Will the Hype beat the Tigers tonight??

alexaki

Will the Hype beat the Tigers tonight??

Post by alexaki » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 8:40 am

After watching how Souths capitulated yesterday after all the Hype surrounding them having Sam Burgess and the "best pack in the NRL"...they played with no enthusiasim and expected to win easily...The Tigers have no been shy of the headlines the last month or so and there is much Hype around the Tigers first game with Lote and so on...I just hope we don't turn up with the same mindset as Souths...or we'll get smashed!!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 8:58 am

I agree.
if the team goes into the game with great expectations, as in having to run on, kick off, complete a few sets of six and this ensures a win, it will be a very long night.
if you don't be wary of opponents, you will get soundly beaten.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:46 am

The difference being that the Souths hype has come from them and particualy that Joker Taylor but ours has been mostly all press talk.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:59 am

They have had as nearly as much press exposure as POODLE and BUNGLE so it must have some effect, lets hope its positive. I keep saying it, round one anything can happen but like with most games it will come down who has to make the less tackles and can conserve petrol

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 12:16 pm

Souths have talked themselves up. I'd be filthy with Asotasi and Taylor today given what they've said previously. As for us i think we're talking a lot more sense. Though that doesn't exclude the possibility, it gives me hope we'll be okay. It will help also that the Dogs and Bunnies both lost, meaning our boys should be fully aware they need to put in and play well.

dacoots_tiger

Post by dacoots_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 1:36 pm

After watching the Roosters play in the trial against Parra, I put my joker on the chooks in Fox Tipping this week. I think the Tiges have prepared well for tonights game - Sheens, Royce and Folkes would have seen to that, no doubts.,

willow

Post by willow » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 1:54 pm

I think the Tigers will have prepared well. One thing Sheens does do well is prepare his side each week. Apart from a couple of games early last year where the Tigers handling was atrocious, they pretty much turned up each week ready to play.

Sheens has said the side needs to come out with plenty of energy so Manly don't gain the upper hand early and I reckon this will be the case. I think the Tigers will play tight and direct up the middle of the field early and focus on getting to their kick/chase. Hopefully it comes off tonight.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 2:14 pm

Organisation and conviction will hold the key. I agree Willow that if we kick and chase well we will go a long way to getting a victory.

Im excited !!!

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:08 pm

The bubbles still intact at Tiger Town after our massive come from behind win tonight.