First Grade Live Game Thread.

Raptor

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread.

Post by Raptor » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 8:58 pm

Man we can't we play like we did in the last 20 min the whole game..

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks for all the updates in Nashville and been up since 3am /now 5am great win tiges !

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:01 pm

Dreadful first half, amazing second half. We'll need to improve on that if we're going to go anywhere this year. Entertaining game though.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks also from me in Paris. It's a long way from here to the SFS!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:07 pm

yeah the first half was fairly poor in attack, some definite room for improvement

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks for the people who gave good comments on the game. No thanks to the negative nilly.

Ian AKA Tiger Ted
Location: Warrimoo west of Sydney East of Perth North of Hobart & South of Cape York .

Post by Ian AKA Tiger Ted » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:11 pm

Golden wrote:thatst he game there where gone cant see us scoring twice in 10 mins
Mate you need a seeing eye dog a white stick & a good watch :shock:
' DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE '

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:11 pm

Realistically, happy to take the win, but we can't play like that in defence every week because any team worth their salt would have buried us tonight.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:12 pm

Yep, everyone is on the button. Dreadful 1st half on tge back of poor discipline and unforced errors. That second half, much better. Moltzen stood up, finally which injected the spark. We have got soooo much improvement in us but good to be on the board. We'll need to be on song for the Rorters.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:15 pm

Happy with the 2 points. Had a very poor 30 minutes in the middle, but I can handle that - only round 1.

jenzed

Post by jenzed » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:18 pm

Good game, what a comeback. Lot's of positives, a lot of things to work on. For me, I thought the intensity tonight was good first twenty and last twenty, lost our way a bit in between. A lot of good performances, Tuquiri, Moltzen (latterly), Farrah, Fulton, Marshall amongst others, but IMO topped by Ellis. Discipline could have been better, especially first half. Good start. Roll on next weekend.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:20 pm

Great comeback by the boys...no surprise to see that when Moltz injected himself into the front line our attack improved. If we are to make the finals this year he must play in the halves...

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:22 pm

southerntiger wrote:Golden is always silent when we are in front.
LOL very true thats because im enjoying the game when we are leading! I come here put on the radio to vent when where down im stil amazed on the win and happy to be wrong as always

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:23 pm

I still can't believe we won, this team is going to give me a heart attack before I'm 30!

Unbelieveable game.

First half was shocking. We started excellently, defence was great, intensity was great. After that we just collapsed.

The bench is a HUGE issue. As soon as Galloway and Gibbs go off
we just have nothing upfront and Manly were belting us. We made George Rose look like Arthur Beetson FFS, and he's an overweight hack.

Second half started slowly but we just clicked in the last 20. Unbelievable comeback, I still can't believe it.

Moltzen had a great last 20 but he is not a fullback, I can't stress this enough. He runs sideways on kick returns, wobble under the high ball and a real lack of intensity returning the ball.

Lote was fantastic considering his preparation, he's still quick!!

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:26 pm

Golden wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Golden is always silent when we are in front.
LOL very true thats because im enjoying the game when we are leading! I come here put on the radio to vent when where down im stil amazed on the win and happy to be wrong as always
Golden the problem is I come here to get updates and commentary. Your venting is sometimes (always) overwhelming.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:28 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:I still can't believe we won, this team is going to give me a heart attack before I'm 30!

Unbelieveable game.

First half was shocking. We started excellently, defence was great, intensity was great. After that we just collapsed.

The bench is a HUGE issue. As soon as Galloway and Gibbs go off
we just have nothing upfront and Manly were belting us. We made George Rose look like Arthur Beetson FFS, and he's an overweight hack.

Second half started slowly but we just clicked in the last 20. Unbelievable comeback, I still can't believe it.

Moltzen had a great last 20 but he is not a fullback, I can't stress this enough. He runs sideways on kick returns, wobble under the high ball and a real lack of intensity returning the ball.

Lote was fantastic considering his preparation, he's still quick!!
It sounds to me it was actually only 15 mins in the first half that was terrible. We had one disallowed try and dropped one the line. It sounds like apart from that middle 15 we werent too bad.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:33 pm

Golden wrote:*yawns* 2010
Something come back to bite you on the...?

chkbehind

Post by chkbehind » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:54 pm

Unreal comeback. Totally agree we need alot of work but it's early and we will improve. I think we missed Payten. Ellis was awesome awesome as usual. Moltzen was found out of position a few times tonight, kick returns were poor also. Our general kicking game is bad and has been for some time, really need to fix that. Overall not too bad for first round and lol @ Tim Sheens after we got that final penalty in the last seconds "Tell him to kick it out!"