of the week.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 3:33 pm

i read that benji is in doubt and lazarus is on stand by, thanks RLW

tigh

Post by tigh » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 3:40 pm

jadtiger wrote:
alien wrote:We don't even need a back on the interchange. If Benji needs to come off then Liam moving to five eighth would be better than Fitzy coming on and playing five eighth. We really need another prop or second rower on the bench.

Totally agree.Fitzy is just a waste on the bench he has no real utility value being equally inept in all positions.Another forward should be there.

What a joke. This is like a bad recurring nightmare. I can see Fitzy starting for Lote - with Lote not coming on until late in the 1st half, or early 2nd half.

How on earth Taumata is not used (unless he's injured) as a utility instead of Fitzy is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRET

Post by BRET » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 5:24 pm

Adrian wrote:i read that benji is in doubt and lazarus is on stand by, thanks RLW
I heard the same thing last Saturday.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 6:08 pm

Adrian wrote:i read that benji is in doubt and lazarus is on stand by, thanks RLW

As mentioned that has been known by a fair few since Saturday.

Hell it was posted here on Monday lunchtime

weststigersforum.com > RLW for Tigers news

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 6:10 pm

This side looks good,as long as Benji takes the field.I'm looking forward to a win against Manly mondat night......

:sign: :righton: :supporter:
Cheers Poppa

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 7:29 pm

I asked his Uncle today and he said "he's good to go"

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 8:45 pm

Not too sure if Benji will be there. My mail has him in doubt for 2-3 weeks. Lets hope the magic spray is used to its full potential?!"Robbie Farah the best player in the world today". Love the passion, but Robbie is way down the list. He'd be lucky to make the Top 20!!!Moltzen, he is best suited at Fullback for now. He'll play for Australia as a Centre one day. Unfortunately, Moltz will be the Central Coast Bears number 1 signing!!!Good Luck boys for Monday. Hope we play the full 80 minutes...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

alien

Post by alien » Wed 10 Mar, 2010 10:39 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Moltz will be the Central Coast Bears number 1 signing!!!
Who says there will be a Central Coast Bears team in the NRL???

BRET

Post by BRET » Thu 11 Mar, 2010 12:12 am

alien wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Moltz will be the Central Coast Bears number 1 signing!!!
Who says there will be a Central Coast Bears team in the NRL???
These guys seem to think it will happen - at least they are working really hard towards it, and have willing sponsors awaiting.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5836244235
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

BRET

Post by BRET » Thu 11 Mar, 2010 12:13 am

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/the_bid_team.html

To keep up to date on the issue there is the above site.

-Vince Lombardi

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Thu 11 Mar, 2010 3:01 am

i have no problem with us having a back on the bench to start the year.
sheens always does this to start.
2 years ago the protest was about moltzen on the bench.benji gets injured in the 1st half and we got through with a win.
last year it was hanbury who covered an injury.

wish it wasn't fitzy though,but if he has done the work over the off season,then good luck to him.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 11 Mar, 2010 3:30 pm

just on robbie, i got the feeling last year the whole farrah/SOO thing got too much focus on his part and to be a little brutal, the impression i got was that he was more concerned about himself than the team. i hope this changes this season. good luck to him, but tigers come first IMO.
i dont know the guy, and am completely open to being wrong about this - in fact, i hope i am!
and fitzy is sure to be under close scrutiny, but as bonstonker says, if he is good enough then fair enough.